What BEER are you drinking?

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
BRhoades

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16751 Post by BRhoades » September 1st, 2020, 5:36 pm

Brian S t o t t e r wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 4:10 pm
D47A25F4-9B3D-4F7E-A1B3-EF23348038AA.jpeg

Paid a visit to Narrow Gauge today to grab my 4-pack of Peanut Butter & Stout won via lottery. Stayed to have a DDH Cloud City and try a couple of the new flavor Meersalz (Blood Orange and Black Currant). The whole Meersalz line-up at Narrow Gauge is excellent, but blood orange may be my new favorite for its balance.
Sounds delicious Brian. My brother in law lives in Kirkwood and on occasion shleps some Narrow Gauge and Side Project in his luggage when they come out to So Cal to visit. I have been fortunate to enjoy DDH Cloud City, really solid stuff, that Blood Orange and Black Currant Meersalz sounds amazing, when they came out for Christmas last year he brought me the raspberry variant and I loved it.

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time~Bud

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16752 Post by Brian S t o t t e r » September 1st, 2020, 5:54 pm

BRhoades wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 5:36 pm
Brian S t o t t e r wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 4:10 pm
D47A25F4-9B3D-4F7E-A1B3-EF23348038AA.jpeg

Paid a visit to Narrow Gauge today to grab my 4-pack of Peanut Butter & Stout won via lottery. Stayed to have a DDH Cloud City and try a couple of the new flavor Meersalz (Blood Orange and Black Currant). The whole Meersalz line-up at Narrow Gauge is excellent, but blood orange may be my new favorite for its balance.
Sounds delicious Brian. My brother in law lives in Kirkwood and on occasion shleps some Narrow Gauge and Side Project in his luggage when they come out to So Cal to visit. I have been fortunate to enjoy DDH Cloud City, really solid stuff, that Blood Orange and Black Currant Meersalz sounds amazing, when they came out for Christmas last year he brought me the raspberry variant and I loved it.

Cheers,

Bud
The raspberry has been my favorite in the line-up, but the blood orange for its subtlety is a great rendition. Ask your brother-in-law to get you their Fallen Flag or DDH Fallen Flag as well. Hoping they release their Kofe stouts as the fall/winter approach too.

Side Project is fantastic, but pricing is quite steep. I have a couple bottles of Coffee Shop Vibes and Derivation for long-term cellaring.
CT: rieslinghoarder

2020 contenders for WOTY:
2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Durant Vineyard Chardonnay
2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
2001 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese
2015 Josef Walter Hundsruck Spätburgunder "J"

William Segui
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16753 Post by William Segui » September 3rd, 2020, 7:54 pm

For CA residents,DDH Pulp is up on Fieldwork.

KenL.

#16754 Post by KenL. » September 4th, 2020, 10:00 am

William Segui wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 7:54 pm
Thanks for the recommendation. They opened a tap room down the street from me last year. Will pick up a growler, going to good beer drinking weather here this weekend.
Lobel

William Segui
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16755 Post by William Segui » September 4th, 2020, 10:05 am

KenL. wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 10:00 am
William Segui wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation. They opened a tap room down the street from me last year. Will pick up a growler, going to good beer drinking weather here this weekend.
It's a truly special beer. You should grab a 4-pk as well, if you still can (pun intended).

KenL.

#16756 Post by KenL. » September 4th, 2020, 10:25 am

William Segui wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 10:05 am
KenL. wrote:
William Segui wrote:
It's a truly special beer. You should grab a 4-pk as well, if you still can (pun intended).
Yes just checked on their website. Available in 4 pack to go. Thanks
Lobel

Tom Blackwood

#16757 Post by Tom Blackwood » September 4th, 2020, 11:34 am

KenL. wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 10:25 am
William Segui wrote:
KenL. wrote:

Thanks Will! Just ordered two 4pks to pick-up at the Napa Oxbow location. Its going to be a Green Cheek, Treehouse and Fieldworks DIPA weekend.
(ITB)

Chris.Martin

#16758 Post by Chris.Martin » September 4th, 2020, 12:48 pm

William Segui wrote:
Thanks! Picked up four 4-packs!

William Segui
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16759 Post by William Segui » September 4th, 2020, 1:03 pm

Tom Blackwood wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 11:34 am

Thanks Will! Just ordered two 4pks to pick-up at the Napa Oxbow location. Its going to be a Green Cheek, Treehouse and Fieldworks DIPA weekend.
Not familiar with Green Cheek but I'd put DDH Pulp up against anything from Treehouse, which I love. Enjoy the weekend, I know I will!

