Great Spätburgunder

Can anyone recommend one?

I am not a lover of Spatburgunder, but a German customer of mine (who drank quite a bit of it back home) requested one. I finally found a highly rated one for him from one of my distributors. The name is Knipser and the designation is “Blauer”. He inspected all the arcane language on the bottle and commented that it had a very good pedigree. Even better, after trying a bottle he came back and bought a case. Hope this helps.

Knipser makes very fine Spätburgunder. The regular ‘Blauer Spätburgunder’ is great. I just had the '09 for Thanksgiving -kind of a blend between Burgundy and Oregon in style.

There are many, many fine examples out there. Type Spätburgunder into the search engine here for TNs.

Not much time to elaborate now, but I like Becker, Knipser, Kühn, Seeger, Salwey, Meßmer, Minges, Siegrist, Bergdolt, Bercher, Heger, Bernhart, Jülg, Meyer-Näkel, Stodden, Kesseler, König, Keller, Fürst, Adenauer, Nelles, Deutzerhof, Christmann, Wehrheim, Rebholz, Weingart and Müller-Catoir to name a few. Most of these guys make multiple bottlings and I’ll bet that a couple of dozen are available in the states.

Cheers,
Bill

No Huber, who for me is probably the best of the best? [shock.gif]

OK. AND Huber. Sorry if I forgot a few! Btw, we both had about 6 mos. to respond to that post. [cheers.gif] I’m sure that Jon is now into Frühburgunder (Try Meyer-Näkel, Jon!)

Cheers,
Bill

I get my Spätburgunder from Burgundy :wink:

We shall see what global warming has to say about that! [stirthepothal.gif]

Cheers,
Bill

I’d be more worried if I got my Spätburgunder from CA [berserker.gif]