Long Island

Detailed information, by region, of restaurants and their wine/corkage policies
Message
Author
Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#51 Post by Bdklein » July 14th, 2016, 7:48 pm

Diane Kessler wrote:
Bdklein wrote:Trento in Farmingdale $25 corkage policy. Going Saturday. Would like to check out the wine list first to see if BYOB makes sense. I'm thinking it will.
Any follow up? I might be going next weekend.
In terms of wine list, no. I don't recall anyone ordering any wine nor even opening the wine list. In terms of food, it was mostly hits with a miss or 2. Can't remember what were the misses but the trofolinni was a huge hit. We ordered it as an appetizer to share-way too rich IMO for one person to eat. To me, and someone else I know who goes there a few times a year, the trofolinni is a must order. Enjoy!!
Bruce Klein

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1380
Joined: November 11th, 2009, 11:46 am

Long Island

#52 Post by Diane Kessler » July 15th, 2016, 3:13 am

Did you byo? If so, how is attitude?

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#53 Post by Bdklein » July 15th, 2016, 7:50 am

Diane Kessler wrote:Did you byo? If so, how is attitude?
Yes we did BYOB. I do not recall any issues or the staff not being receptive. Then again, I'm not a wine snob nor fussy when it comes to wine glasses (as long as they are clean), etc.
Bruce Klein

ArtF
Posts: 125
Joined: November 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Long Island

#54 Post by ArtF » July 15th, 2016, 7:57 am

Bdklein wrote:
Diane Kessler wrote:Did you byo? If so, how is attitude?
Yes we did BYOB. I do not recall any issues or the staff not being receptive. Then again, I'm not a wine snob nor fussy when it comes to wine glasses (as long as they are clean), etc.
Good to know. Going to Orto in Miller Place, any rec's if anyone has been?
Art Forman

ArtF
Posts: 125
Joined: November 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Long Island

#55 Post by ArtF » July 17th, 2016, 12:38 pm

Orto in Miller Place. Same owners as Trattoria A Bistro in St. JAmes, and similar menu to The Trattoria. Rustic atmosphere with a small dining area off the entrance and a main dining room with lots of glass and exposed wood beams. Full bar with about 10 seats and a communal table, but free to BYO with nice stems provided with a smile. On a country road with an ice cream shack a few hundred feet away. Reminded me of a small town on Cape Cod.
Art Forman

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1380
Joined: November 11th, 2009, 11:46 am

Long Island

#56 Post by Diane Kessler » July 17th, 2016, 12:45 pm

I went to the newly relocated Lake House in Bayshore - $25 corkage with a 3 bottle per table max. Excellent all around.

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#57 Post by Bdklein » July 17th, 2016, 1:01 pm

ArtF wrote:Orto in Miller Place. Same owners as Trattoria A Bistro in St. JAmes, and similar menu to The Trattoria. Rustic atmosphere with a small dining area off the entrance and a main dining room with lots of glass and exposed wood beams. Full bar with about 10 seats and a communal table, but free to BYO with nice stems provided with a smile. On a country road with an ice cream shack a few hundred feet away. Reminded me of a small town on Cape Cod.
Thanks for the info and glad you enjoyed.
Bruce Klein

ArtF
Posts: 125
Joined: November 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Long Island

#58 Post by ArtF » July 18th, 2016, 5:14 am

Diane Kessler wrote:I went to the newly relocated Lake House in Bayshore - $25 corkage with a 3 bottle per table max. Excellent all around.
Now my first choice for upcoming birthday dinner, thanks.
Art Forman

ArtF
Posts: 125
Joined: November 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Long Island

#59 Post by ArtF » July 30th, 2016, 12:11 pm

Grasso's charges $25 six nights, $5 on Sunday. Good stems and attentive service. There's live jazz most nights and an outside patio on colonial Main Street in Cold Spring Harbor. Kitchen stays open late, except Sunday. Very nice northern Italian.
Art Forman

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#60 Post by Bdklein » July 30th, 2016, 7:33 pm

ArtF wrote:Grasso's charges $25 six nights, $5 on Sunday. Good stems and attentive service. There's live jazz most nights and an outside patio on colonial Main Street in Cold Spring Harbor. Kitchen stays open late, except Sunday. Very nice northern Italian.
Have eaten there-very enjoyable . Thx for the BYOB info
Bruce Klein

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#61 Post by Bdklein » July 31st, 2016, 7:07 pm

Went to Osteria da Nino in downtown Huntington. $20 corkage. Brought a 2014 Rivers Marie Sonoma Coast Pinot. Wine good and good value IMO . Wine list not too pricey but no bargains from what I saw. Food and service good. Food not cheap but not overly expensive. Would go back for sure.
Bruce Klein

