Decanter, desmanter. Here is the only one I really go to...

Ok, my friends will confirm it: I’m nuts when it come to decanters; I own about 18 assorted models. The only one I really ever go to first (unless I have a large group) is this one:

The Reidel Cabernet model. East to clean. Simplicity, functionality, perfection.

+1 dude.

It’s not just for moonshine anymore…

The thing I like about the Riedel decanter is that it’s a nice, elegant thing that holds it’s own on a white table cloth chichi party if you do that, but it’s not so precious or expensive that you feel odd about using it everyday. The only thing is it’s a PITA to brush out if you need to. But hey, a good rinse and drip dry and it’s fine. Soap the outside to get fingerprints etc.

+2 or this

Ball Mason, we will serve no wine before it’s time…

For me, this is the “classic” decanter. They are common too, so it’s harder for manufacturers and resellers to place a large mark-up on them. I actually found an imperfect one at TJ Max for under $5. It was probably a mistake someone somewhere made. I also have a crystal decanter but use it less frequently. I love those Riedel U-shaped models, they are simply beautiful.

I use a decanter 80% of the time when drinking a bottle. Obviously, it runs the risk of over-oxidation. Understanding this is the key to success I think, with drinking over a number of days/nights.

Works well for ale, also.

[welldone.gif]

That was awesome.