Wine cooler suggestions?

I’ve begun collecting some age-worthy Cabs, Syrahs, BdM’s and others so I’m looking to purchase a wine cooler in the near future. Do you all have any suggestions for a trustworthy brand? 4-star+ coolers seem hard to find at any price point, and i’d like to find something in the middle price-wise.

If you have a specific unit in mind, these are my criteria. 150+ bottles (the more the better), under $2K, single zone is fine. Looks arent super important as its going in an unfinished part of my basement.

Any thoughts about this one?

I have 2 of these. No issues in 4 years. Costco sells these @ $999 delivered (often times $100 off).

Thank you! I was able to find this on the costco site at the price you mentioned. It seems to hold the most bottles per dollar and is 3-4 star rated across websites. And it even looks nice. I think ill get two!

I purchased mine from Costco about 1 year ago. Nice unit, fairly roomy

I have 171 bottles in the unit, 11 of which are in the bin at the bottom. This is good for odd sized bottles like champagne & such. They stack on top of each other in the bin so I bit of a pain to get them out

I have 3 mags on the top shelf, possibly can fit 4. A mag on the lower racks might end up eating up three spaces because of the width
I have 11 375s at the end of some of the front rows which contributes to the load being above 166. If you have a bunch of Bdx bottles you can fit a half size on the end. Not so much if you have Burg bottles

The racks are wire so a bit rough on labels if you shuffle through a lot to get to back bottles. The unit with wood shelves is pricier ($1,499) but might be softer on the labels.

All in all, a good QPR product.

Good luck

May want to consider the “giant” if you’re considering two.

Thanks - it looks like the giant only holds 254 bottles, or 300 if you take the shelves out and stack the bottles all the way up…yikes.

The smaller ones seem to actually hold 166 bottles w/ shelves in, so 332 bottles w/ 2 units at $2K vs 254 bottles at $1.7K works out in favor of the smaller units for $ per bottle held.

On wire vs wooden shelves… Mine are wooden, and they have a nice solid feel, while wire ones would, I think, tend to sag. But wooden ones are thicker, and that thickness difference could easily be what prevents you getting in an extra layer of bottles.

Update: Received my cooler, and delivery was smooth from Costco. The unit looks great and is running well. It holds temperature at 54-55 degrees and is quiet. The wire shelves are sturdy and this unit truly holds the 166 bottles as advertised. I actually got ~171 bottles into it, with larger pinot bottles stacked on top of each other on the bottom, larger Petite Sirah/Syrah bottles on the top shelf, and standard bordeaux/large california red style bottles in the rest of the shelves. So far, highly recommended and at this price point a great deal!

And I was going to recommend Bartles & Jaymes… (haha)

Haha i prefer the boones farm

I’m brand new and looking for a cooler. Do they all have humidity control? I looked at the Lowe’s brand mentioned above and don’t see humidity mentioned. Thank you.

I do not believe they have humidity control unless specified. They tend to get expensive with that feature, such as eurocaves. You can place a water container in the unit to help if you are in dry conditions. If your home is fairly humid (florida), you’ll be fine w/ just controlling the temp.

I’m in Dallas and mine is at 55, but the labels tend to seem to almost wick up moisture sometimes and curl a smidge.