Where do I find boxes like this (6 bottles, on side)?

Betz Family Winery in Washington State uses 6 bottle boxes that hold the bottles on their sides. I’ve found these boxes to be perfect for storing my wine. They’re sturdy, they don’t take up too much extra space, and because they only hold 6 bottles, they’re much less awkward to move around than full case boxes.

A few years ago, I asked them where to get some, and they very generously gave me a whole bunch. But they never did tell me who the original supplier is, and now that I’ve run through my supply, I’d like to buy more. Do any of you know where I can buy boxes like this in reasonably small quantities (i.e. under 100)?

I’m just jealous you’re in the club… I hear Bob’s waiting list is 6 years out!

While looking around I found a couple ideas.

First, this is not what you want, but I thought it was kinda cool- http://www.amazon.com/Storvino-Nero-Bottle-Storage-Container/dp/B001C01S6W/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/180-0744820-4748535
Second, these folks seem to have quite the array, but once again - not what you’re looking for exactly http://www.naylorpackaging.com/packaging_retail.asp

It seems like the Betz boxes are custom, but I have no idea, really.

Really? I’ve never ordered and still get their emails.

I’m sure you already looked, but every box of that type that has come through our shop has the manufacturer listed somewhere on the box.

Georgia Pacific, Temple Inland, Koch Industries all produce boxes, but I’m not sure they sell less than 100,000. You might hit up your local wine shops and ask them to save them for you. Off the top of my head, Miner Family, Ghost Block and Chappellet all use those type boxes.

Thanks all. Yes, I looked all over the box and couldn’t find a manufacturer name anywhere, which surprised me.

Maybe I just need to buy 100k and start a business reselling them :wink:

Sean,

If you plan on coming to No Cal at any time, I’ll save some for you or collect enough to fill a large shipping box and ship them to you.

Thanks Randy, that’s very nice of you. I have one other lead I’m following up on offline, so I’ll let you know.

You can find them at Packaging Plus sales@pkg-plus.com … Paso Robles Office: 805.434.3712 Ask for Suzy

They make some six pack stand up boxes for my brand and the lay down type for the wine brand Epoch.