LOL Almost bought this beer today

It’s expensive but it says “doughnut” AND “bacon” on the label!
lmao at their marketing.

Good thing you didn’t. It is fun for a taste. Then what do you do with the rest of the 750?

Sounds disgusting.

It’s better than it sounds, but it’s something I’d want a small glass pour with the right food.

Voodoo is a Hipster donut place in Portland. Of their many donuts (including one froot loops) is a maple bar with Bacon. A buddy of mine waited 45 minutes to buy these one Saturday night while the rest of us were at a “club”.

As for Bacon beer…beer is the one thing that is NOT bettter with bacon

Putting aside the maple, and the bacon, and the donut…what’s up with that pink bottle!!!

Pink is the color of Voodoo donut. It is the color of the boxes they use as well as on promotional items like t-shirts and bumper stickers.

http://voodoodoughnut.com/bacon_maple_ale.php

If I could find one locally I’d buy it. Haven’t seen it around yet.

I’m torn on this statement;

1. Beer should not be flavored with artificial bacon flavoring (or real bacon flavoring, for that matter)
  2. Beer made using smoked malt (a la the smoked lagers from Bamburg, Germany) can be absolutely divine! flirtysmile

Don’t get me wrong, smoked beers can be fantabulous. Unfortunately there are a couple breweries up here who have decided to make a brew using actual, real, bacon.

Agreed. Such behavior is quite unfortunate.

Tried one of these a couple of nights ago. Bought it mainly as a neat reminder of our summer trip to Oregon. Sadly, my daughter’s reaction to the bottle (VOODOO DONUT!!! CAN WE SAVE THE BOTTLE!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!) was the highlight of the experience. It smelled kinda like a maple bacon donut, just very faint and a little hard to discern. The taste, however, was like drinking used charcoal. I don’t mind smoky beers, but this was completely disgusting. There was nothing else; no sweetness, no hops, no bacon, just pure unadulterated smoke. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that this is where the Lost writers got their inspiration. Not wanting to waste the $15 I spent on this atrocity, I somehow managed to finish the bottle. Interesting novelty, horrible beer.

That is like the Southern Tier Pumking…super delicious, wish it came in a 4 ounce bottle instead of a bomber.

I agree, I will only drink it at a taphouse that will let me get it in a sampler paddle. Schlafly’s Pumpkin ale is my favorite pumpkin. It’s malty but not overly sweet like the Pumpking. My girlfriend loves the Pumpking on the other hand. It’s her favorite beer period. She is a big So Tier girl.