Ever Have To File A Complaint About Another Winery?

Discussions and questions (vintages, winemaking, etc) for those ITB. All are welcome to post.
timmy roos
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Ever Have To File A Complaint About Another Winery?

#101 Post by timmy roos » September 14th, 2020, 8:47 am

In our county the attitude is there is more important things to do. Not winery related but there have been complaints of people buying nonessential items at target
Things are getting funny these day

Bill Tex Landreth

#102 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » September 14th, 2020, 2:50 pm

Merrill Lindquist wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 11:18 am
I have been staying away from this thread as the antagonism is a bit much. But now that I am being quoted, please note that Larry was not forthcoming in his original post just what type of infraction he felt he was dealing with. It took 10 posts before he explained this was another to mask or not to mask thread. I would not have ventured in if I knew what the question really was. However, knowing all the details, now, I still, as a winery here in Napa Valley, would not file a complaint with the authorities against a fellow winery. I still put it in the "not worth it" category. Hang me.
Hang you?
Compact Disc and Wine Theft should be reported and prosecuted.

Bill Tex Landreth

#103 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » September 14th, 2020, 2:53 pm

Victor Hong wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 6:58 am
Merrill Lindquist wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 11:18 am
I have been staying away from this thread as the antagonism is a bit much. But now that I am being quoted, please note that Larry was not forthcoming in his original post just what type of infraction he felt he was dealing with. It took 10 posts before he explained this was another to mask or not to mask thread. I would not have ventured in if I knew what the question really was. However, knowing all the details, now, I still, as a winery here in Napa Valley, would not file a complaint with the authorities against a fellow winery. I still put it in the "not worth it" category. Hang me.
Kim Z wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 6:43 am
Victor Hong wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 2:54 pm
If Merrill, Kim, or others have no problem with wineries violating nationwide health safety guidelines, would they object if such wineries were publicly named?
At least in CA the guidelines vary by county - which is more appropriate than one size fits all solutions.

To your suggestion of doxing "violating" wineries, how would you go about this? First, what evidence of local guidelines would you require? And assuming you (or anyone) are self-qualified to judge, what venues would you use to publish your findings? Assuming authorities won't take action, would outing home addresses of winery workers be OK?
A bona fide citizen observation would be referred to the relevant local or state authorities. The authorities are responsible for due process of any report.
The same applies also for other potential law violations involving labor, health, sanitation, environment, liquor, etc.

Otherwise, we operate in a "see, hear, and speak no evil" world.
The world revolves around Merrill and her cats. Her attitude of protect the elites is what will cause her eventual excommunication from her perceived winemaker circle.

Kim Z

#104 Post by Kim Z » September 14th, 2020, 3:13 pm

Bill Tex Landreth wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 2:53 pm
The world revolves around Merrill and her cats. Her attitude of protect the elites is what will cause her eventual excommunication from her perceived winemaker circle.
[/quote]

I and surely many others here like Merrill, her cats, and her wine! Not sure why the vindictive snarkasm, but you outed yourself by skirting the issues and sniping instead.
K*I*M Zussm@n

Bill Tex Landreth

#105 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » September 14th, 2020, 3:19 pm

Kim Z wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 3:13 pm
Bill Tex Landreth wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 2:53 pm
I and surely many others here like Merrill, her cats, and her wine! Not sure why the vindictive snarkasm, but you outed yourself by skirting the issues and sniping instead.
[/quote]

Sigh.

Exactly what skirting of issues? She dose not to want to 'rat out' anybody. She does not want to comply with healthcare guidelines handed out by government officials that know better than her.

Kim, I know (along with a great many others) about Merrill. So, your condescension is misplaced on me.

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#106 Post by Siun o'Connell » September 14th, 2020, 7:22 pm

Look I totally disagree with Merrill’s position on the issue at hand but I am really f*ck tired of these attacks on her that imply all sorts of bad behavior but with not specifics for her to respond to . And each time you do this, it has a really rotten sexist tone to it.

Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#107 Post by Mark Golodetz » September 14th, 2020, 11:19 pm

Siun o'Connell wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 7:22 pm
Look I totally disagree with Merrill’s position on the issue at hand but I am really f*ck tired of these attacks on her that imply all sorts of bad behavior but with not specifics for her to respond to . And each time you do this, it has a really rotten sexist tone to it.
+1. And reading my first post, my apologies to her for any misunderstanding. I disagree totally with her POV, but it should in no way be interpreted as an attack on her personally. Besides I am pretty fond of cats myself.
ITB

Kim Z

#108 Post by Kim Z » September 15th, 2020, 9:22 am

I just re-read all of Merrill's posts on this thread and frankly wtf is wrong with all of you with the piling-on? You guys sound like the "silence is violence" mob - making things up to thrust fists in the air while claiming hegemony over science and morals.

I agree with her that in general it is best for businesses to mind their own business, which would be lost on those who never successfully ran a business.
K*I*M Zussm@n

David K o l i n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#109 Post by David K o l i n » September 15th, 2020, 9:40 am

Kim Z wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:22 am
I just re-read all of Merrill's posts on this thread and frankly wtf is wrong with all of you with the piling-on? You guys sound like the "silence is violence" mob - making things up to thrust fists in the air while claiming hegemony over science and morals.

