Long Island

Any experience (good/bad) with BYOB on LI?

Where on Long Island?

Nassau and very Western Suffolk (Melville/Huntington). I have been to places that don’t allow it, or have the “normal” $20-$35 corkage charge.
I am looking for any places with free or near-free BYOB policies.
Thanks for posting.

Not many choices on L.I. without paying a corkage fee. I’ve enjoyed Miraj Healthy Grill in Williston Park, Frankly Thai in Franklin Square, Houston’s in Roosevelt Field, and Artie’s Fish Market in Island Park. All are free to BYOB. Haven’t been, but want to try Fargiano’s Pizza and Pasta in Islip.

Thanks for the info.

Also, Nautilus Cafe in Freeport allows BYO with $15 charge. They have a short wine list, but are very gracious when I bring a bottle.

Rothmann’s Steakhouse in East Norwich has a $30 corkage fee. And some really high wines (CA and FR-and maybe other locales) on their list.

Nice place to have a meal. +1

Monaco’s Coal Oven Pizza. Formerly Massa’s. No charge byo. Sideways facing parking lot on Jericho Tpk. just west of Rte. 110. If you are in the area, small family owned pizza place with two booths and a few tables. Salads, baked pasta and parmigiana dishes. But the crisp, slightly burnt crust on their pizza and monogramed plates do it for me. Great with Belgium beer.

Nautilus Cafe in Freeport is having their annual Super Bowl Sunday promotion-BOGOF entree for all reservations after 6:30pm. BYO is no charge.

Nautilus Cafe was $15, but very accommodating.

Last night went to Thai taste in Massapequa Park. $10 corkage. Modern decor with a fresh rose on every table. Lots of food friendly (not spicy) choices. Very reasonably priced. We ended with fried bananas for $4. Melted banana inside 5 hand made wraps drizzled with honey syrup and toasted nuts. PS–not usually crowded on Valentine’s Day.

$15.00 corkage at Piccola Bussola (or however you spell it) in Syosset.

Looks like there are several Piccola Bussola’s in the same area. In Syosset on Jackson Ave is a family style restaurant called, Steve’s Piccola Bussola. Is that it?

That’s the one

Small spot that used to be a Starbucks across from Walt Whitman Mall is now Masalah Grill, 195 Walt Whitman Rd. Chicken tandoori, a few Indian apps, etc. Not much more than a nice counter and about six small tables. But they make Indian breads in the tandoori oven. Cheap and large portions, but served in styro take out trays. Bring glasses.

Andrea’s 25 in Woodbury Common charges 25 per bottle«

Walls Wharf in Bayville-corkage not allowed

Porto Vivo Restaurant in Huntington. $25 Corkage. Good food but host last Saturday night was an a-hole.

Open Table lists Tuesday as free on the Open Table BYO NYC web site. But I have the impression it would not be appreciated. Seems ostentatious not in a good way. For a nicely ostentatious restaurant, I did bring a bottle to the Carlton in Eisenhower Park for $25, and was warmly accommodated.