Beer Trading Feedback

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
BobH

Re: Beer Trading Feedback

#51 Post by BobH » March 23rd, 2013, 7:11 am

Rob Winn wrote:
b hudak wrote:Brian, you are thinking right up my alley. Honestly, since joining this sub forum a little while ago, I have been shocked at the lack of horsetrading. In my mind- beer is MUCH MORE subject to trades and swaps even than wine is. Why? Because so much of beer is found regionally. You can get an awesome brew in one state that is never found in the next state over. Even in the second most backwater alcohol state in the US (behind Utah) I have easy access to highly sought after brews that are less easy to find in other places (such as DogFIsh Head, Ommegang, Troegg and Soutern Tier among others). I'd be happy to trade some away in order to try stuff that never makes it this far east such as that Russian RIver Brewing Company that gets raved about. Just the other day I was looking at different beers from The Bruery (sp) one of those microbrew places that the beer folks love and give huge ratings to. Picked up their Saison Rue.
If there is anything u need from The Bruery I can most likely get it for you. I'm part of their reserve society and I get access to some pretty good stuff. Some beers are more allocated than others. Just let me know.
Rob-
that is a great offer and thanks. I actually will PM you a question.

Brian- way to intercept that pass! Awesome move. In the sport of love, that is called 'birddogging'.
hud@k

Rob Winn
GCC Member
GCC Member

Beer Trading Feedback

#52 Post by Rob Winn » March 23rd, 2013, 9:40 am

I would love to try the cherry rye and the coffee. Is it readily available back your way Peter?

BobH

Beer Trading Feedback

#53 Post by BobH » March 23rd, 2013, 2:35 pm

I found some highly sought after beers today- Rumspringa from Lancaster and the brand new Spring Session from Victory. If you want some, let me know, and pretty quickly as well. I'll consider any trade, but since these, and especially the Victory, are as sought after as the Pilney, I'd be happy to make that a trade so as to get to try that.
hud@k

Peter C.

Beer Trading Feedback

#54 Post by Peter C. » March 24th, 2013, 2:09 pm

Rob Winn wrote:I would love to try the cherry rye and the coffee. Is it readily available back your way Peter?
Rob I've only seen the regular BCBS, but it seems to be readily available.
( z y ® y ( @

Rob Winn
GCC Member
GCC Member

Beer Trading Feedback

#55 Post by Rob Winn » March 25th, 2013, 5:36 am

I haven't come across any here in SoCal. If you do find some please let me know and we can work out a trade.

Joe Hauck

Beer Trading Feedback

#56 Post by Joe Hauck » April 3rd, 2013, 6:18 pm

Kick ass trade just completed with Segui, won't be the last! [cheers.gif]

I've also traded with Rob Winn a couple of years ago and had an excellent transaction. [highfive.gif]
One of the few good things about modern times " if you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us." Kurt Vonnegut

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

Beer Trading Feedback

#57 Post by Dave McIsaac » April 5th, 2013, 3:40 pm

I have excellent access to Great Lakes, and also Hoppin' Frog, who just released their new IPA today - the Gangster Frog - I am sipping on one now- quite nice!

William Segui
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Beer Trading Feedback

#58 Post by William Segui » April 5th, 2013, 3:56 pm

Joe Hauck wrote:Kick ass trade just completed with Segui, won't be the last! [cheers.gif]
Joe is the man and a solid dude to trade with. I have a feeling this is the first of many transactions.

BRhoades

#59 Post by BRhoades » April 5th, 2013, 5:40 pm

Anthony Lombardi wrote:Some etiquette suggestions we could add as part of the sticky for first timers:

1. Determine an agreed on value of the trade. I will always go retail with people on this board, but some may feel strongly that their bottle of Cantillon or Westy is worth secondary market in trade. Come to consensus, if you can't- don't trade.

Exchange contact info beyond board PM's & deliver tracking #'s to each other. Communicate with each other on timing/ expectations.

Extras are nice to throw in, but not everyone does them. I do them if I've made multiple trades w/the person or I've gotten to know them. The trade terms are agreed on by the two parties, if you throw in extras & your partner doesn't, they haven't screwed you.

If a bottle is damaged, or the shipper doesn't deliver the package, you are on the hook. If you have received the package from your partner, & yours doesn't get delivered- make it right ASAP w/ your partner.

Finally- don't send crappy beers. That Pliny you found in the back of your fridge that was there for 3 months is likely not the one your partner is seeking.

