'09 Sierra Nevada Estate

picked this up on the suggestion of board member John Cabot (thanks for the tip John) in the Life and Limb thread…found it back then, but just got around to drinking it this past weekend…a short TN

pours a clean, clear golden bronze color…aromas of bubble gum/cotton candy at first, which change into some nice heady/spice/incest aromas after a little time…rich malt on the front palate, which turns into a very nice bitterness on the way back

this was a really nice beer, and I really like the idea behind it (estate grown hops and barley)…and I think much wider availability then the L&L

anybody else try this beer or have an opinion

Milos, Had this a few weeks ago in 22 oz. & liked very much.

Great balance - nice malt, but not too sweet, & really nice, fresh hops on the nose & palate, & good bitterness on the finish, but not quite at West Coast level.

Don’t remember exactly how much I paid, but it was pricey ($8? $9? not sure) I’m on the East Coast.

Also tried the Wet Hop Ale, & Southern Hemisphere Harvest Fresh Hop Ale around the same time.
All pretty damn nice - similar, in fact.

Would grab the other two, but probably not the Estate again, just as a matter of QPR, not because I didn’t like it a lot.

Oh, & just out of curiosity, since I haven’t seen my sister in a while, what are “heady/spice/incest” aromas ? ? ! ? ? :wink: LOL

[basic-smile.gif]

“Posted exclusively on WineBerserkers!”

[berserker.gif]