I agree with her that in general it is best for businesses to mind their own business, which would be lost on those who never successfully ran a business.
Any luck finding those studies on mask efficacy?

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#110 Post by Todd F r e n c h » September 15th, 2020, 10:00 am

Bill, enough with harassing Merrill. Everybody sees it, it's not clever, nor is it funny. Please stop.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Kim Z

#111 Post by Kim Z » September 15th, 2020, 10:28 am

David K o l i n wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:40 am
Kim Z wrote:

Science eschews luck! Not really appropriate for this forum but you can start with this from CDC (I can provide many more if the mob wants):

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

"evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza"
K*I*M Zussm@n

Victor Hong

#112 Post by Victor Hong » September 15th, 2020, 11:04 am

Kim Z wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 10:28 am
David K o l i n wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:40 am
Kim Z wrote:

Science eschews luck! Not really appropriate for this forum but you can start with this from CDC (I can provide many more if the mob wants):

"evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza"
Influenza is not the same as Covid-19. Even this poor, dumb Chinatown noodle-slinger knows that.
WineHunter.

Kim Z

#113 Post by Kim Z » September 15th, 2020, 12:32 pm

Victor Hong wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 11:04 am
Influenza is not the same as Covid-19. Even this poor, dumb Chinatown noodle-slinger knows that.
[/quote]

Of course! but they are both respiratory viruses that spread the same way.

Reverting to terrior, one can debate lab studies but empirical results are more salient - even in France
image (1).png
K*I*M Zussm@n

Victor Hong

#114 Post by Victor Hong » September 15th, 2020, 12:52 pm

Covid-19 is far more than a respiratory virus. The respiratory tract is a key entry point, but hardly a terminus. That alone is to capitalize on the benefits of a mask.
Last edited by Victor Hong on September 15th, 2020, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WineHunter.

Kim Z

#115 Post by Kim Z » September 15th, 2020, 1:19 pm

Victor Hong wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 12:52 pm
Covid-19 is far more than a respiratory virus. The respiratory tract is a key entry point, but hardly a terminus.
False argument. These respiratory viruses enter and exit by the oral/nasal airway, as is contagion via exhaled virus-laden water droplets.
K*I*M Zussm@n

Victor Hong

#116 Post by Victor Hong » September 15th, 2020, 1:20 pm

Kim Z wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 1:19 pm
Victor Hong wrote:
Covid-19 is far more than a respiratory virus. The respiratory tract is a key entry point, but hardly a terminus. That alone is to capitalize on the benefits of a mask.
False argument. These respiratory viruses enter and exit by the oral/nasal airway, as is contagion via exhaled virus-laden water droplets.
newhere
WineHunter.

Andy Steinman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#118 Post by Andy Steinman » September 15th, 2020, 1:53 pm

Kim Z wrote:

Sorry, but you certainly don't speak for all who have run a successful business.

I have and continue to run multiple successful businesses, and I completely disagree with you. Many other business owners in the wine industry would as well.

If a winery blatantly disregards COVID related mandates, it casts a negative reflection on everyone else in the industry and puts the local community at unnecessary risk. Selfish and stupid behavior.

Oregon wineries have generally complied with state mandates and those who initially didn't responded to peer pressure.
ITB: Partner, Walter Scott Wines, Le Pigeon, Canard, and DigitalPour; Managing Director Metis NW

todd waldmann
GCC Member
GCC Member

#119 Post by todd waldmann » September 15th, 2020, 4:47 pm

Kim,

Why are continually quoting Influenza studies to support your assertion that masks have no effect on the spread of COVID-19? And you’ll have to try harder than “they are both respiratory viruses.” That argument is laughable...
“Burgundy is, well, Burgundy. A minefield of potential disappointments beloved by elitists and pseudo-intellectuals who like to discuss ad nauseam growers and terroirs—not quality.” RMP

Paul Luckin

#120 Post by Paul Luckin » September 15th, 2020, 5:14 pm

Andy Steinman wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 1:53 pm
Kim Z wrote:

Sorry, but you certainly don't speak for all who have run a successful business.

I have and continue to run multiple successful businesses, and I completely disagree with you. Many other business owners in the wine industry would as well.

If a winery blatantly disregards COVID related mandates, it casts a negative reflection on everyone else in the industry and puts the local community at unnecessary risk. Selfish and stupid behavior.

Oregon wineries have generally complied with state mandates and those who initially didn't responded to peer pressure.
::likebutton::
\m/ >_< \m/

ITB once again

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#121 Post by Siun o'Connell » September 15th, 2020, 6:02 pm

Kim Z wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 1:19 pm
Victor Hong wrote:
Covid-19 is far more than a respiratory virus. The respiratory tract is a key entry point, but hardly a terminus.
Oh wait ... are you the Kim Zussman who writes for “Daily Speculations”? I was curious what your successful business is? Wine? Dentistry? Writer?

Victor Hong

#122 Post by Victor Hong » September 16th, 2020, 5:02 am

Kim Z wrote:

By your logic, should we use influenza vaccines on Covid-19 patients?
WineHunter.

Victor Hong

#123 Post by Victor Hong » September 16th, 2020, 6:05 am

Kim Z wrote:

Yesterday, my doctor gave me a Coronavirus flu shot, before the season starts.
Did you get yours yet, to help promote herd mentality?
WineHunter.

Return to “Cellar Rats (ITB)”