Ocean City, MD recommendations?

Looking for preferably seafood restaurant. Something cozy and to celebrate a birthday. Will bring 1 bottle of wine.
Any recommendations?

Been going to OCMD my whole life and have never heard of byob down there, though we rarely go out, opting for take out.

In terms of restaurants, the OC outpost of Baltimore’s Shotti’s Point is solid (cozy being an overstatement). No fuss good seafood I would recommend On the Bay at 42nd Street. Our top spot is always Belly Busters, but again on the casual side of casual.

For slightly more upscale, I’ve never been but have heard people who live down there year round mention The Hobbit.

1 Like

I’ve only been down there once, but I can second the recommendation of The Hobbit. We really enjoyed our dinner there, it was a bit more upscale than most of the other options but not stuffy.
We also were pleasantly surprised by the food at Hooked, which was a much more casual spot.

Neither were BYO, though if you call ahead, I could see The Hobbit possibly having a corkage policy.

1 Like

You should get in touch with Berserker Mark Jahnke, he’s the unoffical mayor of Ocean City and he knows all the ins and outs.

1 Like

Was down there two summers ago. Had a meal at The Hobbit and it does live up. The atmosphere and views are quite great as well.
There was an Italian place that had some good food and a bit of a circus atmosphere. Will dig for the name. Edit - Ristorante Antipasti. Real red sauce place. You wouldn’t be too surprised if Tony Soprano was at the next table.

There are a lot of bad crab shacks too.

1 Like

Drive to Betheny or Rehoboth for a decent meal. OC also becoming increasingly unsafe.

1 Like

The Hobbit is $35 per 750 ml bottle for cork fee

1 Like

You have a point. No corkage in DE, something I would like to change.

Good to know!

Heading to Rehoboth for two weeks at the beginning of August. Love it there. Any new restaurants that are worth trying? Heirloom in Lewes looks good?

It has been a while since we went to Heirloom but I believe it’s still a good choice. In RB, plenty of choices-seafood-Blue Coast, Fins (two locations), Henlopen Oyster House and Matts Fish Camp. Italian-DiFebos and Lupo Italian Kitchen. Other good choices are Shorebreak Lodge, Square One, Eden and Indiego (Indian). I don’t think there is great pizza here but Crust and Craft probably best choice.

1 Like

We have a place in OC and I’m here now. It is safe. Some great restaurants. And I’m sure most would have corkage if asked. Liquid Assets has an extensive wine list with trophy wines. Food is OK. My favorite restaurant is Cafe Mirage for food. Others I like are Grove Market, Hooked, Harborside (softshells!), Fagers Island, Hobbit, Catch 54, The Shark, Sunset Grill, Shottis Point, Captains Table, Our Harvest, Longboard Cafe, Marlin Moon, and Nantucket’s. In Bethany try Blue Coast and Matt’s Fish Camp. Some wonderful restaurants now in OC. I’m actually going to Rehobeth tonight to Shorebreak Lodge for Dinner. First time there, so we will see.

1 Like