Name my Wine

Hello Everyone,
I’m from Ireland and looking for help in naming a sparkling wine that will only be supplied in UK & Ireland to the Hospitality sector. I hope you will be kind enough to come up with a few exceptional names.

Sales of Prosecco sparkling wine throughout the World have risen by an astounding amount in the last year. The success of Italy’s prospering export has been causing a stir between publicans and Prosecco DOC Consortium with them placing this Prosecco sparkling wine and serving it on tap.

The Italian Consortium wish to protect the name whilst selling it only in a bottle. Prosecco is registered as a “Protected Designation of Origin (PDO), a status it was granted in 2009. This means the name “Prosecco” cannot be used as a Brand on our sparkling wine on tap, even though the wine we would be supplying on tap is exactly the same as the Prosecco in a bottle.

The practise of serving “genuine” Prosecco on tap arguably does not mislead the consumer in respect of the origin of the product, nor does it involve serving an imitation wine that exploits the reputation of the protected Prosecco name.

So I’m looking for a name or Brand for our sparkling “Prosecco” wine(which we are unable to use). It could come from Italian origin. Frizzenti is a Brand already in use.
Many thanks in advance.
Norman

Spritzini
Spritzetti
Sprtizentti

Vini Spumanti, Italian for sparkling.
Osecco
Vinomanti
Bolle, Italian for bubbles.

“Po” secco - for those unfortunate and thirsty patrons without a lot to spend $$$!

Bubbletti

I have to say a massive thank you to everyone. Do like quite a number. Please continue and perhaps we could have a vote on the name.
Many thanks again.

Wow, very finicky laws.

How about combining Prosecco with the Italian word for tap (rubinetto), to make… Prosetto.

Other suggestions:
Prosekko
Seccoprossi
Bubbolle

If you ever sell a sparkling wine just for men, you should call it Brosecco. Just kidding. :slight_smile:
Good luck on your search!

McSecco

call it occesorP and provide a little mirror so buyers can see it in reverse.

Sparkletto
Flosecco (‘flo’ serving as a reference to being on tap)
Gleratini (a nod to the grape)

One option is to call it: ‘bolle secco’ which is Italian for dry bubbles. Secco clearly ties it to prosecco, it has a relevant meaning to what you’re serving…and (caveat: I don’t know this area, but will say it anyways) they shouldn’t be able to block you from using ‘secco’ as it’s the Italian word for dry (but like I said, what do I know here).

Shamrocko ?

First of all you should refrain to use the word Prosecco even in posts like these. Prosecco is a wine made from glera in certain places of Italy. It is an unethical strategy selling something saying that is like the other more famous thing…

You shoud use “FAKE WINE”, maybe it is the best name.

Get over yourself. Sparkling wine is made everywhere. Just because it’s not Prosecco doesn’t mean it’s fake.

Norman, what grapes are you using, and from where are they sourced?

ProSicko

Pro Seck Oh!

Pro Secc On Tap

It has to be one of these…

What do I win? [snort.gif]

Mr. Morris,
I have heard that you make some fantastic sparkling wines in SoHum. I have a good friend who lives by Crooked Prairie and I was visiting him this summer we drove by your place and he reminded me that almost twenty years ago when I first moved to California I spent a weekend picking grapes for you. My first “job” in the business. Do you think we will be seeing your sparkling on tap in Ireland and UK? I am not sure the OP’s needs and your production are a match but hey crazier things have happened.

Pubbles

O’Prosecc

Hi Justin,

Thanks for letting me know about your connection to Briceland. You would have met Maggie & Joe, my mother and stepfather.

I can’t see our production getting much above what I already sell in Humboldt County, but you never know.

Sorry for the drift…

What type of business is yours?

SeccoSpina

I expect to be paid handsomely for this creation.