Frapin Cognac 1942 and 1943 bottled by Harvey’s

We bought a couple of mixed cases of the 1942 and 1943 from England fifteen years ago. Slowly making my way through them, they are both spectacular, and liked equally. The 1942 is more about spices, the 1943s have an orange peel notes, and a little clove. One of those room filling aromas when uncorked (although the corks have all pretty much disintegrated, and I have to double decant to get rid of the bits. It looks a little incongruous with a bright red bottle stopper, but it does the job.

After a glass or two.
0DD7C7EC-3D3D-4A15-80E3-D70E6CC8E735.jpeg

1 Like

Wow!

I remember having a great selection of different Hine Early landed vintage Congnacs in the late 90’s including a 1972 (birth year) that I snagged a few bottles of for myself. I guess these aren’t too ‘early landed,’ but I like the idea of the Brandy resting in a cold English bonded warehouse.

They came from a golf club that was going bankrupt . They sold to the agent for £5 a bottle, who then sold it to the merchant for twenty times that. Don’t think it mattersA Aparr from cork issues every bottle has been superb.

JW, why is the proof so low?