Sonoma State University Online Wine Business Certificate

Hi all,

Long time lurker, never poster. I’ve been considering a career change into the wine business. And as much as I would love to jump into a harvest internship, it is just not financially possible at this time. I came across Sonoma State’s online wine business certificate, and was wondering if anyone in the business had opinions about it. I am trying to get a door into the business and just get an idea of what it’s like to be in the business.

Thanks in advance.

I graduated from the wine business program there. I know several who have gone thru the wine business certificate, including employees I had when managing other wineries. It will help you get your foot in the door on the business side but with no experience that usually starts in a tasting room but you should be able to move up the ladder faster with this certificate, club/tasting room manager, social media, compliance, etc.

You mention harvest internship not being possible. That is the production side of the business and often seasonal work until you get some experience. I think its much easier to find fill time work on the business side with no expierence.

Good luck.