WINE BLENDS

Before or after barrel aging, wines may be blended.
A blend may combine wines of different varieties so as to make, for example, a Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot or a Semillon Chardonnay blend. (In any declared blend, the predominant variety is stated first.). Most of the world’s great wines are blends of more than one variety. Red Bordeaux, for example, must be a blend of between two and five specific grapes, Châteauneuf-du-Pape can include up to thirteen varieties, and Australia’s premier cult wine, Penfold’s Grange, is almost all Shiraz with a little Cabernet Sauvignon. Blends are designed to create an integrated, harmonious wine that is greater than the sum of any of its constituent varieties.

CHEERS,
THEO-PATRA

Theo-patra you are a veritable font of wine knowledge. I humbly how to you, my vinous queen.

And here I thought there would be something interesting here… :frowning:

Okay, outside of Champagne how many Pinot Noir blends are there and how come it isn’t done more often? I only know of D&R/Enfield

That’s a minute of my life I’ll never get back!

^ Juvenile and silly.

Theo-Patra is a plaigerist and copies verbatim from other sources without giving reference credit.
this paragraph comes directly from here.

My comment was tongue in cheek Suzanne. I rather expected this thread to be deleted as spam.

Ah gotcha man of intrigue and a fan of mesh watchbands

Her user account seems to have been deleted (Todd?). I was just starting to ask why a DEA agent [“THEODORA LEE (DEA)”] was doing this but, alas, … gone.

Too bad, in a way. I’ve been waiting for the other shoe to drop–there has to be a reason for these posts…

I have noticed that on other boards these drive-bys are usually accompanied by a link to some obscure website.

Lichen Estate in Mendocino
The Ultramarine op is a new custom crush facility for Cali sparklers, IIRC…

They blend Pinot Noir a lot in Switzerland, usually with Gamay or Saint Laurent. They can be wonderful wines, if a bit overpriced.