Page 3 of 3

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: March 9th, 2020, 7:27 pm
by J@redC
Jay Miller wrote:
April 20th, 2015, 1:11 pm
The company with the best reputation for customer service is Le Cache.
The company with the worst reputation for customer service is Vinotemp.

I've had a no frills Avanti for the last 18 years that just keeps chugging along. No idea if they are still of the same quality.
Second Le Cache customer service. Phenomenal.

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: March 10th, 2020, 6:10 pm
by A.Khanna
Lonnie F. wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 6:14 pm
A.Khanna wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 7:15 pm
Anyone have experience with this WE fridge available at Costco on sale at the moment?
https://www.costco.com/wine-enthusiast- ... 78590.html

I have been searching for a 300+ bottle fridge at a decent price point and would love to get a few suggestions.
Thanks for looking around. I just ordered this one. 300 bottles for less than $7 per bottle plus electricity. I just got tired of the Craigslist grind and I like the idea of white glove delivery.
You are welcome. Let me know so that I can get one for myself

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: March 12th, 2020, 8:59 am
by Barry T
I think I pretty much figured out the answer to my question (some time ago). At this point I don't plan on keeping any wine any longer than 4-5 years so my GE Monogram Wine Cooler should be just fine, I think. I've lost some storage space due to adjusting the shelving. It's maintaining a constant 55f. Right now I don't think I really need to invest in a EuroCave.

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: March 15th, 2020, 8:18 am
by tpetty
I just ordered an Allavino wine frig. I was very limited in the dimensions that would fit in my bar. We designed a gap in the bar cabinets/counter for a beer kegerator when we built the house. Now replacing that with some wine storage. Went with this, Allavino's newest model and supposedly more quiet and more consistent temps. Only holds 100 bottles, but given my space I was very limited - not only with width but with depth (and still able to get the door open, because it's in a weird angled area.)
https://www.beveragefactory.com/refrige ... ellar.html
Just a $1000. Yep, I'm a high roller.

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: April 13th, 2020, 6:39 pm
by Vince L.
Artevino 3 at Costco is on sale. $200 off till mid May.
Wish I had a place to put it.

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: April 14th, 2020, 5:20 am
by Troy Stark
We love our Artevino 3s. Maintains temp and humidity perfectly. Compressors are pretty quiet - I have them both in my office and am on the phone all day and the noise never bothers me.

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: April 15th, 2020, 3:06 pm
by Vince L.
Troy Stark wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 5:20 am
We love our Artevino 3s. Maintains temp and humidity perfectly. Compressors are pretty quiet - I have them both in my office and am on the phone all day and the noise never bothers me.
Glad to know; Did you purchase more shelves? I don't like how Costco displays them stacked up 2x-3x per shelf.

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: April 15th, 2020, 3:11 pm
by Troy Stark
Vince L. wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 3:06 pm
Troy Stark wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 5:20 am
We love our Artevino 3s. Maintains temp and humidity perfectly. Compressors are pretty quiet - I have them both in my office and am on the phone all day and the noise never bothers me.
Glad to know; Did you purchase more shelves? I don't like how Costco displays them stacked up 2x-3x per shelf.
Yep we did. You can order them from Wine Enthusiast. They'll know exactly which ones you need.

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: April 15th, 2020, 3:12 pm
by Troy Stark
Also ordered carbon filters from Wine Enthusiast.

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: April 15th, 2020, 3:19 pm
by Vince L.
Thx good to know for when we close on our own place and I convince the wifey to drop $2K on a wine fridge. lol

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: April 15th, 2020, 10:33 pm
by Steve L Gellman
Waiting too see if Le Cache is going to have any type of sale

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: April 16th, 2020, 9:57 am
by Ed L
Hi Berserkers!

Love the information given on this forum. I found a place on craigslist selling open box/new/maybe damaged wine fridges in fremont/Newerk area. Anybody have experience with buying from these places (has 30+ fridges)?

Practicing safe social distancing, I am going to check them out in person. What are things I should check when buying a fridge? Because these are expensive and cash only, I don't want to buy a faulty product.

thanks for all the help.
-Ed

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: April 16th, 2020, 6:14 pm
by Patrick T a y l o r
Vince L. wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 3:19 pm
Thx good to know for when we close on our own place and I convince the wifey to drop $2K on a wine fridge. lol
Roll it into the mortgage and maybe she'll never find out. :)

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: May 20th, 2020, 4:54 pm
by Alex O
Ed L wrote:
April 16th, 2020, 9:57 am
Hi Berserkers!

Love the information given on this forum. I found a place on craigslist selling open box/new/maybe damaged wine fridges in fremont/Newerk area. Anybody have experience with buying from these places (has 30+ fridges)?

Practicing safe social distancing, I am going to check them out in person. What are things I should check when buying a fridge? Because these are expensive and cash only, I don't want to buy a faulty product.

thanks for all the help.
-Ed
I saw the post as well. I'm skeptical of it. If the units needed simple repairs why wouldn't they repair them and selling them for $1500+

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: May 23rd, 2020, 7:35 am
by HoosJustinG
I was between a Le Cache and a Eurocave to store our more special bottles and complement our Wine Enthusiast brand fridge that does OK but doesn’t control humidity and has a decent amount of variation front to back... about ready to pull the trigger on a $5k ... and then called an audible and decided to pay for offsite professional storage instead.

