Looking for a tasting group

Folks, my wife and I recently moved back to the Pacific Northwest. We collect wine and ended up purchasing a home in the Seattle/Tacoma area (Browns Point). Anyway, I was a member of an excellent tasting group that met weekly and would like something similar here. I’m not looking for anything formal, but a group of folks that love good wine and love sharing it in community. I’m also open to forming one, providing we have enough interested people. I look forward to your recommendations. Thanks and cheers!

Fingers crossed a few local people chime in with an established group or keen to get a new one off the ground.

If there is a good wine shop local to you, it’s always worth striking up a conversation with other customers in the shop, and tasting groups have been known to get sparked from such chance conversations.

Hector, I wish I had info for local groups, they can be pretty hard to find. Ian’s advice is good. Some people have also tried hosting something at a local restaurant or their home as a way of getting interested people together.

You may wish to edit your thread title to reflect the Seattle/Tacoma area, and maybe comment more about what types of wine you collect or are interested in. For example, my main tasting group, which has been together for 20 years, is only old world wines. We’re a bunch of older farts. A group of younger folks may be more interested in exploring the wide world of wine. Just depends on what you’re looking for.

It might be easier to attend tastings at local wine stores. Particular themes attract particular enthusiasts.

Hi Hector,

There’s a separate thread going on now for this very issue in Seattle. However, I’m not aware of any groups closer to you down in the Tacoma area.