And if you have room for another really good beer -- grab a 32 oz of Becky the Duck.

BRhoades

#16760 Post by BRhoades » September 4th, 2020, 4:54 pm

Tom Blackwood wrote:
KenL. wrote:
William Segui wrote:

I'm really on the fence with this release having just had DDH Pulp a couple months ago and just recently finishing off my stash of King Citra and Mo'Pulp, let's see how long it takes me to talk myself out of passing on this batch.

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on September 10th, 2020, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRhoades

#16761 Post by BRhoades » September 4th, 2020, 5:12 pm

BRhoades wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 4:54 pm
Tom Blackwood wrote:
KenL. wrote:

I'm really on the fence with this release having just had DDH Pulp a couple months ago and just recently finishing off my stash of King Citra, let's see how long it takes me to talk myself out of passing on this batch.

Cheers,

Bud
Well..........I guess I'm not on the fence anymore, I'm so pathetic, took me less than an half hour to justify I needed more beer in an already crammed beer fridge. Ok then, but it is DDH Pulp !

Cheers,

Bud

BRhoades

#16762 Post by BRhoades » September 4th, 2020, 6:04 pm

Tom Blackwood wrote:
KenL. wrote:
William Segui wrote:

Tom, looking forward to your impressions on the Green Cheek hazies. I assume you have both the DDH DIPA The Other Brian as well as the TIPA Swim Test? I'm getting ready to revisit The Other Brian in a little while.

Cheers,

Bud

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16763 Post by Andrew Kotowski » September 6th, 2020, 12:40 pm

This one probably needs to settle a bit, but a fun collab from Georgetown (one of my favorites) and Matchless (solid hit or miss). Enjoyable in a hot Seattle day, for sure.
Attachments
4CEED3AB-D18F-4AAD-872B-0B102043B564.jpeg
Instagram at @akgrill

Tom Blackwood

#16764 Post by Tom Blackwood » September 7th, 2020, 10:50 am

Wow these are all great beers. I am so lucky to have access to all of these…

Fieldworks DDH Pulp is crazy good. One of the best North Bay Hazes to date. Pick up in Napa…can’t go wrong. Thanks Will!

Treehouse Very Green is amazing. The grip but the balance. I love these DIPA’s…so many styles but balance. What is their secret? Thanks Dennis!

Green Cheek “the other Brian” is a new discovery. These beers are floral and this one is so drinkable even at 7.8%. The Swim Test is also outstanding…TIPA with great aromatics and balance. Thanks Bud!

Thanks to everyone for the great advice over the years…so many wines discovered and now some great beers Cheers!.
(ITB)

BRhoades

#16765 Post by BRhoades » September 9th, 2020, 4:27 pm

Tom Blackwood wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 10:50 am
Wow these are all great beers. I am so lucky to have access to all of these…

Fieldworks DDH Pulp is crazy good. One of the best North Bay Hazes to date. Pick up in Napa…can’t go wrong. Thanks Will!

Treehouse Very Green is amazing. The grip but the balance. I love these DIPA’s…so many styles but balance. What is their secret? Thanks Dennis!

Green Cheek “the other Brian” is a new discovery. These beers are floral and this one is so drinkable even at 7.8%. The Swim Test is also outstanding…TIPA with great aromatics and balance. Thanks Bud!

Thanks to everyone for the great advice over the years…so many wines discovered and now some great beers Cheers!.
Tom, glad you enjoyed those Green Cheek hazies, BTW, The Other Brian is actually 8.5% ABV. which is one reason it's so amazing, it drinks like an IPA in the 7+ ABV range.

Cheers,

Bud

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#16766 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 9th, 2020, 11:11 pm

Pariah Brewing Co. - "Don't Go In There! That's a Spook House!" NEIIPA
Hopped with Nelson and Simcoe
brewed with Malvasia Bianca and Chardonnay juice

Tastes like boozy o.j. -- so, basically, a screwdriver. It's good enough, but I'm very glad I bought a solo can to try, as opposed to the $23 4-pack. 8.5% alc.. Not nearly as good as the only other Pariah beer I've had.
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#16767 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 9th, 2020, 11:14 pm

in better news ...

