Dogfish Head and Sierra Nevada create an IPA glass

I must admit I’m intrigued by it. I don’t have a glass that I feel really suits an IPA. The tulip is my go to glass but I like the taller more slender bowl of this one.

I have this Stone IPA glass, and like it quite a lot:

I also have this Stone Levitation glass, which I find quite suitable for IPA:

I also think white wine glasses work well.

Actually I think the new Dogfish/Sierra glass is a pretty close match to the Sam Adams beer glass. I bought a few of those when they came out and I pretty much always use them for beer nowadays, including IPA.

[resizeableimage=600,525]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FrQhLwXibL0/TdMTumjd6WI/AAAAAAAAABs/qDpuWA82N8Y/s1600/sam+adams+glass.gif[/resizeableimage]

I thought Spiegelau was gone.

cool glass.

Thumbs up

The nucleation is nice, but I’d rather see it on the bottom of stemmed bowl. I’m skeptical about the ridges-on-the-base thing, too, but I would approach a trial run with an open mind nonetheless. Those two points aside, my biggest problem with this glass is that it’s butt-ugly.

I believe Riedel bought them out but still produces glassware under the Spiegelau label at cheaper price points. Maybe someone ITB can confirm or correct.

Cool, just what I need–another beer glass! lol

Riedel purchased Spiegelau ten years ago. Don’t know how independent they are vs. “producing a cheaper version of Riedel.”

Wait, so you mean ALL of these are now obsolete?!? :astonished:

Sonofabitch.
image.jpg