Update on the U.S. Westy release

Heard from a friend today that Shelton Bros. has an exclusive with Total Wine for the Westvleteren XII giftpacks and that it will be the only place these are sold. Released on 12/12 for $85. Anyone else hear this?

Nope. Shelton hasn’t said anything on FB. The release was supposed to happen last winter/Spring. Not sure why not. I did get mine a year ago already. However, at $85 I’ll happily pick up another 6 pack.

Hopefully this means we’ll get it through Total Wine here even though Shelton doesn’t have distribution in Washington at this time. We get a few Total Wine exclusives.

I really hope it’s not exclusive to Total Wine and that Shelton releases some in MA, their home state. I’d be seriously interested in trying this, as it’s the only one of the eight Trappist breweries from which I’ve not had their beer.

The official list of retail locations:

Cool!

None in PA- hardly a shocker. But, I would have thought that Vintage Estate in Ohio would be getting some. However, they are not on the list. Which means none for me.
BTW- in case anyone is thinking of buying and shipping- well, if you are abel to do this, please let me know. However, I have found out that most places that will ship wine are nto allowed to ship beer due to some arcane regulations.

Missouri tbd? Not a lot of help for me there…

No Texas??? [swearing.gif]

Hosed in Washington. I have to be in Colorado for work the 13th, I’m hoping to grab one there, but they’ll probably be completely sold out.

I heard this from a big northeast retailer today when I emailed looking for one as none seemed to be available in NY.

I have a name, Brent…

I actually am laughing a bit at this because for a second, I thought I was in luck. I saw the website had been updated last night, and VIntage Estates is indeed getting some. They are my ‘local’ beer store (I have to drive an hour and to another state to get there, but they are the best store in the area). Well, I called this as soon as they opened this morning, and they are not selling it. They are going to have a tasting, and give their allocation away by lottery only. Well, I’ll do my best to attend that and takes my chances. The lottery is probably as fair as any other way of doing it.

Yes you do but as our communication was personal I didn’t want to ‘out’ you. flirtysmile For your own protection of course. [cheers.gif]

Some was already sold here in MA a while back. I hope I can get a pack this time around.

I checked with Total today. They have no frickin clue to what I was talking about. I showed the manager this thread on my iPhone. He looked it up in the store computer. Nothing at all. Told me to come back Wed just in case. WTF. Talk about lousy customer service.

DiCicco’s in Westchester (multiple stores) and Putnam (Brewster) just released the info on theirs. Coming out Wednesday $84.99+tax & dep. Each store has a method for how they’re selling them but it’s first come first served essentially.

My local TW got 120 six packs, sitting in the back stock room as of today

First come first serve on the 12th, limit one six pack per customer. They said they only had a handful of people on the call list for this so my guess is that it will last a few days or so.

I would walk in and out of the store all day long, buying one six-pack per entry/exit, until they told me to stop. Then I would hang on to them as very valuable trade chips! (and maybe sock a couple 8’s away in my cellar for myself).

Brian:
the 6 packs contain 6 12’s only. No 8’s at all.