What BEER are you drinking?

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
BRhoades

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16001 Post by BRhoades » April 15th, 2019, 7:21 pm

Modern Times Beer. DDH MT5! DIPA. 8.4% ABV. Double Dry Hopped with Nelson and Motueka hops.

Originally brewed as the Modern Times 5th Anniversary DIPA last year. For this months on-line sale they re-released it as a DDH take on the OG. From the gorgeous milky yellow color to the huge Nelson driven nose this beer just rips out of the gate. Flavors are a potpourri of over ripe tropical goodness, sweet pineapples, mango, papaya, passion fruit and kiwi followed by sweet tangerine, nectarine and peach mid-palate. The body is pillowy soft from the oat additions yet finishes long, dry and bitter sweet. I am huge MT fan and have had my fair share of their NE styled IPA/DIPAs and IMHO this is the best they have done. It's at or above the top tier Monkish masterpieces. Can's are still available at some MT locations, seek this one out, you will not be disappointed.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16002 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 15th, 2019, 10:57 pm

BRhoades wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 6:58 pm
Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 3:27 pm
A couple excellent hazies from Modern Times:
DDH MT5
Stencil Crew
Brian, the new batch of DDH MT5! is off the charts amazing. I dare say it's the best DIPA they have ever brewed, this one is on the Monkish level or better, love the 2nd vintage of Stencil as well, but that DDHMT5! YOWZA!

Cheers,

Bud
Agreed.

I ordered pours of each, and was very impressed. Then brought 4 packs of each home. As soon as the tender handed me the 4 pack of Stencil Crew I recognized the art, but I don't remember liking it this much.

... and that DDH MT5 --- flirtysmile On. Point. I loved MT5, but this is even better! Now that I think about it, I routinely prefer the DDH versions of beers I like. Have you found the same? And that question goes out to everybody ---- do you tend to prefer DDH versions to regular versions?
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

Jhart
Contributor
Contributor

#16003 Post by Jhart » April 16th, 2019, 4:39 am

April 15th, 2019, 10:57 pm
... and that DDH MT5 --- flirtysmile On. Point. I loved MT5, but this is even better! Now that I think about it, I routinely prefer the DDH versions of beers I like. Have you found the same? And that question goes out to everybody ---- do you tend to prefer DDH versions to regular versions?
There are a few examples where I find that Double dry hopping a beer takes it out of balance (Sixpoint’s Hi-Res is one), but I usually enjoy DDH versions more than the regular. One of the best breweries I have access to here in Pensacola (Parish) even does a quad dry hopped version of their flagship pale ale.
John

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16004 Post by Andrew Kotowski » April 16th, 2019, 4:23 pm

FWIW - FiftyFifty futures on sale for some of their barrel aged stuff. Half-off, given they're futures. Will probably pass, but the Vietnamese Coffee one has me on the fence...

https://fiftyfiftybrewing.com/shop/eclipse-futures.html
You can find me at the grill! Https://www.instagram.com/akgrill

BRhoades

#16005 Post by BRhoades » April 16th, 2019, 5:24 pm

April 15th, 2019, 10:57 pm
BRhoades wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 6:58 pm
April 15th, 2019, 3:27 pm
A couple excellent hazies from Modern Times:
DDH MT5
Stencil Crew
Brian, the new batch of DDH MT5! is off the charts amazing. I dare say it's the best DIPA they have ever brewed, this one is on the Monkish level or better, love the 2nd vintage of Stencil as well, but that DDHMT5! YOWZA!

Cheers,

Bud
Agreed.

I ordered pours of each, and was very impressed. Then brought 4 packs of each home. As soon as the tender handed me the 4 pack of Stencil Crew I recognized the art, but I don't remember liking it this much.

Brian, I find I enjoy most DDH beers more than a single hop addition beer. It also has a lot to do with how much a brewery actually " double dry hops " There are many that tell me that one brewery's DDH can be another brewery's single hopped effort when it comes to actual hop content. I know Henry@Monkish uses a shit ton of hops in all of his recipes and his DDH'd beers are insanely hopped, probably why I like them so much and why they taste so much more explosive than the single hopped version of the same beer, much like Modern Times DDH MT5!, fantastic as a single hopped beer but mind bending when DDH'd

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on April 16th, 2019, 5:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.