For those who have made trades in the past, I know this stuff seems obvious. I do think there are some people on the board who will dive into this who haven't previously traded, so this is my crack at giving some basics. Please add to it anything I've missed.
I always like to give my trading partner the tracking #. It shows you have completed the trade from your end and its on the way, a great communication tool.

Cheers

Bud
It aint wine all the time

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Beer Trading Feedback

#60 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 6th, 2013, 3:47 am

Tracking # is great bc it allows the recipient to make plans to be around to accept delivery.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

C Janko

Beer Trading Feedback

#61 Post by C Janko » April 8th, 2013, 7:08 pm

Enjoying a wonderful Big Whig IPA that Bud sent me! Was a great trade and he even through in a goodie that's as fresh as fresh gets!

Again, Bud it's been a pleasure and I look forward to being introduced to more awesome Cali IPA's!
Chris

BRhoades

Beer Trading Feedback

#62 Post by BRhoades » April 9th, 2013, 8:00 am

C Janko wrote:Enjoying a wonderful Big Whig IPA that Bud sent me! Was a great trade and he even through in a goodie that's as fresh as fresh gets!

Again, Bud it's been a pleasure and I look forward to being introduced to more awesome Cali IPA's!
My pleasure Chris, love spreading the west coast's bounties !!!!

Enjoy them,

Bud

James Dennis

Beer Trading Feedback

#63 Post by James Dennis » April 10th, 2013, 3:16 pm

I have some DC Brau On the Wings of Armagedden if you anyone wants to trade. Pretty tasty stuff, got huge scores and is on the way to being a cult i fear. Pretty cool cans as well. I bought a case and at 9+%, I'm not drinking them to quickly. Like to see some find a good home before the hops fade

BRhoades

Beer Trading Feedback

#64 Post by BRhoades » April 12th, 2013, 4:46 pm

Had a great experience with Chris Janko. Great trader !

Cheers

Bud

Joe Hauck

Beer Trading Feedback

#65 Post by Joe Hauck » April 20th, 2013, 6:49 am

Great trade with our silent Moderator, Jorge. Thanks buddy!!
One of the few good things about modern times " if you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us." Kurt Vonnegut

Scott Butler

Beer Trading Feedback

#66 Post by Scott Butler » April 22nd, 2013, 6:43 am

I had another A+ transaction with Peter C - always appreciated!! The Mean Old Tom was a delight to drink, was gone in a flash.
WOTY:61 Chateau Verdignan

William Segui
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Beer Trading Feedback

#67 Post by William Segui » April 22nd, 2013, 9:00 am

Great trade w/ Dave McIsaac. Communication, tracking, etc -- A+ trade with confidence

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

Beer Trading Feedback

#68 Post by Dave McIsaac » April 29th, 2013, 3:28 am

William Segui wrote:Great trade w/ Dave McIsaac. Communication, tracking, etc -- A+ trade with confidence
Thanks Will - right back at ya x 2! Very easy, enjoyable, looking to trade more into the future [cheers.gif]

BobH

Beer Trading Feedback

#69 Post by BobH » April 30th, 2013, 2:05 pm

Joe Hauck wrote:Great trade with our silent Moderator, Jorge. Thanks buddy!!
It is kind of funny how you call him the silent moderator. I have started to dabble back a bit in the other forums here on WB, but I think the reason he can be silent is that this forum is so nice, so good, and so friendly and helpful. I feel far more comfortable here than anywhere else.
hud@k

Anthony Lombardi

Beer Trading Feedback

#70 Post by Anthony Lombardi » June 14th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Tim F is a superb trader. He is easy to communicate with, ended up with the labor intensive end- multiple bottles of Midwest year rounds & seasonals in exchange for some rare sours. Executed it perfectly.

Disclaimer- I accidentally sent him a bottle of Crooked Stave Hop Savant when I meant to send a bottle of Logsdon. Very patient & cool w/my oversight. Not that getting Hop Savant is a BAD thing.

I'd trade with Tim anytime.

TimF

Beer Trading Feedback

#71 Post by TimF » June 14th, 2013, 7:11 pm

Thanks, Anthony. A pleasure to trade with you as well. Highly recommended.
Tim F@itsch

Tom D

Beer Trading Feedback

#72 Post by Tom D » June 23rd, 2013, 11:21 am

Add me to the "Thumbs Up for Tim F" list as well. [thumbs-up.gif]

For starters, he remembered a post that I had last year when I was looking for New Glarus' Dancing Man. Made the offer to pick some up when he crossed the border and shipped on West. And might I add that his packing job was top rate?! When the wife gets her Dancing Man fix, you know it's going to be a good summer!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tom D e v l i n

TimF

Beer Trading Feedback

#73 Post by TimF » July 12th, 2013, 4:38 pm

Got a nice box from Tom D today with a very cool extra. Highly recommended trader.
Tim F@itsch

Anthony Lombardi

Beer Trading Feedback

#74 Post by Anthony Lombardi » July 15th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Executed another trade w/Peter C and have another in process with him. As before, he's an excellent trader.

