Removing Labels - Help

newhere My bottling / labeling line needs new optical sensors and they are ordered but I have several dozen bottles that the labeler put 3 or more labels and back labels on the bottle. Is there a foolproof way to remove the labels completely so I can run them through the labeler again? [thankyou.gif]

I’ve done this many times unfortunately. Simply soak the bottles in cool/cold water. Use a half ton picking bin and stand bottles upright inside. Fill with water enough to just cover above the label. Let sit for 15 min to a half hour and peel label/s off. Dry bottle and re label. Time consuming but effective. Good luck.

If the labels are fresh then Brian’s suggestion should work easy enough. If you need an assist you can add some sodium carbonate, which will help with the glue. If you’re using peroxy in the winery then I’d guess that could work, too, though I’ve not tried it myself.

Wax job at the local beauty salon.

Hi Nola!

Sorry for the late reply. A little citric acid in the soaking water works miracles, and then you don’t have to rinse/neutralize the percarb after. So just water and citric acid.

If all else fails there’s a chemical that helps remove labels you can buy