Comedian Dave Attell on Jaegermeister...

Mildly NSFW language:

Very funny. Reminds me, I was sitting in an Irish bar in SF, 5pm shift change was taking place in front of me, and the barkeep was pouring 4 shots of Jaeger. I cringed, and asked the barkeep “Man, do people still do those things?” She looked at me, proceeded to hand the 3 other shots to the other bar employees, and said “Yep…we do.”

I smiled and finished my silver Herredura in silence.

That stuff is devil water. I remember people trying to explain to me how it is actually good for you because its mmade from some root of something or other…right.
[suicide.gif] [bleh.gif]

did a shot of Jagger yesterday around noon

dave on wine

this guy is a great comedian…Insomniac was one awesome show, and it was good cuz he was the host

EDIT…just saw the thread in Wine Talk

I did one shot of Jaeger in my life and it was way too much for me.
I was at a bachelor party and spent twenty minutes during [barf.gif] our drive in the limo with my head out of a window. What is in that sheehit.

My guess would be “shoe polish”

The Irish Bank, maybe?

Jaeger is just evil, nasty stuff. The only time I willingly drink it is when someone else with good intentions buys me a shot of it.

The only worse than Jaeger is Goldschlager.

Semi long time lurker who’s had fun just reading; can’t believe it was a Jager post that got me to sign up.

Here’s an artist who pretty much sums up ALL THAT IS with Jager. http://www.myspace.com/leetotten made a minor name for himself in the late 90’s back when http://www.mp3.com actually meant something.

My favorite Jager story (that I can remember) goes something like this…

In college I’d cook Jager brownies to bring to the summer BBQ for treats. Nothing too fancy, just Betty Crocker mix with Jagermeister substitued for the water and an extra egg added. I’m visiting my parents house because my grandmother was in town and making the Jager brownies for like the 3rd time in my life. Being cocky, I thought I’d spice up the recipe which called for 1/3 cup of water by doubling the Jager component to 2/3 a cup.

The brownies are baking and my 75 year old grandmother is in the kitchen preparing dinner with my mom when the stove door literally blew open. There was a blue flame coming off the brownies and my grandmother looks at me and says something like “Your BBQ seems a whole lot more interesting than this dinner I’ve cooked 100’s of times for your mom. Can I taste those?”

Thank gawd we didn’t have digital cameras or cell phones back then. Who knows what pictures would have ended up on the Internet after a night of Jagermeister shots.

Cheers.

ML - you are the Jager master