San Francisco Beer Week, 2010

http://sfbeerweek.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

anybody attending these events?

I went to Rosamunde Sausage Grill for the release of Stone’s Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale yesterday…it was really good with strong coffee aromas and flavors

After that we stopped off at The Front Porch cuz I wanted to try the Drake’s Belgian Trippel, but they still had 10-12 beers left in the old keg and they wouldn’t tap the new one until the old one was gone…so no Trippel, but I did get to try the SF Brewers Guild Imperial Common, which was a collaboration between a handful of Bay Area Brewers…also quite nice

And today we went to Triple Rock Brewing for the release of their Keyser Soze, an imperial stout that checked in at around 12% ABV…it was a little too sweet for me, but I did also have a Speakeasy 3x IPA that was very good, so that made up for it

I might make it out for the Sierra Nevada thing in Berkeley tonight, but I’m not sure yet

I did end up going to the Sierra Nevada event at Barclays in Oakland on Sat…got to try the Sierra Nevada “Hoptimum” 2xIPA and the “Weizenbock” wheat beer…the Hoptimum was really, really good…one of the best Sierra Nevada beers I’ve had (better then Torpedo, for example)

I would really like to go to 21st Amendment in the City for $2 cans tonight, but likely not…If I do anything today, it would pro’ly be the Midnight Brew Co. event in Berkeley

ahhhh to be without twin babies again.

Milos you have to try the Watermelon Wheat at 21st, but you can probably get it in the can in the Eastbay. The best hot weather beer ever made and would fight anyone who disagreed.

-dave

Dave, I gotta disagree with you re: Watermelon Wheat…its just not for me at all…its the one 21st Amendment beer that I don’t care for, although my girlfriend LOVES it

as for Beer Week stuff, went to Triple Rock Brewery yesterday for their “Getting the Band Back Together” event that featured two extended barrel aged Imperial Stouts

the first was aged 5 years in barrels that had brett strains in them and the second was aged with cherries for 6 years in port barrels

neither of these were too my taste…they both drank like wine, and had a strong lemon flavor…that being said, I’m glad that I got to try 'em

thats gonna be pretty much it for me for SF Beer Week, as today I leave on a 5-DAY BREWERY TOUR THROUGH N. CALIFORNIA!!!

I’m fuckin’ stoked

put up your dukes Milos. [training.gif] [pillow-fight.gif] [berserker.gif] [suicide.gif]