Vegas BYO Assistance

Detailed information, by region, of restaurants and their wine/corkage policies
adam landa
GCC Member
GCC Member

Vegas BYO Assistance

#1 Post by adam landa » October 3rd, 2010, 12:20 pm

Have an upcoming trip and thinking about bringing a couple of bottles along for the ride. Looking for recommendations for BYO. We are staying on the Strip.

TIA

Bob Foster

Re: Vegas BYO Assistance

#2 Post by Bob Foster » October 3rd, 2010, 12:27 pm

We've taken bottles almost everywhere. Suggest Rosemary's, Vintner's Grill and Sage

Avoid Mario Batalli's (sp?) places as they do not allow you to BYO (which is why I will never go back)
Run 1 wine comp-judge 12 others

Victor Hong

#3 Post by Victor Hong » October 4th, 2010, 10:31 am

So many higher-end restaurants in Las Vegas are DESPERATE for business, and will negotiate on corkage.
WineHunter.

Bill Tex Landreth

#4 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » October 4th, 2010, 12:32 pm

Victor Hong wrote:So many higher-end restaurants in Las Vegas are DESPERATE for business, and will negotiate on corkage.
+1.

Also, some places (if not most) will updgrade a regular room to a suite just by asking. I have been getting lots of emails recently from the big resorts almost begging for business...comped nights, dinner credit, half price wine nights, etc.
It's not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would be doing it if it were easy.

adam landa
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by adam landa » October 4th, 2010, 12:58 pm

I was looking for a place where my brother and I could take our dad for a nice piece of red meat. I don't want to have to go through the trouble of trying to negotiate corkage; as such, I made a reservation at Smith & Wollensky. Their policy is simple. No corkage as long as it is not on the list. Very fair.

Ty Webb

#6 Post by Ty Webb » March 22nd, 2011, 3:45 pm

Bob Foster wrote:We've taken bottles almost everywhere. Suggest Rosemary's, Vintner's Grill and Sage

Avoid Mario Batalli's (sp?) places as they do not allow you to BYO (which is why I will never go back)

On Sundays, Rosemary's wines are 50% off so that's an attraction.

Return to “BYO Forum - Wine at Restaurants”