BRhoades

#16006 Post by BRhoades » April 16th, 2019, 5:38 pm

Monkish Brewing Co. Really Real. DIPA. 8.3% ABV. Hopped with Galaxy hops.

This returns 6 months after it's last release and as a lover of single varietal hopped beers I always look forward to this one. Pours a nice hazy yellowish orange with an inch of tight packed bubbles. Galaxy has amazing aromatic qualities from ripe pineapple to sweet citrus fruits and they're evident on the nose. Flavors follow the nose with more of that juicy sweet pineapple before transitioning mid palate to more bitter sweet citrus fruits like red grapefruit and tangerine. Really Real has a more west coast mouth feel that's crisp and dry and finishes like a traditional west coast IPA, long dry and bitter sweet. Really Real is available at the brewery for tap pours and growler fills. If you love west coast IPAs with a bit of NE IPA DNA this is a beer you should try.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16007 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 16th, 2019, 10:26 pm

Hmmm...that sounds really good, Bud! I think I had it previously, but don't recall what I thought of it.

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

Scott Tallman

#16008 Post by Scott Tallman » April 18th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Bud/Brian/Andrew - here’s your chance to be more than just consumers of MT beer, but (tiny minority) owners of the company!

https://wefunder.com/moderntimesbeer
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

BRhoades

#16009 Post by BRhoades » April 19th, 2019, 11:01 am

Scott Tallman wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Bud/Brian/Andrew - here’s your chance to be more than just consumers of MT beer, but (tiny minority) owners of the company!

I got an email from them earlier this week. As an investment it's laughable, this is aimed at the MT fan that for $252 per share can say they are part owners of one of the best breweries in the country, kind of like my " ownership " of my beloved Green Bay Packers !

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on April 19th, 2019, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott Tallman

#16010 Post by Scott Tallman » April 19th, 2019, 12:58 pm

BRhoades wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 11:01 am
Scott Tallman wrote:

I got an email from them earlier this week. As an investment it's laughable, this is aimed at the MT fan that for $252 per share can say they are part owners of one if the best breweries in the country, kind of like my " ownership " of my beloved Green Bay Packers !

Cheers,

Bud
Exactly, the whole point of crowdfunding! I’m interested to see whether they raise up to the investment cap and, if so, how quickly.

A hotly anticipated Seattle start-up Farmhouse brewery, Fair Isle (expected opening around August), relied on a combination of a traditional equity private placement to accredited investors and a crowdfunding revenue notes offering. They raised the money they sought, although I think the crowdfunding cap wasn’t hit until close to the closing date after being open for a few months.
CT - WestbyGod

BRhoades

#16011 Post by BRhoades » April 19th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Scott Tallman wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 12:58 pm
BRhoades wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 11:01 am
Scott Tallman wrote:

I got an email from them earlier this week. As an investment it's laughable, this is aimed at the MT fan that for $252 per share can say they are part owners of one if the best breweries in the country, kind of like my " ownership " of my beloved Green Bay Packers !

Cheers,

Bud
Exactly, the whole point of crowdfunding! I’m interested to see whether they raise up to the investment cap and, if so, how quickly.

A hotly anticipated Seattle start-up Farmhouse brewery, Fair Isle (expected opening around August), relied on a combination of a traditional equity private placement to accredited investors and a crowdfunding revenue notes offering. They raised the money they sought, although I think the crowdfunding cap wasn’t hit until close to the closing date after being open for a few months.
The cap is right around a million if I recall, this will be interesting to follow.

Cheers,

Bud

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16012 Post by Rick Allen » April 19th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Scott Tallman wrote:

As an investment I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole. They lost a lot of money in both 2017 and 2018, and I found this kind of funny:
Our cash in hand is $743,164, as of April 2019. Over the three months prior, revenues averaged $2,546,180/month, cost of goods sold has averaged $1,808,083/month, and operational expenses have averaged $738,083/month.
Revenues - $2,546,180/mo, Operational expenses (without interest) - $2,546,166/mo, EBITDAE - $14/mo That will cover a lot of interest! I wonder if their bankers are getting nervous...

I hate irrational competitors, and MT fits in that category.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16013 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 19th, 2019, 2:05 pm

Seems pricey.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16014 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 19th, 2019, 2:06 pm

had one of El Segundo Brewing's - "Drop Shadow" NEIPA. Damn. This is legit-good, and I would expect nothing less from them. AFAIK, this is the first full-on hazy they've done, and they've knocked it out of the park. For the style, moderately priced at $15 for a 4-pack of pints. I will buy again.