ArtF
Posts: 125
Joined: November 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Long Island

#62 Post by ArtF » August 9th, 2016, 5:40 am

LI choices from this board listed in one place here:

https://www.debottled.com/corkage/16/

Click on location tab on top for Suffolk and Manhattan.
Art Forman

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#63 Post by Bdklein » August 9th, 2016, 6:16 am

Thanks Art!!
Bruce Klein

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#64 Post by Bdklein » August 9th, 2016, 6:24 am

Diane Kessler wrote:Did you byo? If so, how is attitude?
Did you go to Trento? Pls share any info.
Bruce Klein

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#65 Post by Bdklein » August 12th, 2016, 6:59 am

Trento possible hepatitis exposure for anybody who dined in July or August.
Bruce Klein

mmarcellus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 719
Joined: January 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Long Island

#66 Post by mmarcellus » August 23rd, 2016, 1:06 pm

Guajiro, new Cuban restaurant in Port Washington, has $20 corkage. If you want good stems, bring your own.

Food decent, prices reasonable.
M @ r k

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#67 Post by Bdklein » August 23rd, 2016, 1:19 pm

mmarcellus wrote:Guajiro, new Cuban restaurant in Port Washington, has $20 corkage. If you want good stems, bring your own.

Food decent, prices reasonable.
Thanks. U still a fan of Village Wine Merchant in Sea Cliff?
Bruce Klein

mmarcellus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 719
Joined: January 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Long Island

#68 Post by mmarcellus » August 28th, 2016, 8:21 am

Bdklein wrote:
mmarcellus wrote:Guajiro, new Cuban restaurant in Port Washington, has $20 corkage. If you want good stems, bring your own.

Food decent, prices reasonable.
Thanks. U still a fan of Village Wine Merchant in Sea Cliff?
Sorry, didn't see this till now though I guess you saw my posting on the other thread anyway. But yes, absolutely.
M @ r k

mmarcellus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 719
Joined: January 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Long Island

#69 Post by mmarcellus » August 28th, 2016, 8:25 am

Ayhan's F.i.s.h. on Main in Port Washington has a very friendly $5 corkage fee.

As for the restaurant, the fish is fresh, the execution is uneven. If you get a grilled fish, specify that it shouldn't be too well done and ask them not to fillet it.

Stems are adequate, unless you're real fussy.
M @ r k

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#70 Post by Bdklein » September 14th, 2016, 3:56 pm

Barto in Roslyn corkage fee is $30. No idea on the wine prices in the restaurant. Might be going there this Saturday
Bruce Klein

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#71 Post by Bdklein » September 18th, 2016, 3:16 pm

Bdklein wrote:Barto in Roslyn corkage fee is $30. No idea on the wine prices in the restaurant. Might be going there this Saturday
Great place. Food, service, vibe all good. We all stuck mostly with apps and no dessert
Bruce Klein

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5359
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Long Island

#72 Post by Dan Hammer » October 14th, 2016, 7:29 pm

We're meeting friends from Baldwin at the halfway point for dinner. Destination is Port Washington/Roslyn/Miracle Mile area. Looking for a BYO (corkage ok) place. I've read the above discussion. I'm surprised that there aren't many suggestions in the area.

Looking for a Manhattan feel. Not interested in steaks, Chinese, or sushi. Fish and meat are ok. We eat regularly at MP Taverna in Irvington, so I'm not interested in eating at their Roslyn location; but you get the idea what I'm looking for.

One more thing. My cellar is top heavy in California cabs. [whistle.gif]

Thanks for the help.
This space for rent.

User avatar
scamhi
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3644
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Long Island

#73 Post by scamhi » October 14th, 2016, 9:37 pm

Bigelow's Fried Clams in business since the 30's. no corkage, no corkscrew and no stems. Fried whole belly clams and oysters good cole slaw great onion rings and Chablis is a match made in heaven. Bring wine, stems and a corkscrew, oh and bring cash no credit cards
S u z a n n e C a m h i
instagram: suz_cam

mmarcellus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 719
Joined: January 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Long Island

#74 Post by mmarcellus » October 15th, 2016, 3:48 am

Dan Hammer wrote:We're meeting friends from Baldwin at the halfway point for dinner. Destination is Port Washington/Roslyn/Miracle Mile area. Looking for a BYO (corkage ok) place. I've read the above discussion. I'm surprised that there aren't many suggestions in the area.

Looking for a Manhattan feel. Not interested in steaks, Chinese, or sushi. Fish and meat are ok. We eat regularly at MP Taverna in Irvington, so I'm not interested in eating at their Roslyn location; but you get the idea what I'm looking for.

