Lagunitas tour (photos)

Photos from a brewery tour of Lagunitas today.

Started in the ol’ tap room

Tanks everywhere (the fuzzy faced guy in the pic is our guide)

Bags of stuff everywhere

Cool lids

Lots of fermentation going on

Bottling. We all pulled a bottle off the line to sip on for the rest of the tour.

This is what’s left of a stainless tank on its way from Germany by way of Panama after if got caught in a hurricane.

I asked about the new Chicago facility and they said it’s about a year from being up and running, but “they’re throwing a lot of parties there now” so anyone in the area might want to get on an invitation list. :slight_smile: Also asked if they’d thought about a black IPA (as it seems like a natural for them) and they said “no,” it’s too trendy. Also said they’re not making the WTF (strong brown ale) this year. Too bad, as I liked that one a lot.

The amount of automation is amazing. The cardboard sixpack containers come flat in boxes from the printer. A machine opens them up, another puts them in a case box, then they’re filled with bottles, at the end a machine closes the cases and seals 'em.

For the record I had the IPA, Censored, Little Sumpin’ plus a DogTown Pale Ale off the line.

Very cool. I loved the Daytime fractional IPA. One of the best noses of any beer out there.

Cheers…

Nice! I was there about a year and a half ago. Great place. I went in the evening and didn’t catch a tour, but I would love to the next time I’m around.