Best IPA with significant distribution?

I’m an unabashed hop head, although I like things in balance. Over-the-top, super-hopped, syrupy-sweet IIPAs and Triple IPAs generally don’t do it for me. I prefer floral, fruity IPAs. With all of the discussions of regional beer preferences and the necessity to trade to get some of those beers, I was wondering what you all though was the best IPA with pretty significant distribution around the country? Does it have to be in every market, everywhere? No. Rather, by “significant” I mean that it’s likely available in most large cities with a little digging.

My choice: Stone Enjoy By IPA (they vary a bit from release to release, but they’re almost always excellent). Do these make it to the East Coast?

Bells Two Hearted

Do you get Toppling Goliath where you are? Their Nugget is that profile. Boulder Beer Hazed and Infused was a dry hopped ipa I used to see around. Very fragrant if fresh. Ballast Point Sculpin (not with the grapefruit adjunct)

Lawson’s Finest Sip of Sunshine is easy to obtain now a days in the Northeast.

Probably either Cigar City Jai Alai or Bell’s Two-Hearted

It’s amazing how readily available it has become over the past year.

Hands down, it has to be Modern Times, for sheer quality and quantity they are hard to beat.

Cheers,

Bud

Is Georgetown Brewing Boddhisatva distribution wide? Cause that’s the best can I can get around here. It’s a great IPA.

If I’m drinking beer, its an IPA. I have a number of favorites, but lately Alaskan Husky IPA has been my go to.

The majority of the beers mentioned are not available in the PNW. Just for fun I referenced a list of the nations best IPAs. Not one was nationally distributed, which is what I think the craft brewing movement is all about.

That said, Stone, from the OP is far better than average, and Bell’s Two Hearted is the kind of beer that has mass appeal without being boring.

Just wondering, what happened with Green Flash?

My first thought was that a nationally distributed IPA wouldn’t be nearly as good as what was available regionally/locally.

This.

Hah! Does Georgetown even bottle now, much less the Bodhizafa? What I’d give for a sweet Lucille right now :smiley:

Even better - they can. Including Lucille, which I prefer to Bodhi.

YES!!! I do, too, and love when I find it on draft around here. Bodhi seems to be their preferred sell, though, because I’m seeing it more often than Lucille. That’s too bad. I’m positive it doesn’t make it out of the PacNW, though.

I find the Bodhi better balanced than the Lucille, though they are both plenty good for an IPA. Not my favorite style, however, as I prefer sours, etc.

Well, no sh*t. [cheers.gif] I won’t argue that a bit. However, my question is simply for conversations sake, not saying that I’m seeking one that would better than some of the micro regional IPAs so many of us love.

Peter - I rememer seeing Green Flash all over the place, but I ahven’t seen it much lately now that you mention it.

Good call above with the Ballast Point Sculpin. I wonder if it makes its way East?

I will go with Stone Enjoy By, Founders Centennial or Lagunitas Hop Stoopid.

Green Flash was foreclosed along with Alpine by the bank and the assets sold.

Deschutes Fresh Squeezed is my personal favorite for large scale distribution.