Eggnog

Yea or nay?

• Yea
  • Nay

0 voters

Don’t recall ever having a good one. Do you partake? Ready made or made from scratch?

My recipe is the only one I can stand:

Pour a plentiful amount of spiced rum, look at the carton of eggnog and leave it where it is. Drink.

[bleh.gif]

VOG baby! Vinny’s Ultimate Egg Nog. Locally made. Come on up and get some!

I was “forced” to drink it as a kid (the zero or low alcohol version) and got used to it, so I can tolerate the commercial stuff. And I have had some really good nog made by friends but never cared enough to get the recipe. I think in college we did experiments and decided the smoothest nog was made by adding brandy, and we also did odd things like half brandy and half rum (and maybe half whiskey). I can remember drinking nog that was rather brown from all the spirits.

At any rate Louise will generally buy a box of it around Christmas and we will each have a cup, and then around January 10 we throw it out.

Still I voted “yea”

BTW the nutmeg on top is a very mild hallucinogen. Nutmeg and mace make the colored Christmas lights look a bit more intriguing.

I have a pretty good recipe.

The store bought stuff is noxious.

Top Ten Top Ten - The Top Ten Dave Attell Quotes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#1 applies here. Will make you wipe your egg nog mustache off your lip a little faster next time…