Help!

I’m fairly new in the wine game and I bought 3 bottles Ch. Lafon La Tuilerie (St. Emilion), on the Wines Til Sold Out website yesterday. It was advertised as a Grand Cru Classe. After some research I noticed it was just a Grand Cru. I think it was false advertisement, or am I just crazy? Thanks for any help on this, wine friends!

Don’t sweat the St. Emilion classification system which in my opinion is basically meaningless. I am sure you bought some nice juice, mostly Merlot.

Thanks, just was worried I may have been duped!

What vintage? Frankly that will have more to do with overall style, success and failure.

It was false advertising. Grand Cru Classe is a true classification of top estates in St. Emilion, while Grand Cru is pretty much meaningless there. Now, whether it was intentional or not is another story. Moreover, whether it really says anything about the quality of the wine in the bottle is another story still.

You might try one. If you like it, keep them. If not, see if you can return the other 2.

It was a 2006 vintage! I just knew it was false advertising. I’ll give a bottle a chance and see if I like the juice.

The Chairman of WTSO comped my order today since it was my very first one. That’s great customer service. I’ll surely be ordering more wine from them in the future. That’s classy!