Three Floyds in Chicago

I’ll be in Chicago in October and wanted to know if there is a good retail shop to find Three Floyds. Proximity to the Intercontinental would be a plus as I will not have a car, but not absolutely essential.

Not to sound snarky at all, but have you considered going to Three Floyds itself?
They have retail capability.

The problem you will most likely run into is that the stuff is not always put on the shelves, when it is it happens very sporadically. The more well liked beer is limited and tends to go quickly. I’ve never seen Zombie Dust on a shelf for example.

You should be able to find some of their beers on tap around the city. Since you have no car, your best bet for bottles is probably to do an in person trade.

brian, what specifically are you looking for and will you have car?

3F’s distribution is in flux right now and they have just changed over a lot of tanks. So, 3F is very spotty in Chicago and the burbs along with it being spotty in Munster as well (a 45ish minute drive from downtown).

So, again, it all depends on what you want.

Like tim said, trade will work easily and there are a lot of taps across the city.

Granted, I would say, don’t chase 3F and focus on the other great breweries in and around the city like: Revolution, Half Acre, Haymarket, Solemn Oath, etc.

[drinks.gif]

I’m happy to do a trade so let me know what you’d like in return in a pm and we can get something going. I’m pretty sure we have good stuff here in PA (from here or elsewhere) that doesn’t reach other markets -unlike wine :frowning:

Saw a one-bottle limit on Zombie Dust at the Lincoln Park Binny’s today. I’m hoping this development is temporary.

Just curious, what were they charging?

I want to say $2.79, but I may be misremembering.

That’s not too bad. I’ve heard it go for $4/bottle in the burbs. It’s funny since it’s $1.67/bottle (including tax/deposit) at the brewery.

Ryan, don’t expect it to change soon. Right now they are allocated 1 case per week and that’s unlikely to change soon