Vogue Bonnes Mares terroir question...

I was at an award winning wine restaurant recently and the Burgundy section of the wine list had the listings below. I asked the wine steward (?) (not the sommelier) if Vogue’s Bonnes Mares vines were entirely in MSD to which he responded - absloutely, the sommelier knows his wines and this is correct… Is he correct? I know about the small sliver of Bonnes Mares in MSD, but I thought Roumier or Jadot owned those, the red soil or terres rouge. I didn’t think it was Vogue until his utter conviction made me 2nd guess myself.

Morey St Denis & Grands Crus Vineyards

Bonnes-Mares Grand Cru Domaine Comte George de Vogue 2006

Morey St Denis & Chambolle Musigny Grands Crus Vineyards

Bonnes-Mares Grand Cru Lucien Le Moine 1999

Chambolle Musigny & Chambolle Musigny 1er Cru

Chambolle Musigny Dujac Fils & Pçre 2008
Chambolle Musigny Domaine Arlaud 2007
Chambolle Musigny 1er Cru Les Charmes Christian Clerget 2005
Chambolle- Musigny 1er Cru La Combe d’Orveaux Bruno Clavelier 2006

Not only are de Vogüé’s Bonnes-Mares vines in Chambolle, they are at the southern limit of the vineyard (the MSD portion is the northern limit) which gives a lighter wine than most BM.

Jadot has lost its interest (a 20-year lease when Jadot acquired part of the Clair-Daü estate) in the MSD portion, and the MSD portion of BM now is all Bernard Clair and Fougeray de Beauclair (or whomever else they sell it to).

The distinction between red and white soils is not a result of location in MSD or CM.

Sorry for all the abbreviations – I’m lazy tonight. [cheers.gif]