Keeping unopened white wine in the fridge

Hello,
I’ve been keeping an unopened bottle of white wine in the kitchen fridge for about 2 weeks. Meant to drink it back then, but never got to it yet. Should its quality still be good enough to drink?

If not and I have to use a different bottle, long should/can I put the new one in the fridge before opening?

Thanks

Two weeks or even significantly longer is not an issue.

Ok thanks :+1:t2:

+1 on that Yinon. I keep whites in a regular fridge at the cottage all summer with no ill effects. The only consideration is to take them out long enough ahead of drinking so that they are not too cold when served.

It really depends on the wine. A Mosel Riesling can stay open yet perfectly fine for several weeks, but I’ve had many white wines turn quite flat and dull even after a few days.

NZ Sauvignon Blancs don’t seem to survive at all. For a couple of times I’ve had a remaining half a bottle of NZ SB turn quite mute and dull after only some 24 hours in the fridge. I’ve learned not to save them for the next day.

The OP is asking about unopened. Not opened. So cork still in.

Whoops, sorry, my mistake! Missed the “un-” part. [truce.gif]

Then, definitely months, even years. Depending on how effective the fridge is keeping the environment dry. Even then it takes many years before the cork starts to dry up too much.

I’ve been doing this for a few years with no ill effect. Seems ok to me.

Cool/cold options are almost 100% of the time better options than warm/hot for wine. Repeated temperature changes from taking it in and out of storage can maybe dull a more delicate white wine over a shorter period of time. Also less filtered wines can throw more sediment when stored cold, which doesn’t usually affect the taste beyond keeping the detritus out of your glass.

no issue. Just stops development.

Ive had a bottle that sat in the fridge for 5 years, it was fine, albeit undeveloped.

No concern about lack of humidity drying out the cork if keeping in ‘fridge for several years?

I try not to store white wine in the fridge for longer than a couple months. It is best to store wine in between 45 to 70 degrees. The fridge keeps it under 45 degrees, which really is not the best for it. However, not all of us have wine fridges, so we do the best we can lol

I’d rather keep wine in a conventional food fridge for a few months than at room temperature during the summer, especially if your home can get above 75 degrees F.

it will still be good the only think you want to do is put it on its side and not standing up due to the oxidation, hope this help. dont know what white wine type you have but for sauvignon’s i know they can last up to 4 years with proper storage.