One more thing. My cellar is top heavy in California cabs. [whistle.gif]

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, pickings are slim if you're sticking to the PW/Roslyn area - and quite honestly don't get much better until you reach Huntington.

Heirloom in Glen Head didn't suck, but I haven't been there in a while. As I recall, Corkage was $25 but as always it's a good idea to check.
Schout Bay Tavern in Manhasset has gotten good write ups, I don't know if they allow BYO.
Metro Cafe in Sea Cliff was also decent. I was there for a wine dinner, so once again don't know about BYO.

There's been a lot of turnover in the past few years, and we don't go out as much as we used to (and we never got out that much). There's probably some good ones out there, but after enough mediocre meals at restaurants with crappy wine lists, who either don't allow corkage or charge exorbitant amounts, one tends to give up.

Also, be warned. If you're going this weekend, it's restaurant week in PW starting Sunday 10/16 and restaurant week in Huntington ending Sunday 10/16.
M @ r k

mmarcellus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 719
Joined: January 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Long Island

#75 Post by mmarcellus » October 15th, 2016, 4:24 am

mmarcellus wrote:
Dan Hammer wrote:We're meeting friends from Baldwin at the halfway point for dinner. Destination is Port Washington/Roslyn/Miracle Mile area. Looking for a BYO (corkage ok) place. I've read the above discussion. I'm surprised that there aren't many suggestions in the area.

Looking for a Manhattan feel. Not interested in steaks, Chinese, or sushi. Fish and meat are ok. We eat regularly at MP Taverna in Irvington, so I'm not interested in eating at their Roslyn location; but you get the idea what I'm looking for.

One more thing. My cellar is top heavy in California cabs. [whistle.gif]

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, pickings are slim if you're sticking to the PW/Roslyn area - and quite honestly don't get much better until you reach Huntington.

Heirloom in Glen Head didn't suck, but I haven't been there in a while. As I recall, Corkage was $25 but as always it's a good idea to check.
Schout Bay Tavern in Manhasset has gotten good write ups, I don't know if they allow BYO.
Metro Cafe in Sea Cliff was also decent. I was there for a wine dinner, so once again don't know about BYO.

There's been a lot of turnover in the past few years, and we don't go out as much as we used to (and we never got out that much). There's probably some good ones out there, but after enough mediocre meals at restaurants with crappy wine lists, who either don't allow corkage or charge exorbitant amounts, one tends to give up.

Also, be warned. If you're going this weekend, it's restaurant week in PW starting Sunday 10/16 and restaurant week in Huntington ending Sunday 10/16.
One more, not sure how I forgot it. Wild Honey on Main in PW is good, corkage friendly (though haven't been there lately) but tiny. Reservations are essential.
M @ r k

ArtF
Posts: 125
Joined: November 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Long Island

#76 Post by ArtF » October 15th, 2016, 8:12 am

Mim's on Roslyn Rd is very popular. Corkage is $20, I think. My favorite shish place on LI is Ravagh Persian Grill on Mineola Blvd. in Roslyn Heights. Corkage $15 or $20. Both have parking lots and are right off LIE.
Art Forman

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#77 Post by Bdklein » October 16th, 2016, 2:36 am

Dan Hammer wrote:We're meeting friends from Baldwin at the halfway point for dinner. Destination is Port Washington/Roslyn/Miracle Mile area. Looking for a BYO (corkage ok) place. I've read the above discussion. I'm surprised that there aren't many suggestions in the area.

Looking for a Manhattan feel. Not interested in steaks, Chinese, or sushi. Fish and meat are ok. We eat regularly at MP Taverna in Irvington, so I'm not interested in eating at their Roslyn location; but you get the idea what I'm looking for.

One more thing. My cellar is top heavy in California cabs. [whistle.gif]

Thanks for the help.
Barto, and Limani too, fit the bill for BYO with the right vibe in that area Just not sure that the food choices and wines in your cellar are a good match, and in that area. But I am not a wine afficianado by any means.

There are a couple of high-end steakhouses in that area if up your alley.
Bruce Klein

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#78 Post by Bdklein » October 17th, 2016, 6:40 am

Brass Rail in Locust Valley has $25 corkage . Food really really good.
Bruce Klein

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1380
Joined: November 11th, 2009, 11:46 am

Long Island

#79 Post by Diane Kessler » October 20th, 2016, 3:27 pm

We meet friends at Da Meo on Roslyn Rd. Just off the LIE. Typical LI Italian- $20-25 corkage.
Last edited by Diane Kessler on December 30th, 2016, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1380
Joined: November 11th, 2009, 11:46 am

Long Island

#80 Post by Diane Kessler » October 20th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Bdklein wrote:
Diane Kessler wrote:Did you byo? If so, how is attitude?
Did you go to Trento? Pls share any info.
Sorry, we never went.

