Wine Magazine Recommendations

I enjoy online reading, but also like good old fashioned paper. I’ve been a long time Wine Spectator reader, but I’m no longer aligned with the current direction of that magazine. Anyone have replacement recommendations?

I’ve been a long time fan of Noble Rot out of the UK.

World of Fine Wine is also great

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

The World Of Fine Wine is my only subscription. Expensive though.

1 Like

World of Fine Wine.

Also, give The Wine Spectator another try. Some great content of late.

Wine Spectator Magazine 1 Year Subscription (15 Issues) is really nice

I first subscribed to Wine and Spirits magazine over 12 years ago, but have been reading it for +20 years. I strongly recommend it as a source of enjoyable wine writing.

I will be the first to admit that issues are not as long as Wine Spectator and World of Fine Wine, and only 6 issues are printed yearly, aside from special editions. Much of its pages are dedicated to the domain of “on-premise” liquor, food, wine, and travel. However, the quality of Wine and Spirits’ articles and the breadth of subjects explored are very impressive.

Few publications match W&S in its line-up of writers, be they regular staff or contributors: Elaine Chukan Brown, Patrick J. Comiskey, Jamie Goode, Joshua Greene, Miquel Hudin, Stephanie Johnson, Luke Sykora, Patricio Tapia, Tara Q. Thomas, etc.

Here are a couple of samples from the website:

“Three Faces into the Wind: Neighbors in the Sta. Rita Hills”
by Patrick J. Comiskey
April 20, 2022

“Soave’s Volcanic Revival”
by Stephanie Johnson
February 18, 2020

1 Like

Check out Decanter Magazine. Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast have gotten less and less relevant in my opinion.

1 Like

Decanter does a very good job re Bordeaux, Burgundy and Spain; better on those regions than WS. WS does a decent job on American wines and winemaker/owner profiles. Also travel and food to some extent.

Nothing else is even close to World of Fine Wine.