Thinking about buying a Le Cache Cabinet.

First post so let me introduce myself. Live in Florida where right now it’s hotter than the devil. Try to spend 2 to 3 weeks a year in Calfornia with friends drinking wine and enjoying the summer weather which is so much better than ours. Have a small collection of wines we enjoying drinking and sharing with friends. Would like to say I’m retired but am not. Still teaching school for ahwile longer.

Been lurking for awhile reading up on wine cabinets and it seems that Le Cache is the choice for my first purchase. Unfortunatly there is not a lot of used La Cache wine cabinets in Florida. ( or wine cabinets in general, maybe because our orange wine dosen’t require much in the way of storage) So will have to buy new.

We drink primarly Califorina reds (Cab’s, Merlot, Pinot, Syrah. Not much Zin). Average about 75 to 100 bottles in storage. Right now we just store in a spare bedroom which even with A/C gets a bit warm in summer so want to cool them down. Was looking at two possible units. Contemporary 1400 and Bild 1800. Storage 172 vs 196. Do you think those will be large enough for my needs? Have no clue how much space I will loose with some of the larger bottles. Any one using the BILD unit? Seems it offers a lot with a savings I can spend on more wine.

Best deal I have found seems to be at Rosehill Wine Cellars in Toronto. Currently they offer a freight credit that will save me some money on shipping and still offer white glove on Contemporary unit. Rosehill Wine Cellars seem to have positive responses in the forms.

Thanks for your help. Being a noob to all this I don’t want to buy a cabinet that will not meet my needs.

Randy

The BILD units are the best value/quality line available from anyone anywhere. I almost bought one myself until my wife donated a half-bathroom for our new purpose-built cellar. I did buy the same CellarPro unit that the BILD units use and it is a fabulous machine - much quieter for equivalent BTUs than the CellarCool unit that I had in my old house. The only potential negative that I could find with the BILD line was the use of metal shelves instead of wood. Wood shelves take up more space but they are kinder on wine labels when moving bottles in and out of storage.

Be sure to read this thread, too

I have a LeCache 2400 and love it. Had some issues with humidity early on, and because of that there is some damage to the wood around the lock, but since then no issues. It was expensive, but I knew I needed it for the long haul.

Yikes…that’s a scary mess with delivery damage.