Scott Tallman

#16015 Post by Scott Tallman » April 19th, 2019, 3:53 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 1:54 pm
Scott Tallman wrote:

As an investment I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole. They lost a lot of money in both 2017 and 2018, and I found this kind of funny:
Our cash in hand is $743,164, as of April 2019. Over the three months prior, revenues averaged $2,546,180/month, cost of goods sold has averaged $1,808,083/month, and operational expenses have averaged $738,083/month.
Revenues - $2,546,180/mo, Operational expenses (without interest) - $2,546,166/mo, EBITDAE - $14/mo That will cover a lot of interest! I wonder if their bankers are getting nervous...

To be clear, I was/am not recommending anyone invest. Merely found it amusing/interesting.

In fact, listen to the finance/brewer above, and stick to MT cans and pints if you enjoy their beer.
CT - WestbyGod

Scott Tallman

#16016 Post by Scott Tallman » April 19th, 2019, 4:00 pm

Just had The Hollow Pilsner from Kent Falls Brewing (Kent, CT). Never heard of this brewery before - apparently they are a working farm brewery that grows their own hops. Definitely better than most of the Pilsners being rushed to market to jump on the Pilsner bandwagon, especially those made in WA, but still a notch below my favorites.

And Rick, I drank this at Bottleworks, which only had maybe 4 bottles of your beer on the shelves (all Dunkel). Please send us more soon, specifically cans of Pils and Das Bier. It’s spring, which means it’s Lager (and Saison) season. I’ve still got plenty of Saison, but I’m all out of lagers. [cheers.gif]
CT - WestbyGod

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16017 Post by Rick Allen » April 19th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Unfortunately Patrick isn't planning on heading north until early May - we're canning Lenzbock and more Pils on 4/30, and he doesn't want to head up until we have more beer. I may have another, sooner alternative. If it comes about, I'll PM you.

BRhoades

#16018 Post by BRhoades » April 19th, 2019, 4:16 pm

Scott Tallman wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 3:53 pm
Rick Allen wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 1:54 pm
Scott Tallman wrote:

To be clear, I was/am not recommending anyone invest. Merely found it amusing/interesting.

In fact, listen to the finance/brewer above, and stick to MT cans and pints if you enjoy their beer.
As of today after three days they are at 50% to cap, really people ? They are obviously extremely over extended and need free capital to finish both Anaheim and Santa Barbara sites. Love their beers but not the business models.

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on April 19th, 2019, 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Scott Tallman

#16019 Post by Scott Tallman » April 19th, 2019, 4:17 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 4:12 pm
Unfortunately Patrick isn't planning on heading north until early May - we're canning Lenzbock and more Pils on 4/30, and he doesn't want to head up until we have more beer. I may have another, sooner alternative. If it comes about, I'll PM you.
Excellent. If I have to wait until May, I’ll be forced to drive across Seattle to other places that may still have your beer in stock. Probably faster for me to just drive to your brewery with the shitshow that is Seattle traffic. [wow.gif]
CT - WestbyGod

BRhoades

#16020 Post by BRhoades » April 19th, 2019, 4:20 pm

April 19th, 2019, 2:06 pm
had one of El Segundo Brewing's - "Drop Shadow" NEIPA. Damn. This is legit-good, and I would expect nothing less from them. AFAIK, this is the first full-on hazy they've done, and they've knocked it out of the park. For the style, moderately priced at $15 for a 4-pack of pints. I will buy again.
Ive been hearing very good things about this one Brian, thanks for the post.

Cheers,

Bud

Scott Tallman

#16021 Post by Scott Tallman » April 19th, 2019, 4:20 pm

People are always willing to make terrible investments (see Lyft IPO or Pets.com). At least the SEC’s crowdfunding rules cap how much individuals can invest to such small amounts that a complete loss should not be financially ruinous.
CT - WestbyGod

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16022 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 19th, 2019, 4:58 pm

BRhoades wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Cheers,

Bud
Bud,
No way will you be disappointed. Buy buy buy!

