Cincinnati

Detailed information, by region, of restaurants and their wine/corkage policies
Brandon T.

Cincinnati

#1 Post by Brandon T. » January 24th, 2013, 7:05 am

So who allows corkage in Cincy? Most places I call seem like they have never even been asked the question. I have only found one: Nicolas. Great Italian in over-the-Rhine. Any others?
B r a n d o n
T u l e y

Dusty Gillson

Re: Cincinnati

#2 Post by Dusty Gillson » January 25th, 2013, 9:53 am

It was my understanding that corkage in Ohio was illegal under the current law (due to the liability of folks bringing in an unknown substance from outside. . ooohhhhh scary). However, I have seen some places that do allow it in the Dayton area and it seems to be more prevalent all the time. The Vietnamese place in Findlay market used to allow it until they got their liquor license. It definitely seems to be under the table at most places though with few advertising it. Golden Lamb in lebanon allows it, Palermo's, Jimmy's Italian Kitchen, Rue Dumaine and Olive in Dayton all allow it. That I know of Olive does not have their own liquor license. Here is an article on WS about it: http://www.winespectator.com/blogs/show/id/46668

I hope I don't get all those fine establishments in trouble. blush
Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever. - Aristophanes

Chris Presutti
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by Chris Presutti » January 25th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Dusty Gillson wrote:I hope I don't get all those fine establishments in trouble. blush
I believe it is allowed if they have no license to sell it unless local jurisdictions further prohibit it. But most of those still choose not to allow it or, at least, do not advertize it.

Brandon T.

#4 Post by Brandon T. » January 30th, 2013, 4:37 pm

Hmmm. I know it's illegal in Indiana & Kentucky but I have not heard that its illegal in Ohio.
B r a n d o n
T u l e y

RandyH

Cincinnati

#5 Post by RandyH » March 28th, 2015, 7:19 am

It may be illegal in Ohio, but the good restaurants allow it. Hit or miss. Just keep looking.
Randy Hart
Cleveland, OH

Return to “BYO Forum - Wine at Restaurants”