Is there no Vodka thread or did I miss ir?

I’m a fan of Kettle One and Belvedere. Anyone else?

That’s because vodka is the spirit for people who don’t actually like the taste of spirits! neener

I’m teasing, of course. But it is, in fact, the only major spirit we don’t keep in the house.

Liquor for the AFWE?

We keep a bottle of Luksusowa in our freezer because it’s (i) cheap, (ii) Polish and (iii) made from potatoes (which I think gives it a textural advantage and makes it Kosher for Passover (if you ignore the rabbi certification part))

We use it to get a good conduction for our ice cream maker. I can’t think of any other use really.

I always have a bottle of Smirnoff red label on hand. Use it for Bloody Marys during football season. That is it.

We’ve had a bottle of Costco’s French Vodka (in the annoyingly tall bottle) in our pantry for several months now. It periodically gets used for Moscow Mules, and I will get some like this or Smirnoff red label when I make coffee liqueur…although it’s been a while since I did that. I used a splash in the last tomato sauce I made. It’s not something I go to on its own, though.

We enjoy Tito’s. A good vodka and an even better price! However, I would not turn down Grey Goose, Belvedere, Chopin or Ketel One if it was offered.

Thanks,
Ed

Tito’s used to be cheap but I think its up there now with the big names now isn’t it. Don’t drink it anymore but there is a Russian bar close by that I’ve always wanted to go into to see what they might have that’s interesting.

Stoli (5-6 flavors) is $13 at duty free Windsor - Detroit; I get this because my gf does not like spirits but likes vodka cocktails that give a good buzz.

My preference for Vodka on the Rocks with Blue Cheese stuffed olives is Belvedere.

I make a great watermelon cocktail for her (pureed then strained watermelon, some simple syrup if needed, and plenty of Vodka)

I don’t drink it myself but I keep a bottle around in case I need to collude with any Russians.

It is good for sanitizing a wound. Or an injection site.

1 Like

I keep a handle of Tito’s at the house usually. I like Bloody Marys, and the occasional vodka martini, somewhat dirty, but mainly I often have guests who drink it. That said, my favorite way to drink it is to soak hot peppers in there for a couple of days then strain them out. Serve neat and cold with homemade bread and butter pickles. I had some Russian friends who would do this, though with more varied pickles. I usually make a large batch for vacation. It always goes over well and any leftover is great in a Bloody Mary.

Tito’s is for me the best value, but also like Grey Goose, Ketel and Stoli Elit

Reika is my house vodka.

I’m in the same boat. I don’t drink it. I used to keep a bottle for when friends came over, but since it’s also the liquor of choice for teens I’ve stopped keeping it in the house.

My sister was telling me… She and her husband went to dinner with some friends. Went back to their place, and were offered a vodka cocktail. Other couple went to make drinks, but huddled at the fridge talking. Sister finally asked what was up? They told her the vodka bottle was frozen solid.

Almost exactly the same. We have a few different vodkas at home, including Tito’s, but I’ve been using Sobieski to do the hot pepper soak for bloody marys (generally I take 3-4 different varieties of dried Mexican peppers and let them soak for 36-48 hours). I’m hardly a vodka aficionado, but Sobieski is perfectly acceptable to my tastes and cheap as heck (less than $20/handle).

I’m a Stoly fan - been on a caviar kick lately after discovering a new source, and I just loved chilled Stoly and caviar -

We sell it, but as said above, potato adds some textural elements to your drink, so we like Monopolowa. Tito’s is the house vodka. If Putin happens to stop by we will offer him some Russian Standard.

1 Like

I’m a fan of Russian Standard (Platinum)