BRhoades

#16023 Post by BRhoades » April 19th, 2019, 5:00 pm

Scott Tallman wrote:
People are always willing to make terrible investments (see Lyft IPO or Pets.com). At least the SEC’s crowdfunding rules cap how much individuals can invest to such small amounts that a complete loss should not be financially ruinous.
Yea but look how many new money brew boiz are driving around San Diego as new owners of Modern Times tonight ! Oh the perks that will get em [wow.gif]

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on April 19th, 2019, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRhoades

#16024 Post by BRhoades » April 19th, 2019, 5:02 pm

April 19th, 2019, 4:58 pm
BRhoades wrote:

Cheers,

Bud
Bud,
No way will you be disappointed. Buy buy buy!
Said in his best Colin Cowherd voice !

Cheers,

Bud

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16025 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 19th, 2019, 6:27 pm

[wink.gif] How did you know?!?

Also: picked up a 4pack of Beachwood's Simcoast IPA today. You had it yet?

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16026 Post by Andrew Kotowski » April 19th, 2019, 8:35 pm

Fort George Crysknife IPA - great beer. On the off chance you see this and like hazy/OJ IPAs, I’d jump on it.

Deschutes Abyss - as always, fantastic on tap. Will be in Bend in a couple of weeks and we’ll be dropping in to grab this from the source.

Fremont Head Full of Dynamite 10 - good, but not all that exciting - the story of most Fremont beers

BRhoades

#16027 Post by BRhoades » April 20th, 2019, 11:55 am

April 19th, 2019, 6:27 pm
[wink.gif] How did you know?!?

Also: picked up a 4pack of Beachwood's Simcoast IPA today. You had it yet?
Love it !

Cheers,

Bud

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16028 Post by Andrew Kotowski » April 20th, 2019, 12:29 pm

Re: MT stock - curious if you get a four pack of 16 oz cans per share? At after-market pricing, $252/four pack of one of their collab beers is almost break-even *smirk*

BRhoades

#16029 Post by BRhoades » April 20th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 12:29 pm
Re: MT stock - curious if you get a four pack of 16 oz cans per share? At after-market pricing, $252/four pack of one of their collab beers is almost break-even *smirk*
75% Reserved after 3 days. I'm speechless.

Cheers,

Bud

BRhoades

#16030 Post by BRhoades » April 20th, 2019, 4:13 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 12:29 pm

I've seen some of their highly sought after pastry stouts come close to a share price.

Cheers,

Bud

Scott Tallman

#16031 Post by Scott Tallman » April 20th, 2019, 8:15 pm

Chuckanut Single Hop Lager (Vic Secret) - Not sure if Chuckanut followed Heater Allen’s lead in creating a single Hop Pils with a non-traditional pils Hop (apparently their prior effort was with Citra), but this was a solid effort. Not better than their regular Pils or HA’s single Hop Pils. I do see these beers as the gateway drug for luring Hop heads to drink Pils. Hook them with a hoppy Pils (esp one with a Hop they know from IPAs), then once their palate is destroyed from years of Hop bombs, sours, and triple barrel aged candy stouts, you’ll have a captive customer. [snort.gif]

Oxbow Cohesion - dry hopped with Citra. A very good modern, hoppy Saison with a dry finish, but I kept thinking how I prefer my Saisons (1) to be led by the yeast profile (Blaugies, Dupont), not the hops, and (2) (mostly) with old school hops, not recent Hop (eg, Citra, Mosaic, etc), even when I love those hops in other beer styles.

Thiriez Extra - like a cross of a dry, hoppy Saison and English bitter. Refreshing, spicy, hoppy, and low ABV. Could drink a lot of this on a warm day.
CT - WestbyGod

Scott Tallman

#16032 Post by Scott Tallman » April 20th, 2019, 8:22 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 8:35 pm
Fort George Crysknife IPA - great beer. On the off chance you see this and like hazy/OJ IPAs, I’d jump on it.

Deschutes Abyss - as always, fantastic on tap. Will be in Bend in a couple of weeks and we’ll be dropping in to grab this from the source.

Fremont Head Full of Dynamite 10 - good, but not all that exciting - the story of most Fremont beers
I’m waiting for 3-Way, but if I see the Crysknife, I’ll give it a try.

Have you tried Fremont’s Sky Kraken Hazy Pale? Not great, but one of the few Fremont beers I’d happily drink.

