Any can't miss beers here?

My local beer emporium is having their “Beerfeast” tomorrow. There will be over 60 new, one-time only brews on tap in addition to their normal offerings. Here are some of the teasers they’ve published so far. Anything on here you guys think are can’t miss beers?

Boulevard & Pretty Things collaboration: Stingo
Harpoon 100bbl Series #43 White IPA
*Ommegang Goudenhop
Saint Arnold Divine Reserve #12
Deep Ellum Wealth & Taste
Poperings Hommel
He’Brew Messiah Nut Brown
*Sixpoint Sweet Action
Squatters Outer Darkness
Adelbert’s Tripel B
Brooklyn Fiat Lux
Coney Island Freaktober
Crazy Mountain “Horseshoe’s & Hand Grenades”
Moylan’s Celts Golden
New Belgium / Alpine collaboration: Super IPA
North Coast Brother Thelonious
Revolver Bock
Stone 16th Anniversary
Wittekerke Winter Wit
Woodchuck Private Reserve Pumpkin
Avery Salvation
Clown Shoes “Eagle Claw Fist”
Cuvee des Trolls
Great Divide Wolfgang
Laughing Dog Dogzilla
Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan
Left Coast / Pizza Port / Cismontane collaboration : Band Wagon
Rahr and Sons Visionary #2: Double Black IPA
Santa Fe Java Stout
Stone Double Dry Hopped Sublimely Self-Righteous

I clipped out the ones I wouldn’t rush to first because I know they are available in bottle. Some of the ones I left may be but I’m not familiar with them, so they would make my list of things to try. In general, when I go to these sort of things I try and hit as much of the draft-only offerings first. They usually are the first to run out, and even if it’s a style I’m not as big a fan of I know I can’t try it elsewhere. Even with editing, that still leaves a LOT of fun things to play with.

Thanks Matthew. Just to clarify, the ones you quoted are the ones you would or wouldn’t rush to try?

I’ve tasted exactly zero of those beers, Joe.

Joe, I’ve had a few and can say without hesitation that the Stone 16th is awesome and I’m not a huge hop fan. Super IPA is good but drink it before the Stone, Java stout is good, Outer Darkness is big and thick but kinda one-note.

I think Matt nailed the list.

The Deep Ellum Wealth & Taste is a phenomenal beer. Had it on tap at a local bar and it was the best of all the beers I had that day. Not sure how rare it is, though.

What’s left is what I would try first.

LOL! You of all people!

By the way, they just released one more set of teasers:

Coney Island Albino Python
Deep Ellum Hop Seeker
Eel River Raven’s Eye Russian Imperial Stout
Lakewood Temptress
Lindeman’s Faro
New Belgium / Lost Abbey collaboration: Brett Beer
Ommegang Goudenhop
Redstone Black Raspberry Mead

…and two never before released Texas beers…

Rahr & Sons Tenderfoot Barleywine
(512) Four, an English Strong Ale

Just to reiterate…every beer I’ve listed in this thread will be on tap. No bottles.

really? so the lemon verbena thing doesn’t make it totally disgusting? My LWS has this beer in-stock, and I was about to buy one until I saw all the funky stuff they put in there.

Nearly all of them look like recent one-off’s/specialty brews. Living in England does have its downfalls, I guess.

OK … finally … one I’ve had. The Lindeman’s Faro is o.k… The Ommegang Goudenhop sounds intriguing — I greatly enjoy the Liefman’s Goudenband, and it sounds like they’re kinda copping that name a bit. I know Ommegang’s “Zuur” is based, in part, on a Liefman’s brew, so I’d be very surprised to find that “Goudenhop” wasn’t so named with “Goudenband” in mind.

DON"T READ THE LABELS- Actually the Verbena and lemon oil is what makes it for me. It’s on the maltier side and the lemon vebena is more of an essence than all up in your face, it keeps it more citrusy than all out bitter which is what I enjoy in a IPA anyway. Hell I don’t even drink that many hoppy beers and I’ve had 2 bombers of these this week. [welldone.gif]

I had the Brooklyn Fiat Lux a week or two ago. Good but not outstanding. Apparently only brewed once and only available on tap, so if you’re into trying limited things, get it while you can. I’ve never had a Stone I haven’t loved. Most of the rest of that list is unfamiliar.

Hmmm, good to know. Stone had me scared it would be some kind of Berliner Weiss meets IPA abomination. I guess I’ll give it a go.

Santa fe java stout is awesome…try to order it when you have half a beer in front of you so you can warm it a bit…this is a great 8% stout with tons of coffee behind it

Specific recommendations so far I believe (plus the list Matthew cut, edited and pasted)

*Ommegang Goudenhop
*Deep Ellum Wealth & Taste
*Sixpoint Sweet Action
*Squatters Outer Darkness
*New Belgium / Alpine collaboration: Super IPA
*Stone 16th Anniversary
*Santa Fe Java Stout
*Brooklyn Fiat Lux

The New Belgium/Alpine Collab is fantastic at any price.

The Stone Anniversary as well. Brian- the lemon verbena is subtle and plays off the hops beautifully.

The Boulevard/PT Stingo collab is excellent as well.

Cool. Thanks for letting me know, Anthony. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all of the help guys. Naturally at these big events things ebb and flow dependent on how quickly lines form, kegs run out, rare tappings are offered, etc… I got to taste a lot of good beer recommended here. I’ll post a list in the drinking thread.