I also was thrilled to have the opportunity to pick-up a 4 pack of Rick's Heater Allen/Wayfinder "Rauchbier Hell" rauchbier.
So, how do you say? ... HFS! Gottdamm, man!!! This is incredible. Absolutely *amazing* rauchbier! Completely peerless as far as non-German rauchbiers are concerned. This is seriously on par with Schlenkerla --- and anyone who has paid any attention whatsoever to my beer posts on this board over the past decade+ *knows* what that statement from me means.

Going to go back and buy the two or three other 4 packs I saw. Uh-maze-ing!! flirtysmile

Rick, home run, brother. Home run. You really have to send a few cans to Bamberg --- you did this proper. 10/10 if grading.

on deck: my first foray with Heater Allen - Pils. [berserker.gif]
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

Tom Blackwood

#16768 Post by Tom Blackwood » September 10th, 2020, 11:34 am

I finally was able to buy some Monkish...Space Marmalade...Double Dry Hopped (DDH) Double IPA w/ Galaxy, Rakau, and Cashmere hops. 8.6% ABV

Crazy that this beer sold out a minute after it was posted for sale.
Last edited by Tom Blackwood on September 10th, 2020, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
(ITB)

Tom Blackwood

#16769 Post by Tom Blackwood » September 10th, 2020, 11:38 am

Tom, glad you enjoyed those Green Cheek hazies, BTW, The Other Brian is actually 8.5% ABV. which is one reason it's so amazing, it drinks like an IPA in the 7+ ABV range.

Cheers,

Bud
Right...posted from memory. Enjoyed my last can of "The Other Brian" last night. A really great beer!!
(ITB)

BRhoades

#16770 Post by BRhoades » September 10th, 2020, 3:02 pm

Tom Blackwood wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 11:34 am
I finally was able to buy some Monkish...Space Marmalade...Double Dry Hopped (DDH) Double IPA w/ Galaxy, Rakau, and Cashmere hops. 8.6% ABV

Crazy that this beer sold out a minute after it was posted for sale.
Every Monkish release sells out in just a matter of minutes, their Freaky Friday release of their take on Trilliums DDH Vicinity sold out in less than a minute last Friday.

Cheers,

Bud

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16771 Post by Rick Allen » September 10th, 2020, 4:23 pm

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 11:14 pm
in better news ...

I also was thrilled to have the opportunity to pick-up a 4 pack of Rick's Heater Allen/Wayfinder "Rauchbier Hell" rauchbier.
So, how do you say? ... HFS! Gottdamm, man!!! This is incredible. Absolutely *amazing* rauchbier! Completely peerless as far as non-German rauchbiers are concerned. This is seriously on par with Schlenkerla --- and anyone who has paid any attention whatsoever to my beer posts on this board over the past decade+ *knows* what that statement from me means.

Going to go back and buy the two or three other 4 packs I saw. Uh-maze-ing!! flirtysmile

Rick, home run, brother. Home run. You really have to send a few cans to Bamberg --- you did this proper. 10/10 if grading.

on deck: my first foray with Heater Allen - Pils. [berserker.gif]
Thanks! I'll let Lisa (daughter/brewer) and Kevin (Wayfinder brewer) know. We will be brewing a Rauch Bock in the next week or two, for release in December. Lisa and I really like rauchbiers, so we plan on brewing 3 or 4 a year.

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#16772 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 11th, 2020, 12:54 pm

Thanks for passing-on my impressions to Lisa and Kevin, Rick.

Also: my wife grabbed a can from the fridge yesterday: she did this on her own, so was without any prompting from me. She loves it, too, and agrees it's on par with, but different from, Schlenkerla ---- this is because we almost always have their Urbock. I think your Hell is actually *better* than Schlenkerla's Helles, but *shhhhh* --- don't tell them that!

It certainly doesn't taste like any shortcuts were taken with your Rauchbier; most non-Bamberg rauchbiers I've had are either (1) way too light on the smoke, and/or (2) the smoke tastes artificial and gross. Not the one you, Lisa, and Kevin did. If you keep getting your Rauchbiers into the L.A. market, I'll keep buying them. :)

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16773 Post by Andrew Kotowski » September 11th, 2020, 10:38 pm

Wife pan-seared a ribeye tonight that I seasoned heavily with El Gaucho Diablo Spice. Wasn’t sure how it would turn out (spicy or no), so opted for a beer pairing at it was spot on.
Attachments
3F12257C-7A09-4C29-A174-895280D91E4F.jpeg
Instagram at @akgrill

Adam Noble
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16774 Post by Adam Noble » September 11th, 2020, 10:57 pm

Heater Allen Zwickl for me tonight with some homemade pizza. A lovely, easy drinking beer. Loads of honey and malty goodness.