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#81 Post by Bdklein » October 20th, 2016, 3:57 pm

Diane Kessler wrote:
Bdklein wrote:
Diane Kessler wrote:Did you byo? If so, how is attitude?
Did you go to Trento? Pls share any info.
Sorry, we never went.
No biggie no need to apologize.
Bruce Klein

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#82 Post by Bdklein » October 20th, 2016, 3:58 pm

Dan Hammer wrote:We're meeting friends from Baldwin at the halfway point for dinner. Destination is Port Washington/Roslyn/Miracle Mile area. Looking for a BYO (corkage ok) place. I've read the above discussion. I'm surprised that there aren't many suggestions in the area.

Looking for a Manhattan feel. Not interested in steaks, Chinese, or sushi. Fish and meat are ok. We eat regularly at MP Taverna in Irvington, so I'm not interested in eating at their Roslyn location; but you get the idea what I'm looking for.

One more thing. My cellar is top heavy in California cabs. [whistle.gif]

Thanks for the help.
Did u go? If so, where?
Bruce Klein

ArtF
Posts: 125
Joined: November 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Long Island

#83 Post by ArtF » October 23rd, 2016, 1:57 pm

Palm court at the Carlton in Eisenhower Park. Live music Saturday night. One couple got engaged to a round of applause and most table were sung happy birthday or anniversary. Rib steak was catering hall quality. But on the plus side, it is nice for special occasions, good for couples as well as groups with excellent service and wine steward. Large wine cellar. Corkage is $25, decanter offered and good stems.
Art Forman

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5359
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Long Island

#84 Post by Dan Hammer » October 31st, 2016, 1:45 pm

ArtF wrote:Mim's on Roslyn Rd is very popular. Corkage is $20, I think.
We went to Mim's. Corkage was $20. Reasonably priced, and good food. Not fancy by any stretch of the imagination, but we weren't looking for fancy. Thanks for the assist. [cheers.gif] I brought a '13 Sojourn Cab Prop Cuvee. With tax and tip, the all-in cost for 2 was $120.
This space for rent.

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#85 Post by Bdklein » November 21st, 2016, 7:57 am

Eric's Italian Bistro.
Corkage $25.
Typical good LI Italian food .
Would go back but not running back.
Bruce Klein

mmarcellus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 719
Joined: January 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Long Island

#86 Post by mmarcellus » December 4th, 2016, 4:20 am

Chef Wang New Sichuan Cuisine in New Hyde Park does corkage for $5. Very good Sichuan food. While I asked about corkage for wine, beer would presumably also work, and might be a better choice with many of their dishes.

They do have a full bar, but very limited and generic selections. For example beer choices are Tsiang-to, Sapporo, Heineken and Amstel.
M @ r k

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#87 Post by Bdklein » December 4th, 2016, 4:38 am

mmarcellus wrote:Chef Wang New Sichuan Cuisine in New Hyde Park does corkage for $5. Very good Sichuan food. While I asked about corkage for wine, beer would presumably also work, and might be a better choice with many of their dishes.

They do have a full bar, but very limited and generic selections. For example beer choices are Tsiang-to, Sapporo, Heineken and Amstel.
Thx- food there is really good and interesting menu (especially for Long Island)
Bruce Klein

G Kramer
Posts: 122
Joined: November 3rd, 2009, 10:39 am

Long Island

#88 Post by G Kramer » December 17th, 2016, 7:08 pm

Vespa Italian Kitchen in Farmingdale. $15 corkage. Decent to good food with Sicilian slant. Decent stems. Poor accoustics, might be better on a night when the whole town isn't awash in SantaCon. When did Farmingdale become such a scene?
Greg
ITB
VDLT Wine Community

G Kramer
Posts: 122
Joined: November 3rd, 2009, 10:39 am

Long Island

#89 Post by G Kramer » December 30th, 2016, 12:11 pm

mmarcellus wrote:Chef Wang New Sichuan Cuisine in New Hyde Park does corkage for $5. Very good Sichuan food. While I asked about corkage for wine, beer would presumably also work, and might be a better choice with many of their dishes.