Peter C.

Beer Trading Feedback

#75 Post by Peter C. » July 16th, 2013, 1:34 pm

Anthony Lombardi wrote:Executed another trade w/Peter C and have another in process with him. As before, he's an excellent trader.
Ditto with Anthony!
( z y ® y ( @

Anthony Lombardi

Beer Trading Feedback

#76 Post by Anthony Lombardi » August 15th, 2013, 8:21 am

Dustin Buchko- A plus trader. Easy to communicate with- could not have gone easier.

Dustin Buchko
GCC Member
GCC Member

Beer Trading Feedback

#77 Post by Dustin Buchko » August 15th, 2013, 9:29 am

My first ever beer trade was with Anthony and it could not have gone any smoother. Excellent packaging, prompt shipping, seamless communication, sent a sweet want of mine (Abyss), just a great dude to deal with.

A+

Scott Butler

Beer Trading Feedback

#78 Post by Scott Butler » August 23rd, 2013, 8:01 am

Another A+ transaction with Peter C - smooth transaction and good communication!
WOTY:61 Chateau Verdignan

Blair Ridley
GCC Member
GCC Member

Beer Trading Feedback

#79 Post by Blair Ridley » September 27th, 2013, 9:59 am

Tim F. was a pleasure to trade with. A+. Hope you enjoy the Allagash FV13 and curious about your thoughts on the Harpoon White IPA.

Jorge Henriquez
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

Beer Trading Feedback

#80 Post by Jorge Henriquez » September 27th, 2013, 10:23 am

So I've been thinking of something for a while now. Anyone ever think about trading a full growler?

Only ask because a lot of the cooler beers available regionally are only on draft. Would love to send out even a 32oz to some of my "regulars" of awesome stuff being made around here.

Thoughts?
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

ITB - Golden Vines
http://golden-vines.com/

cbehensky

Beer Trading Feedback

#81 Post by cbehensky » September 27th, 2013, 11:18 am

Jorge Henriquez wrote:So I've been thinking of something for a while now. Anyone ever think about trading a full growler?

Only ask because a lot of the cooler beers available regionally are only on draft. Would love to send out even a 32oz to some of my "regulars" of awesome stuff being made around here.

Thoughts?
I've only done growler exchanges in person, but some folks on BA seem to do it regularly:
http://beeradvocate.com/community/threa ... ing.93613/
-C h u c k B.

Blair Ridley
GCC Member
GCC Member

Beer Trading Feedback

#82 Post by Blair Ridley » September 27th, 2013, 11:30 am

Yes, Jorge! I'm ready now that temps have cooled down. Can do 32oz and 64oz quite easily. The only question is the deposit (which is usually $5 per bottle up here).

Jorge Henriquez
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

Beer Trading Feedback

#83 Post by Jorge Henriquez » September 27th, 2013, 11:43 am

Blair Ridley wrote:Yes, Jorge! I'm ready now that temps have cooled down. Can do 32oz and 64oz quite easily. The only question is the deposit (which is usually $5 per bottle up here).
Of course Blair. So the way I see it is, whomever receives the growler would fill it up with something good and then return it. What do you think?
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

ITB - Golden Vines
http://golden-vines.com/

Joe Hauck

Beer Trading Feedback

#84 Post by Joe Hauck » October 12th, 2013, 1:24 pm

I'll jump on the Tim F. trade lovefest as well. Great trade and Super quick shipping. Thanks again Tim!!

BobH

Beer Trading Feedback

#85 Post by BobH » October 12th, 2013, 6:51 pm

Joe Hauck wrote:I'll jump on the Tim F. trade lovefest as well. Great trade and Super quick shipping. Thanks again Tim!!
Me too. Trade confidently.
hud@k

TimF

Beer Trading Feedback

#86 Post by TimF » October 15th, 2013, 5:32 pm

Thanks guys. I was happy with my trades with Joe and Bob as well. Also had a good experience with Blair Ridley who scored me a sweet bottle of Allagash FV 13!
Tim F@itsch

Joe Hauck

Beer Trading Feedback

#87 Post by Joe Hauck » November 6th, 2013, 7:06 pm

Tooch is the man! Thanks dude.

