Holiday gifts!

My father-in-law gave me two beer gift sets for Christmas:

St Bernardus (6, 8, 12, and Triple with a St Bernie glass)
Weihenstephaner (Kristall, Weiss, Dunkel, Premium, Doppel, and wheat glass)

More beer and two new glasses! Woot!

I received a three pack of (Scotch snobs beware!) Glenlivet - 12, 15, and 18 year…

I got a 1964 German wine that doesn’t even say if it’s Rielsing or not on the label. [suicide.gif]

Todd, my brother in law served me some Glenlivet 18 over Christmas and I was extremely impressed with it.

At least they are keeping some of their former glory alive. I actually saw the 18 at Costco, for about $70, and considered it. It is something I would be glad to have in the cellar.

You are going to enjoy that. The 12, “meh…”

I’m not familiar with the 15. Probably decent stuff.

FWIW he also had some Chivas 18 which I thought was pretty much a total waste.

Cousin gave me a growler of Barley John’s Amber Ale [basic-smile.gif] … all gone!! [bow.gif]

Champagne sabre! [drinkers.gif]

200ml bottles? That’s a sweet little pack. You should keep your eyes open for the Lagavulin 3 pack (3x200mls). I can’t remember exactly what 3 are in the pack, but the “expensive” one pays for the other 2 bottles.

Scratch that about Lagavulin, all these 14 hour shifts are getting to me. The 3-pack I was trying to suggest is for Talisker. It has one 200ml each of 10yr, 18yr, and Distiller’s Edition. Priced around $50.

The Bernardus beers are awesome, but their Tripel is my least favorite of the lineup. The 12 has been my favorite beer for the past 6 months or so and I imagine it’ll be a while until I find better. I think their Wit is one of the top 3 out there as well!

No, 750’s, actually…

OK, I’m officially jealous. I got the Star Trek movie and a pair of socks.

Come on over - I’ve got a neat two fingers of the 15 year in front of me now!

Frank,
Hopefully they don’t both stink [wink.gif]

Todd, save some for me !

Carrie Bowman!!!

To what could you POSSIBLY be referring??

I’ll gladly save you whichever you want if you choose to come visit!

Well then. Someone likes YOU! flirtysmile hahah

My Secret Santa on Flyertalk got me a gift certificate to my favorite wine shop in White Plains NY.

I gently suggested where they should get the cert. Might as well keep it in the family.

Waves … referenced here Bruichladdich - Waves - Beer and Spirits - WineBerserkers

J