Wine Spectator: Small Wineries Hoping for Tax Cuts Face Massive Tax Hikes Instead

Discussions and questions (vintages, winemaking, etc) for those ITB. All are welcome to post.
Ken Zinns
GCC Member
GCC Member

Wine Spectator: Small Wineries Hoping for Tax Cuts Face Massive Tax Hikes Instead

#1 Post by Ken Zinns » May 11th, 2018, 7:42 pm

Sounds like this is a real mess and could be a big problem for a lot of small wineries if things don't get resolved soon.
Small Wineries Hoping for Tax Cuts Face Massive Tax Hikes Instead
ITB, Harrington Wines & Eno Wines, and Grape-Nutz.com

ericleehall

#2 Post by ericleehall » May 11th, 2018, 8:25 pm

I should point out that this apparent error only applies to winery operations who don't have their own winery, or who transfer their wines in bond to a bonded storage facility.
All for the Love of Pinot!
www.roadhousewinery.com

Ken Zinns
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by Ken Zinns » May 11th, 2018, 8:33 pm

ericleehall wrote:I should point out that this apparent error only applies to winery operations who don't have their own winery, or who transfer their wines in bond to a bonded storage facility.
True, but these issues are the case with many smaller producers.
ITB, Harrington Wines & Eno Wines, and Grape-Nutz.com

Ed Kurtzman
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#4 Post by Ed Kurtzman » May 11th, 2018, 8:41 pm

This seems like a paperwork headache for lots of small wineries. I prefer to ship all of our wine tax paid to the warehouse where we store. I believe we can take advantage of the new tax credit this way.

ericleehall

#5 Post by ericleehall » May 11th, 2018, 8:47 pm

Ed Kurtzman wrote:This seems like a paperwork headache for lots of small wineries. I prefer to ship all of our wine tax paid to the warehouse where we store. I believe we can take advantage of the new tax credit this way.
I do the same thing, and have been told that this issue does not apply to me.
All for the Love of Pinot!
www.roadhousewinery.com

Return to “Cellar Rats (ITB)”