Tom Blackwood

#16775 Post by Tom Blackwood » September 17th, 2020, 7:55 am

Green Cheek "Extra Gold Bird" DDH 8.6% - Another great DIPA Hazy from Green Cheek...awesome aroma's followed by a smooth yet full bodied finish.
(ITB)

BRhoades

#16776 Post by BRhoades » September 17th, 2020, 8:16 am

Tom Blackwood wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 7:55 am
Green Cheek "Extra Gold Bird" DDH 8.6% - Another great DIPA Hazy from Green Cheek...awesome aroma's followed by a smooth yet full bodied finish.
Glad to see you getting your Green Cheek shipments Tom, that is one fantastic beer I agree ! Did you pick up any Future Age ? That one is incredible as well.

Cheers,

Bud

Tom Blackwood

#16777 Post by Tom Blackwood » September 17th, 2020, 11:02 am

BRhoades wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 8:16 am
Tom Blackwood wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 7:55 am
Glad to see you getting your Green Cheek shipments Tom, that is one fantastic beer I agree ! Did you pick up any Future Age ? That one is incredible as well.

Cheers,

Bud
I sure did...will try this weekend next too the Swim Test.
(ITB)

BRhoades

#16778 Post by BRhoades » September 17th, 2020, 5:47 pm

Green Cheek Beer Co. Extra Gold Bird. DDH DIPA.8.4% ABV. Hopped with Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe hops. Gold Bird makes its second appearance of 2020, I missed out on the June release so this is my first time with this beer. Like many Green Cheek hazies this pours a beautiful milky white yellowish orange color with an inch of rocky bright white head. On the nose you get ripe crushed Dole pineapple, sweet summer peaches, hints of melon, tangerine rind, and an earthy dank piney resinous note from the Simcoe. The palate begins with that ripe Dole pineapple that transitions to sweet red grapefruits alongside mango, peach and pithy tangerine notes. This is such a refreshing juicy crushable beer despite the well hidden 8.4% ABV. All the components are carried along on a gorgeous semi soft and full body that has a perfect amount of carbonation to invite sip after sip, long bitter sweet finish. Brewery only.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

BRhoades

#16779 Post by BRhoades » September 19th, 2020, 2:41 pm

Monkish Brewing Co. DDH Vicinity. 8% ABV. Hopped and DDH'd with Galaxy and Citra hops.

Part two of these Freaky Friday releases Monkish has been doing, this time with Boston's Trillium Beer Co. If you are not familiar with the Freaky Friday format, two different breweries take on brewing another breweries recipe at their own facility using identical hop and grain bills, the only difference obviously being the water treatment. Henry takes on JC's classic DDH Vicinity while JC took on Henry's DDH Foggiest Window, both are released on an agreed Friday to each local community. What's really fun is having had the OG Trillium version to taste how Henry's stacks up against it. The end result is delicious, saturated with Galaxy and Citra it shows all the usual suspects, very flavorful tropical and stone fruit notes with zesty citrus pith on a very balanced full body. This was released two weeks ago, I had one on day one and then put the rest of the four pack away to let it meld together, it benefited greatly from the additional 14 days. A gorgeous big hoppy west coast take on a classic juicy New England DIPA. Brewery only via the online curbside pick up platform, 200 cases total.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

Glenn L e v i n e
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16780 Post by Glenn L e v i n e » September 19th, 2020, 3:18 pm

Been killing these 2016 Deschutes Abyss on draught at my local place, aged on-site in their cellar.

Fantastic!
BE460494-A401-42D8-AD64-71669D4CAFF8.jpeg
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

Tom Blackwood

#16781 Post by Tom Blackwood » September 19th, 2020, 6:03 pm

BRhoades wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 2:41 pm

Monkish Brewing Co. DDH Vicinity. 8% ABV. Hopped and DDH'd with Galaxy and Citra hops.