For one, the offsite locker has a much larger capacity (and ability to grow with my collection). Also, just financially on a per bottle basis, the fridge was going to be WELL out of warranty by the time the break even point hits, so there’s no guarantee it would actually be cheaper at all if a problem arises ... and frankly the possibility of a fridge going rogue and freezing always really bothered me. It still bothers me with the fridge we have, but I’d much rather freeze a $40 bottle than a $400 bottle. Lastly in terms of actual aging, the fridges really haven’t solved the humidity control especially well. The Eurocaves have a built in hydrometer, but the actual humidity management is still DYI ... you can’t just leave town for 3 months without just hoping for the best.

Anyway ... just something to consider.

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: May 23rd, 2020, 7:55 am
by Troy Stark
I poured 1 cup of water in our artevino IIIs when we bought them and the humidity has never gone below 50%. [shrug.gif]

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: May 25th, 2020, 2:47 pm
by Dennis_L
Alex O wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 4:54 pm
Ed L wrote:
April 16th, 2020, 9:57 am
Hi Berserkers!

Love the information given on this forum. I found a place on craigslist selling open box/new/maybe damaged wine fridges in fremont/Newerk area. Anybody have experience with buying from these places (has 30+ fridges)?

Practicing safe social distancing, I am going to check them out in person. What are things I should check when buying a fridge? Because these are expensive and cash only, I don't want to buy a faulty product.

thanks for all the help.
-Ed
I saw the post as well. I'm skeptical of it. If the units needed simple repairs why wouldn't they repair them and selling them for $1500+
I pulled the trigger on one right before the lockdown.

I threw in a wireless tag to check temp and humidity and it's been super steady to where I've set it and humidity hovering around 56%.

Only thing is some corners of the gasket had a gap. I contacted Eurocave France (HQ) who referred me to their US Distributor Wine Enthusiast tech support. After a bit of the old hair dryer heat up trick the suggested it was fine; in parallel, they also sent me a gasket that I've not yet had to throw on.

Happy with taking the risk and YMMV but certainly would check their stock again I needed a second fridge.

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: May 25th, 2020, 4:59 pm
by Alex O
Dennis_L wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 2:47 pm
Alex O wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 4:54 pm
Ed L wrote:
April 16th, 2020, 9:57 am
Hi Berserkers!

Love the information given on this forum. I found a place on craigslist selling open box/new/maybe damaged wine fridges in fremont/Newerk area. Anybody have experience with buying from these places (has 30+ fridges)?

Practicing safe social distancing, I am going to check them out in person. What are things I should check when buying a fridge? Because these are expensive and cash only, I don't want to buy a faulty product.

thanks for all the help.
-Ed
I saw the post as well. I'm skeptical of it. If the units needed simple repairs why wouldn't they repair them and selling them for $1500+
I pulled the trigger on one right before the lockdown.

I threw in a wireless tag to check temp and humidity and it's been super steady to where I've set it and humidity hovering around 56%.

Only thing is some corners of the gasket had a gap. I contacted Eurocave France (HQ) who referred me to their US Distributor Wine Enthusiast tech support. After a bit of the old hair dryer heat up trick the suggested it was fine; in parallel, they also sent me a gasket that I've not yet had to throw on.

Happy with taking the risk and YMMV but certainly would check their stock again I needed a second fridge.
Thats awesome, happy to hear it worked out. Which model were you able to grab? Did they have a as many units as they're advertising?

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: May 25th, 2020, 5:29 pm
by Dennis_L
Alex O wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 4:59 pm
Dennis_L wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 2:47 pm
Alex O wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 4:54 pm


I saw the post as well. I'm skeptical of it. If the units needed simple repairs why wouldn't they repair them and selling them for $1500+
I pulled the trigger on one right before the lockdown.

I threw in a wireless tag to check temp and humidity and it's been super steady to where I've set it and humidity hovering around 56%.

Only thing is some corners of the gasket had a gap. I contacted Eurocave France (HQ) who referred me to their US Distributor Wine Enthusiast tech support. After a bit of the old hair dryer heat up trick the suggested it was fine; in parallel, they also sent me a gasket that I've not yet had to throw on.

Happy with taking the risk and YMMV but certainly would check their stock again I needed a second fridge.
Thats awesome, happy to hear it worked out. Which model were you able to grab? Did they have a as many units as they're advertising?
a Premiere L.. I just tried to search, didnt see it, maybe they're locked down for SIP? They had quite a few of all the usual suspect brands, but only a handful of Eurocaves. Two others either had IMO pretty significant damage. 1.) the front glass was shattered and held by the film 2.) a crack on the top corner. Guy there was pretty transparent about what's what. Also, they're all plugged in so you could check it out.

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: May 25th, 2020, 6:16 pm
by Lonnie F.
A.Khanna wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 6:10 pm
Lonnie F. wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 6:14 pm
A.Khanna wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 7:15 pm
Anyone have experience with this WE fridge available at Costco on sale at the moment?
https://www.costco.com/wine-enthusiast- ... 78590.html

I have been searching for a 300+ bottle fridge at a decent price point and would love to get a few suggestions.
Thanks for looking around. I just ordered this one. 300 bottles for less than $7 per bottle plus electricity. I just got tired of the Craigslist grind and I like the idea of white glove delivery.
You are welcome. Let me know so that I can get one for myself
Akshit,

This was a great purchase for me. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Lonnie

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: May 25th, 2020, 6:49 pm
by A.Khanna
That looks great.

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: May 25th, 2020, 7:46 pm
by Vince L.
Wow right next to a bed?

Doesnt the heat dissipate from the rear/sides? Also must be pretty darn quiet.

Re: Wine Refrigerators

Posted: May 27th, 2020, 7:00 pm
by Alex O
Vince L. wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 7:46 pm
Wow right next to a bed?

Doesnt the heat dissipate from the rear/sides? Also must be pretty darn quiet.
Lmao. A more entertaining alternative to "midnight snack"