Not an Abyss fan, but had a bottle a fellow Berserker left at my house (2016 aged in Scotch IIRC). My neighbor opened it the other night. One sip and I bowed out. He proceeded to drink entire bottle. And wobbled and stumbled his way across the street to his house.
CT - WestbyGod

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16033 Post by Rick Allen » April 21st, 2019, 10:16 am

We had the owner of Moonlight Brewing stop by and hang out for a few hours yesterday. Moonlight makes some other stuff, but their big beers are Reality Czech Pilsner and Death and Taxes - a black lager. It's always good to compare ideas with someone trying to do the same thing that we are.

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16034 Post by Andrew Kotowski » April 21st, 2019, 11:25 am

Scotch-aged Abyss was a bit much, imho!

BRhoades

#16035 Post by BRhoades » April 27th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Suarez Family Brewing, Merkel Morello 2018 Harvest. Farmhouse ale. 5% ABV with fresh Morello Cherries.

This is all about the Morello cherries. Tart and sweet. The nose smells like you just hand crushed a few bushels of these cherries. The color is gorgeous and the head is a wispy pink cloud of tight packed bubbles. There is a hint of lightly toasted oak that shadows the complexity of the fruit. The beer is crisp, bone dry and utterly crushable at 5% ABV. Thank you Greg for this amazing treat, one of the best fruited farmhouse ales I have had in a long while.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

BRhoades

#16036 Post by BRhoades » April 28th, 2019, 2:12 pm

Other Half Brewing Co.All 5th Anniversary Imperial Stout with Banana. 15.4% ABV. This was brewed with wild Thai banana, vanilla,coconut, toasted coconut and macadamia nuts. This pours a beautiful deep dark chocolate color with a wispy tan head. The aromatics are incredible, coconut macaroons, freshly baked banana bread, dense gooey fudge brownies, and fragrant vanilla beans. Flavor's pretty much follow the nose, layers of fudge brownie, coconut, salty roasted macadamia nuts and sweet ripe banana all delivered on a viscous pillowy soft body that somehow drinks lighter than the 15% ABV would have you think, there is also a very tantalizing salinity with this beer that cuts through all those liquid pastry accents. Served at just above cellar temp this opened up over the course of a couple hours to deliver one of the most decadent satisfying pastry stout experience's I can recall. Huge thank you to Greg M for this memorable bottle.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

Jim Stewart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16037 Post by Jim Stewart » April 30th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Tree House Brewing – Alter Ego, NEIPA, 6.8%

First ever Tree House for me. I detoured our last day of driving back from FL to MA last week to swing by the Charlton MA location. They had a good selection of recently canned beers and after waiting in line for about one hour I came away with a case, arranged as “variety” six-packs of 6 different beers. One pack for my son, one for my neighbor who keeps an eye out while we are in FL, one for me, and one to be decided. I also was allowed to buy a single can of King Julius, which I will share with my son.

Alter Ego has a different dry hop treatment of the same base beer that is in their well-known Julius, hence the name. I poured it fully into my Duvel glass. Hazy orange juice/mango juice color, topped by billowy soft white head. Aroma is never a strong point for me, but citrus and tropical scents are there. First sip: grapefruit and mango with a firm hoppy, maybe a bit “piney” grippy aftertaste. Not bitter, but firm and lasting (like minutes) and difficult to describe – coats, grips, holds on. The dry hops are Mosaic and Amarillo for the hop cognoscenti. I am enjoying this, and maybe I am a bit surprised that it is not just a juice bomb by any means. Looking forward to tasting the rest of my six pack.
IMG_3505.JPG
An aged man is but a paltry thing,
A tattered coat upon a stick, unless
Soul clap its hands and sing

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16038 Post by Andrew Kotowski » April 30th, 2019, 7:17 pm

Bottled on 11/2015. Good stuff. I remember this having a much more pronounced chili/red pepper flavor that just isn’t there any more.
Attachments
4F748996-836F-4795-AF22-57E38524F046.jpeg

ClarkstonMark
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16039 Post by ClarkstonMark » April 30th, 2019, 7:51 pm

Jim Stewart wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 5:42 pm
Tree House Brewing – Alter Ego, NEIPA, 6.8%

First ever Tree House for me. I detoured our last day of driving back from FL to MA last week to swing by the Charlton MA location. They had a good selection of recently canned beers and after waiting in line for about one hour I came away with a case, arranged as “variety” six-packs of 6 different beers. One pack for my son, one for my neighbor who keeps an eye out while we are in FL, one for me, and one to be decided. I also was allowed to buy a single can of King Julius, which I will share with my son.