They do have a full bar, but very limited and generic selections. For example beer choices are Tsiang-to, Sapporo, Heineken and Amstel.
First time visit last night. Limited dishes tried but agree with your assessment. Ma Po tofu really good. Inquired about bringing beverages. Communication challenging but seemed to say $10 corkage. Seemed averse to beer but I got the sense they might allow if not the commercial plonk they offer.
Greg
ITB
VDLT Wine Community

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#90 Post by Bdklein » January 14th, 2017, 12:40 pm

Main Event in Farmingdale (and have a Plainview locatiom too). $20 corkage in Farmingdale (not sure Plainview).

Going tonight-food nothing special but since it's a sports place I do like to go one NFL weekend per year-usually this Division Weekend on Saturday night. Not sure if bringing wine though .
Bruce Klein

ArtF
Posts: 125
Joined: November 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Long Island

#91 Post by ArtF » January 14th, 2017, 2:14 pm

Returned to Grasso's. Live jazz trio most nights, no cover, $25 corkage. Had a branzino, filleted table side like a dover sole, flaming bananas foster and a perfect expresso. When we left, the snow was flurrying down on Main Street in Cold Spring Harbor.
Art Forman

ArtF
Posts: 125
Joined: November 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Long Island

#92 Post by ArtF » January 14th, 2017, 2:19 pm

Bdklein wrote:Main Event in Farmingdale (and have a Plainview locatiom too). $20 corkage in Farmingdale (not sure Plainview).

Going tonight-food nothing special but since it's a sports place I do like to go one NFL weekend per year-usually this Division Weekend on Saturday night. Not sure if bringing wine though .
Farmingdale is larger and more lively. Good food and lots of beers on tap, but no reason not to byo. I would go to Farmingdale if watching the game is your objective, and Plainview if your companions are more important than the game.
Art Forman

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#93 Post by Bdklein » January 14th, 2017, 2:39 pm

ArtF wrote:
Bdklein wrote:Main Event in Farmingdale (and have a Plainview locatiom too). $20 corkage in Farmingdale (not sure Plainview).

Going tonight-food nothing special but since it's a sports place I do like to go one NFL weekend per year-usually this Division Weekend on Saturday night. Not sure if bringing wine though .
Farmingdale is larger and more lively. Good food and lots of beers on tap, but no reason not to byo. I would go to Farmingdale if watching the game is your objective, and Plainview if your companions are more important than the game.
Thanks. IMO Plainview too family friendly. When going out without kids don't want too many around. And going for football more than talking to wife and friends!!!! Just don't tell her and them that. Lol. Going to thier house tomorrow afternoon to hang anyway. And not bringing wine after all-beer night for 3 out of 4 and whatever for the 4th.
Bruce Klein

ArtF
Posts: 125
Joined: November 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Long Island

#94 Post by ArtF » January 15th, 2017, 9:23 am

Volpe, the restaurant at The Fox Hollow Hotel, corkage is $25. Decanter and nice stems. Well prepared continental/Italian. Quiet enough to hear everyone at your table, even on a crowded Saturday.
Art Forman

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1380
Joined: November 11th, 2009, 11:46 am

Long Island

#95 Post by Diane Kessler » January 15th, 2017, 10:40 am

Art - is that the old Stresa East location?

ArtF
Posts: 125
Joined: November 12th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Long Island

#96 Post by ArtF » January 16th, 2017, 7:02 am

Volpe at The Fox Hollow Inn is just east of Rte. 135 on Jericho Turnpike. Just past Crest Hollow C.C. It is a wedding location, so I was surprised at the quality of the food and service. No surprises on menu and not cheap. But nice to have piano music and able to hold a conversation without shouting.
Art Forman

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1380
Joined: November 11th, 2009, 11:46 am

Long Island

#97 Post by Diane Kessler » January 23rd, 2017, 4:47 pm

Chachama Grill in East Patchogue - the place was packed last night for Restaurant Week but we ordered off the regular menu and food and service were spot on. $20 corkage for good stemware and excellent handling of the wines we brought.

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#98 Post by Bdklein » April 21st, 2017, 3:36 pm

Piccolo in Huntington has $25 corkage (at least on Saturday night ). Planning on going Saturday night.
Bruce Klein

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#99 Post by Bdklein » April 22nd, 2017, 8:28 pm

Bdklein wrote:Piccolo in Huntington has $25 corkage (at least on Saturday night ). Planning on going Saturday night.
Great food, tough layout in terms of bar area and people waiting . Charged $25 for the magnum I bought.
Bruce Klein

Bdklein
Posts: 4239
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Long Island

#100 Post by Bdklein » April 22nd, 2017, 8:28 pm

Bdklein wrote:Piccolo in Huntington has $25 corkage (at least on Saturday night ). Planning on going Saturday night.
Bruce Klein

Post Reply

Return to “BYO Forum - Wine at Restaurants”