Henry McKenna 10 Bottled in Bond - Wins Best Whiskey SF World Spirits Competition

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
Brian Thorne
GCC Member
GCC Member

Henry McKenna 10 Bottled in Bond - Wins Best Whiskey SF World Spirits Competition

#1 Post by Brian Thorne » March 25th, 2019, 7:03 am

Nice article in Forbes about the 2019 SF World Spirits Competition, and the Henry McKenna 10 year old Bottled in Bond Single Barrel won best Whiskey. I've been a fan for several years, as it has really represented great drinking experience for a fair ($30 - $35) price. Last year it won Best Bourbon at the SF competition and I bought a few extra bottles, fearful that the price would jump, but it didn't really go up much.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/fredminnic ... 1da0da6d3a

Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Henry McKenna 10 Bottled in Bond - Wins Best Whiskey SF World Spirits Competition

#2 Post by Kris Patten » March 25th, 2019, 8:13 pm

We have a ton more accounts asking about it. Heaven Hill offers some of the best values in aged and BIB Bourbon in the world, and yes we sell them....and I drink them.
ITB

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Henry McKenna 10 Bottled in Bond - Wins Best Whiskey SF World Spirits Competition

#3 Post by JDavisRoby » April 23rd, 2019, 9:35 pm

Tasted this for first time tonight. Really nice. Both neat, with a splash of water and over ice. Happy to score a full bottle for the house. Not much left on the local store shelves.
Joshu@

Joe Raymond
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Joe Raymond » April 24th, 2019, 12:47 pm

Been drinking this for a year or so and it is my go to weekday drinker. Really punches above it's weight. i just hope it doesn't get stupid and double or triple in price now.......
"That's what i do. I drink and I know things."

Paul Flynn
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Paul Flynn » April 24th, 2019, 1:57 pm

I bought a couple of these last year for not a lot of $$ based on recommendations found here. Prices surely to rise.
Paul

“I have to have the most expensive thing, not because it’s the most expensive but because it costs more”

Cordelia Chase

Adam Noble
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Adam Noble » April 24th, 2019, 2:49 pm

I find it hotter and less interesting than my "house" Eagle Rare 10. But that may be batch related rather than a general rule. I still drink it and mix drinks with it and will continue to do so until my bottle(s) are empty.

Joe Raymond
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by Joe Raymond » May 1st, 2019, 3:31 pm

Just got a call from my local shop that they received a few bottles of Mckenna. So I asked, "is it still $30 like when I bought my last two bottles before they won the whiskey competition?" "No, unfortunately the price is $89.99 now" What a shame......

Adam Noble
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8 Post by Adam Noble » May 1st, 2019, 10:25 pm

You can do a lot better for less than $90. Like Old Forester 1920.

Alan Eden
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Alan Eden » May 2nd, 2019, 7:50 am

$90 !!!!!

Tell them to go f**k themselves, has the MSRP tripled or is the shop gouging ?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

Joe Raymond
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Joe Raymond » May 2nd, 2019, 8:41 am

I looked online via WS and there is a few places that had it at $50-60 and they are all sold out. So looks like the price is going up for everyone. Bummed because at $30 it was a good Bourbon, but at $90 it is the same old story of stuff getting blown out of control because of silly marketing strategies. I'm not knocking my local shop because they probably had to pay more to get the bottles as well after the increase, just a shame to watch it happen and we predicted it :)

EHeffner

#11 Post by EHeffner » May 2nd, 2019, 10:23 am

Saw it at TW this week for standard pricing - $30
E v a n

Return to “Beer and Spirits”