Board symbols

As a board newbee, I was wondering about the different symbols used to I.D. the different topics/threads. The ‘books’ with different identifiers like one with a flame, some with what looks like ‘sound waves’, a red book with a black corner, a black book, a red book with a glass of wine, etc. Just what do these mean?

I did figure out that a book with “CT” is a CellarTracker post.

Thanks to everyone in advance for the help!

BTW, if this thread is a dupe, I apologize. I searched for instructions, but could not find any.

Was wondering that myself a few days ago. Lets give her a bump!

Hmmm, good questions. I don’t know the answers. I think they are what you want them do be.

I take the flame one to be “I am going to start a thread that lays into someone”, or "I am pissed about something. "

I think one looks like the nuclear symbol (maybe??) which of course would mean that flames weren’t hot enough!

I think the heart is in honor of Terrell Owens…“I love me some ME!”

The one I have no clue about is the one I just used.

See thread re “Common abbreviations on the board”.

The icons in the left column are as follows:
Red book-thread with unread posts
Black book-thread with no unread posts (i.e., no posts since you last clicked it)
Book with sound waves-thread with 19 or more replies (i.e., 20+ posts)
Book with person icon-thread you’ve commented on
Book with a circle/keyhole at upper left-“sticky”/pinned thread (moderator) kept at top of thread list
Book with a lock at lower right-thread locked by moderators to prevent further posts
Book with CT-Tasting note linked/cross-posted to Cellar Tracker (automatically done if posted from within Cellar Tracker)
Book with Wineglass-Tasting note posted on Berserkers
Book with other icons-as chosen by poster from list of options at top when you post a new topic

I’m not sure I’ve seen a red book with a black corner.

But, if you’re talking about the small icon next to the title of the thread, that’s a link to the first new/unread post.

Hope I got this right.

I don’t see it in Wine 101, but in Wine Talk I see a symbol that looks like a paper clip next to the words “by Joe Doe.” What is that symbol stand for? Some posters have it, while others do not.
Thanks,
Phil Jones

I believe that paper clip means there are attached photos.