Japanese Whiskey

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
JulianD

Re: Japanese Whiskey

#51 Post by JulianD » March 28th, 2019, 4:07 pm

I can’t even find most of them in japan, let alone the US
Davies

CraigE.

#52 Post by CraigE. » March 31st, 2019, 8:46 pm

Its unreal how the demand on Japanese whiskey seemed to explode overnight... Wish I had stocked up when it was available at most stores and every duty free shop!
Craig E t t e l m a n

D Lewis

#53 Post by D Lewis » May 2nd, 2019, 8:47 pm

Im taking a short trip to Japan next month, is there any whiskey I could purchase at the local store that I should try? Nothing to bring back home, just to enjoy while I'm there. Im staying in Osaka and Japan. TIA.
D a n i e l

Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member

#54 Post by Craig G » May 2nd, 2019, 8:59 pm

D Lewis wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 8:47 pm
Im taking a short trip to Japan next month, is there any whiskey I could purchase at the local store that I should try? Nothing to bring back home, just to enjoy while I'm there. Im staying in Osaka and Japan. TIA.
I really like Suntory’s The Chita. You can get it in 100ml bottles in many convenience stores. You can also get the NAS Yamazaki and Hakushu in those bottles.

If you see a Bic Camera, check if they still have any 50ml bottles of Hibiki 17. I’m not sure if those are gone now.
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

D Lewis

#55 Post by D Lewis » May 2nd, 2019, 9:01 pm

Craig G wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 8:59 pm
I really like Suntory’s The Chita. You can get it in 100ml bottles in many convenience stores. You can also get the NAS Yamazaki and Hakushu in those bottles.

If you see a Bic Camera, check if they still have any 50ml bottles of Hibiki 17. I’m not sure if those are gone now.
Thank you!
D a n i e l

Return to “Beer and Spirits”