Wine and Heat (Shipping)

I received some wine that I ordered and the bottles are showing seepage from the heat from the trip. Any way these bottles are salvageable? How can you tell without opening?

I’m curious as to why you would have wines shipped during the worst time of the year as suppliers typically only ship during this period with warning at the specific request of the customer.

As for the bottles in question, I would consume immediately. If the bottles were shipped to you against you request, I would ask for replacements from the supplier.

Bal - if the wines are actually seeping, they certainly have been damaged. If you can’t return them, then I would suggest drinking them quickly, as the effects of the heat damage will only get worse with time in the bottle.

You obviously haven’t been reading the board closely enough to find out that we have put that old myth to rest. [thankyou.gif] [whistle.gif] [berserker.gif] [pwn.gif]

First post, so I definitely haven’t been reading the board very long, but do you have a source or reference to this? newhere

Remove the foils, check for streaks in the corks, and feel if the corks are soft in anyway or if you can push them down easily.

Sometimes during bottling, some wine will be left in the upper cap, and it’s not from the wine in the bottle.

You don’t need the foils, so I’d remove them and take a close look.

Other than that, call some friends over and crack’em!