Matt Latuchie
GCC Member
GCC Member

Beer Trading Feedback

#88 Post by Matt Latuchie » November 10th, 2013, 5:10 pm

A couple of weeks ago, I sent a 6 bombers of fresh FFF Dreadknaught to Chris Janko down in New Orleans. I sent the bottles before receiving payment and as of yet, haven't received any. I've repeatedly emailed him and PM'd him, but haven't heard anything at all.

Until further notice, I would avoid trading with Chris. Thought I'd do something nice, and was clearly taken advantage of. The loss of money is not a big deal, just a dick move.
CellarTracker: tooch
Instagram: mattlatuchie
philadelphia eagles football

Matt Latuchie
GCC Member
GCC Member

Beer Trading Feedback

#89 Post by Matt Latuchie » November 10th, 2013, 5:17 pm

Matt Latuchie wrote:A couple of weeks ago, I sent a 6 bombers of fresh FFF Dreadknaught to Chris Janko down in New Orleans. I sent the bottles before receiving payment and as of yet, haven't received any. I've repeatedly emailed him and PM'd him, but haven't heard anything at all.

Until further notice, I would avoid trading with Chris. Thought I'd do something nice, and was clearly taken advantage of. The loss of money is not a big deal, just a dick move.
Well, within minutes of posting this received a message from Chris. Deal is being finalized as we speak.

Linda Baehr
GCC Member
GCC Member

Beer Trading Feedback

#90 Post by Linda Baehr » November 14th, 2013, 3:06 pm

Thanks Jordan Whitehead! Great trade!

ITB..................................but you guys knew that already, right?
Check out my Artwork Album on my Facebook page!
Buy a painting from a starving artist!

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

Beer Trading Feedback

#91 Post by c fu » November 14th, 2013, 3:10 pm

Matt Latuchie wrote:A couple of weeks ago, I sent a 6 bombers of fresh FFF Dreadknaught to Chris Janko down in New Orleans. I sent the bottles before receiving payment and as of yet, haven't received any. I've repeatedly emailed him and PM'd him, but haven't heard anything at all.

feel free to send me beer on your dime too. I won't avoid your msgs but I won't pay you [snort.gif] [snort.gif]
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: @clayfu.wine

RDHudak
GCC Member
GCC Member

Beer Trading Feedback

#92 Post by RDHudak » November 14th, 2013, 6:06 pm

I would definitely be interested.

Matt Latuchie
GCC Member
GCC Member

Beer Trading Feedback

#93 Post by Matt Latuchie » November 16th, 2013, 8:37 pm

Big thanks to Tom D. Sent along some great beers from the Pacific Northwest. Super easy, and looking forward to trading more. Highly recommended.

Tom D

Beer Trading Feedback

#94 Post by Tom D » November 23rd, 2013, 1:22 pm

Great trade with Matt Latuchie just went down. Trade with confidence!

Oh, and in case it wasn't already clear, Tim F is a bad ass. Trade with the man if you have the opportunity!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tom D e v l i n

Nolan E

Beer Trading Feedback

#95 Post by Nolan E » November 30th, 2013, 1:56 pm

Just got my package from Tom D, very well packed and stuffed with yummy looking brews.

A great transaction!
ITB
Nolan Ellis

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#96 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » November 30th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:I have had positive experience trading beer with B0b H u d @ k. [cheers.gif]
He did it again! champagne.gif
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

Tom D

Beer Trading Feedback

#97 Post by Tom D » December 2nd, 2013, 9:16 am

Thanks Nolan! Two thumbs up from this side of the trade as well. Add this guy to your list! [cheers.gif]

Nolan E wrote:Just got my package from Tom D, very well packed and stuffed with yummy looking brews.

A great transaction!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tom D e v l i n

Matt Latuchie
GCC Member
GCC Member

Beer Trading Feedback

#98 Post by Matt Latuchie » December 2nd, 2013, 2:44 pm

Thanks to Anthony Lombardi for this righteous haul from the PacNW. Great trader.

Linda Baehr
GCC Member
GCC Member

Beer Trading Feedback

#99 Post by Linda Baehr » December 2nd, 2013, 10:44 pm

Matt Latuchie wrote:Thanks to Anthony Lombardi for this righteous haul from the PacNW. Great trader.

[welldone.gif]
ITB..................................but you guys knew that already, right?
Check out my Artwork Album on my Facebook page!
Buy a painting from a starving artist!

BobH

Beer Trading Feedback

#100 Post by BobH » December 4th, 2013, 3:18 pm

Great stuff from Brian. A really sa-weet mixture. Opening the box was like having Christmas in December.
hud@k

Return to “Beer and Spirits”