Part two of these Freaky Friday releases Monkish has been doing, this time with Boston's Trillium Beer Co. If you are not familiar with the Freaky Friday format, two different breweries take on brewing another breweries recipe at their own facility using identical hop and grain bills, the only difference obviously being the water treatment. Henry takes on JC's classic DDH Vicinity while JC took on Henry's DDH Foggiest Window, both are released on an agreed Friday to each local community. What's really fun is having had the OG Trillium version to taste how Henry's stacks up against it. The end result is delicious, saturated with Galaxy and Citra it shows all the usual suspects, very flavorful tropical and stone fruit notes with zesty citrus pith on a very balanced full body. This was released two weeks ago, I had one on day one and then put the rest of the four pack away to let it meld together, it benefited greatly from the additional 14 days. A gorgeous big hoppy west coast take on a classic juicy New England DIPA. Brewery only via the online curbside pick up platform, 200 cases total.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
Great note Bud! What is the shelf life on a Monkish? Hazy IPA's in general? I read your comment about new Monkish releases needing a few weeks to integrate.
(ITB)

BRhoades

#16782 Post by BRhoades » September 19th, 2020, 6:58 pm

Tom Blackwood wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 6:03 pm
BRhoades wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 2:41 pm

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
Great note Bud! What is the shelf life on a Monkish? Hazy IPA's in general? I read your comment about new Monkish releases needing a few weeks to integrate.
Great question Tom, most Monkish DIPAs are DDH'd so they have the stuffing to age better than others. I have had Monkish TIPA's at five weeks that are just beginning to flourish. Henrys beers in general get better with a couple weeks on them and most are still in their prime at 6-8 weeks out. If you are fortunate to have a few cans of each recipe try one asap and then revisit in 7-10 days.

Hope that helps,

Bud

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#16783 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 20th, 2020, 3:19 pm

I'm a couple weeks late in posting this, but not really because the experience has been repeated about 10 times now ...

... this can also be filed in the Everyone Already Knows This file, but here I go anyways ...

*finally* had a chance to try the Heater Allen - Pils ... once again, this is a HFS! beer. Easily, and I do mean easily, the best American Pilsener I've ever had. Quite frankly, it's probably my *favorite* Pils I've ever had. Bought a couple 4 packs to start with. Went back and bought two more at the same time I bought the last two four-packs of the Heater Allen/Wayfinder - Rachbier Hell in said same store. This Pils is soooooo damn crushable! It is, literally, everything I want in a Pilsener.

... and, as far as that Rauchbier goes ... the more I drink it, the more I wonder if I like it *more* than my beloved Schenkerla "Urbock". Just as with the Pils, it is amazingly drinkable. I'm about six cans away for each of them from being in a state of panic. ... man, if lagers were generally this good I'd drink them *a lot* more!

Bravo, Rick!!! and Thank you!

ClarkstonMark
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16784 Post by ClarkstonMark » September 20th, 2020, 3:37 pm

It would not surprise me at all that I would prefer Heater Allen’s Rauchbier over Schenkerla as well. And I also love Schenkerla.
It’s been a perfect Michigan fall weekend - spent it dong a couple great hikes and now drinking a Bell’s 35th Anniversary Expedition Stout. This is just perfect today.
I bought a single 4 pack this week, and I really should get a lot more of this.
Attachments
F95BABE1-844D-4EFC-A80E-CE7D5EFE18F6.jpeg
Mark Cronmiller
White Lake, MI

BryanLager DBA

#16785 Post by BryanLager DBA » September 22nd, 2020, 3:47 pm

Red Mountain Brewing Oktoberfest/ Marzen

Tom Blackwood

#16786 Post by Tom Blackwood » September 22nd, 2020, 4:02 pm

Busy long weekend enjoying some great beers...
Pliny for President on draft at Hop Creek
Other Half - All Galaxy Everything
Monkish - Space Marmalade
Green Cheek - Swim Test & Future Age TIPA's
Tree House - Julius
(ITB)

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#16787 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 23rd, 2020, 12:26 am

ClarkstonMark wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 3:37 pm
It would not surprise me at all that I would prefer Heater Allen’s Rauchbier over Schenkerla as well. And I also love Schenkerla.
It’s been a perfect Michigan fall weekend - spent it dong a couple great hikes and now drinking a Bell’s 35th Anniversary Expedition Stout. This is just perfect today.
I bought a single 4 pack this week, and I really should get a lot more of this.
oooooh, man, you're killin' me with that Bell's! Did they do anything different with Expedition for the anniversary? Bell's is so damn good --- I think, through time, my preferences in their lineup has run the gamut of their ales. Sadly, not many of their stouts make it out to CA, but I'm glad we get what we do, which has improved over the years.

How do you rank the Schlenkerla brews? Of the ones I've tried, I think I go Urbock, Marzen/Helles (depending on mood), Weizen, Dopplebock.

Timothy WilsonDBA

#16788 Post by Timothy WilsonDBA » September 24th, 2020, 6:40 am

I prefer light, preferably Czech or German. Favorite - Pilsner. Although our dear Budweiser is also nothing. But Czech is better.

