Night of debauchery

My wisdom teeth come out this morning which means I can’t drink alcohol for a week (or more! the horror!).
So, we had ourselves a beer debauch last night!

New Glarus Crack’d Wheat
~ Skunky aromas of gumballs, perfumed banana, and saison spice. Flavors to match.

3 Floyds Rabid Rabbit
~ Aromas of cinnamon, banana bread, and apple cider.

Surly Cynic
~ Elmer’s Glue, battery acid in aromas. Flavors of Saison, crispy.

New Glarus Imperial Saison
~ Very fruity aromas, plasticy. Watermelon candy and tart cherry flavors.

Surly Bender
~ Roasted malts and charcoal in aromas. Caramel toast and yeast in body. Quite tasty!

New Glarus Berliner Weisse
~ Tart flavors up front with a soft, smooth body. Citrusy, crisp and very refreshing.

Tyranena Brewing Sheep Shagger Scotch Ale
~ Smoky, toasty, barnyard hay. Very smooth and easy to drink

3 Floyds Moloko Stout
~ Creamy, thick leathery aromas. Tastes like a mocha latte in a good way.

3 Floyds English Style IPA
~ Hop city. No.

High and Mighty Two Headed Beast
~ Bitter chocolate aromas. Soft, but complex with slightly bitter/crisp body of smoky, roasted malt.
~NEW FAVORITE SESSION BEER! 4.5%

Surly Coffee Bender
~ Bell Pepper and Pepperoncini. no.

t-Smisje 2008 Calva Reserva (Calvados barrel-aged Barleywine from Belgium)
~ Apple aromas with caramel in the back. Very aromatic and complex. Big flavors, rich, toothsome.

Tyranena Dirty Old Man (Imperial Rye Porter aged in Rye Whiskey barrels)
~ Ruddy color and flavors. Hints of rye whiskey, balanced and smooth. Eminently drinkable.

Berkshire Brewing (Julio’s Bourbon Barrel Imperial Scotch Ale)
~ Explosive aromas of vanilla and fake butter. Very sweet butter flavor. no.

New Glarus Raspberry Tart
~ Identical aromas to a homemade raspberry tart pastry. Spontaneous fermentation of the raspberries gives this incredible complexity. Friggin delicious. Great quote on the bottle: “Life’s too short to wait for dessert”

Sprecher Russian Imperial Stout (Bourbon Cask)
~ Smells like very old wooden boards. Like the inside of an old New England mill. Hot chocolate flavors.

Surly Furious IPA
~ Super hop and ganja aromas. Pine-sol and broom flax. no.

3 Floyds Dreadnaught Imperial IPA
~ Pineapple citrus aromas. Supple fruit, very smooth. My stomach hurts from the acid.

18 total beers, I’m sure I missed a few labels, but here are some shots:
(we skipped another 4 since it was already 11 and I have surgery in the AM)

I’m kinda thinking that an anasthetic wasn’t required for this procedure after the prior night’s intake. Dr. Pete will be upset on missing out on that billable moment, however, probably not on the odors and other matters that emanated from a besotted patient’s orifices.

In memoriam of your specific procedure preceded by the excesses of the night before, I am reminded that the bard (or someone) once said, “With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone.”

Perhaps he needed to strengthen his system for a quick recovery. In the words of Foulmouth Jerk:

“In beer there’s strength, in wine there’s wisdom. In water there is only bacteria.”