THE St Pauli Girl was just here...

Irina Voronina…smokin!

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=irina+voronina+st.+pauli+girl&gbv=2&aq=6&oq=Irina&aqi=g10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am REALLY digging the fact that we now have a destination ski shop right next to us!

http://store.docsskihaus.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

True, if only St Pauli could bottle THAT flavor!

Since there’s a St Pauli Girl - Is there a Hoegaarden Ho? Or a Leffe Lez? Or a Heineken Heinie?

If the results are the same for everyone…that third picture…YIKES!

To keep this thread on track…I dont like that beer!

She’s TALL too. she had some low heeled boots on and was taller than me and I’m 5’ 11’’. Spoke perfect English and knew enough about wine to tell me what style she wanted as we had no labels she knew (and not be flustered by that fact either).

That’s a nice holiday treat; you should have taken a picture with her!

Discretion is the better part of customer relations…

“Discretion”??

She’s a well-known, paid spokesmodel for Anheuser-Busch; part of her job is to take pictures! [tease.gif]

Reminds me of a story…
In a previous life I worked retail on Long Island’s north shore. There were some fairly ritzy coastal residential enclaves nearby, with some wealthy home owners, including a few celebs. One of the most famous was Billy Joel, who used to stop by the shop every now and again to browse the the shelves.
Normally I wouldn’t dream of bothering the guests, but Mr. Joel seemed like a fairly nice guy, quick to laugh… I took to keeping a camera on hand “just in case”… I had a plan.
He came and went several times before I got my chance… one summer’s Saturday morning he stopped by with his wife.
Seizing the chance I grabbed the camera, walked up to Mr. and Mrs. Joel, tentatively held up the camera and asked “Would you mind?..” As I suspected, he was fine with it; without batting an eye he said “Sure”.
So, quick as a wink, I gave the camera to Mr. Joel, put my arm around his wife and asked him to take our picture.
Somewhere in all my junk I still have that picture, snapped by Billy: me with a shit-eating grin, my arm around Mrs. Joel (aka Christie Brinkley) who was looking beautiful in a summery dress, in spite of the fact that she was laughing her ass off at the time.

Cheers,

Good one Bruce!

Funny flip side story:

Back when I was running Joss, a high toned Chinese place next to Atlantic, Atco, Chrysalis, Geffen and other record labels, I got a call to reserve a table for six for a Mr. Craig Anderton. Most people would have NO idea who he was but, being a tech head musician, I knew he was the tech columnist for Guitar Player Magazine and also owned several of his books on home studios.

So, he shows up in a cab with some pretty famous musicians (if you are a fusion / jazz /progressive rock fan anyway), all of whom had been in the place before and with whom I had talked music on several occasions. I IGNORED them and instead oohed and ahhed over Anderton like he was the Billboard artist of the week and even got him to sign his column in the current Guitar Player which I had in my office.

He had NEVER had anyone outside a trade show give him any props like that and was very grateful and effusive and the musicians were tickled pink too. Fun night.