William Segui
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16789 Post by William Segui » September 26th, 2020, 5:06 pm

Fieldwork - Becky The Duck. This one flies a bit under the radar, don’t recall it being canned before. Anyhow it’s up and one of my favorites. Citra & Idaho7

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#16790 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 27th, 2020, 1:06 am

ESBC - "Mayberry" IPA
North Park - "Hop Fu" IPA

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#16791 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 29th, 2020, 1:29 pm

tried a couple from a new-to-me brewery out of Santa Rosa, CA: Cooperage Brewing Co.

"Metal Peacock" NEIPA --- with Citra, Mosaic, and NZ Rakau; 7.4%
"Steady Drippin" DDH NEIIPA --- with Nelson, Galaxy, and Simcoe; 9%

Both are very good, although the Steady Drippin' is a bit sweet/heavy for me. The Metal Peacock is downright awesome. I thought, given the respective hop bills, that I'd like Steady Drippin' more, but turns out that is not the case.

They are offering $25 shipping within CA on case orders (or a certain quantity of crowlers). Case is 6 x 4-packs (16oz cans). So shipping is about a buck a can --- not bad. Price on the website for the beer is about what I paid in a local store, if not a dollar or two more expensive. The Metal Peacock is worth it, as is the Steady Drippin' if you know you have a higher alc. tolerance than I do.

Tom Blackwood

#16792 Post by Tom Blackwood » October 1st, 2020, 7:49 am

Some more great beers the past week...
Trillium "Max Headroom"
Tree House "Perfect Storm"
Tree House "Juice Machine"
Monkish "Sticky Traffic"
(ITB)

William Segui
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16793 Post by William Segui » October 7th, 2020, 10:59 am

Tom Blackwood wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 7:49 am
Some more great beers the past week...
Trillium "Max Headroom"
Tree House "Perfect Storm"
Tree House "Juice Machine"
Monkish "Sticky Traffic"
Tom -- grab a 4 pack of King Citra @ Fieldwork. This is a particularly delicious batch imo.

Tom Blackwood

#16794 Post by Tom Blackwood » October 7th, 2020, 1:07 pm

Will do...Thanks Will! Love the DDH Pulp (still have 2 cans)...competes with the best as you mentioned.
(ITB)

Michael james

#16795 Post by Michael james » October 14th, 2020, 10:06 pm

i drink Wheat Beer

Tom Blackwood

#16796 Post by Tom Blackwood » October 18th, 2020, 9:41 pm

For the Monkish fans in Northern California...they have a shipping offer (~$168 for 24 cans) available right now. No bots yet.

BUMPER CONES⠀
Double Dry Hopped (DDH) Double IPA w/ Citra, Simcoe, and Galaxy hops. 8.5% ABV

Go Rays!!
(ITB)

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16797 Post by Andrew Kotowski » October 19th, 2020, 5:06 am

Always enjoy Fremont’s BBA Dark Star like-up. Local place is discounting down to $20, so I bought a couple. Chocolate goodness, masquerading as a beer.
Attachments
521170DD-BEA5-477F-BCCF-4320B18E5BFB.jpeg
Instagram at @akgrill

Tom Blackwood

#16798 Post by Tom Blackwood » October 19th, 2020, 12:48 pm

Tom Blackwood wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 9:41 pm
For the Monkish fans in Northern California...they have a shipping offer (~$168 for 24 cans) available right now. No bots yet.

BUMPER CONES⠀

Go Rays!!
False Alarm...they had it up their for 30 minutes and pulled it. Still getting my purchase.
(ITB)

BRhoades

#16799 Post by BRhoades » October 21st, 2020, 9:38 am

Tom Blackwood wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 12:48 pm
Tom Blackwood wrote:

BUMPER CONES⠀

Go Rays!!
False Alarm...they had it up their for 30 minutes and pulled it. Still getting my purchase.
I think you'll really enjoy Bumper Cones Tom.

Cheers,

Bud

Tom Blackwood

#16800 Post by Tom Blackwood » October 21st, 2020, 10:17 am

BRhoades wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 9:38 am
Tom Blackwood wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 12:48 pm
Tom Blackwood wrote:

BUMPER CONES⠀

Go Rays!!
I think you'll really enjoy Bumper Cones Tom.

Cheers,

Bud
Yes I did Bud...had a can last night. Classic Monkish but already drinking great.

Shipping offer at 11:11am today for those in California.
(ITB)

Return to “Beer and Spirits”