Alter Ego has a different dry hop treatment of the same base beer that is in their well-known Julius, hence the name. I poured it fully into my Duvel glass. Hazy orange juice/mango juice color, topped by billowy soft white head. Aroma is never a strong point for me, but citrus and tropical scents are there. First sip: grapefruit and mango with a firm hoppy, maybe a bit “piney” grippy aftertaste. Not bitter, but firm and lasting (like minutes) and difficult to describe – coats, grips, holds on. The dry hops are Mosaic and Amarillo for the hop cognoscenti. I am enjoying this, and maybe I am a bit surprised that it is not just a juice bomb by any means. Looking forward to tasting the rest of my six pack.

IMG_3505.JPG
That’s a really great beer tasting note.
Crazy that you can walk into Tree House and walk out with 15 cases of beer these days
Mark Cronmiller
White Lake, MI

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16040 Post by Andrew Kotowski » May 2nd, 2019, 7:59 pm

When in Oregon...
Attachments
DD5C9BDA-7FD8-40E6-819F-5BD3C6F8F72F.jpeg

Jim Stewart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16041 Post by Jim Stewart » May 3rd, 2019, 5:27 pm

Haze – Tree House Brewing NE DIPA

The second can of my mixed Tree House introductory six-pack. Color is juicy haze – looks like pineapple juice to me. Nice fluffy head. Mixed fruit and spice nose. Nutmeg maybe?! First taste: PINK GRAPEFRUIT! Not sweet grapefruit. Not bitter grapefruit. The kind where if you left off the sugar you could still enjoy it without cringing. Further sips reveal other citrus and tropical flavors - some of the usual suspects: orange, mango, pineapple. It is a “controlled” juice bomb: balanced, targeted, no collateral damage. Pleasant lingering aftertaste. Nothing piney to me, just some more juiciness hanging around. This is 8.2%, but you would not know it (at least not until later maybe. . . will see). I really like this beer. If you are willing to wait in line for an hour or so in Charleton, MA , you too could enjoy this excellent beer. Highly recommended.
IMG_3515.JPG

BRhoades

#16042 Post by BRhoades » May 3rd, 2019, 6:50 pm

Jim Stewart wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 5:27 pm

The second can of my mixed Tree House introductory six-pack. Color is juicy haze – looks like pineapple juice to me. Nice fluffy head. Mixed fruit and spice nose. Nutmeg maybe?! First taste: PINK GRAPEFRUIT! Not sweet grapefruit. Not bitter grapefruit. The kind where if you left off the sugar you could still enjoy it without cringing. Further sips reveal other citrus and tropical flavors - some of the usual suspects: orange, mango, pineapple. It is a “controlled” juice bomb: balanced, targeted, no collateral damage. Pleasant lingering aftertaste. Nothing piney to me, just some more juiciness hanging around. This is 8.2%, but you would not know it (at least not until later maybe. . . will see). I really like this beer. If you are willing to wait in line for an hour or so in Charleton, MA , you too could enjoy this excellent beer. Highly recommended.
IMG_3515.JPG
Welcome to the wonderful flavorful world of Tree House Jim !

Cheers,

Bud

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16043 Post by Andrew Kotowski » May 4th, 2019, 4:12 pm

This was great.
Attachments
7B41A930-EB3C-4223-8FB7-630F139C1861.jpeg

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16044 Post by Rick Allen » May 5th, 2019, 11:37 am

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 7:59 pm
When in Oregon...
Nice haul!

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16045 Post by Mark Y » May 6th, 2019, 9:56 pm

Jim Stewart wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 5:27 pm

IMG_3515.JPG
The greatness that is Treeeeeeeeee
Y.e.

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16046 Post by Mark Y » May 6th, 2019, 10:05 pm

A few bottles from the last couple months

Y.e.

GMcCarthy

#16047 Post by GMcCarthy » May 7th, 2019, 8:49 am

Looks like you are drinking well Mark. The few Floodlands I have had made me want to search them out some more.
Greg McCarthy
itb:beer

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16048 Post by Andrew Kotowski » May 7th, 2019, 12:18 pm

Mark, we need to meet up some time. I work in Lincoln Square, so has to be pretty damn close to where you're at, at least when you're not on a beach ;)

Maybe it'll be enough to get Scott to finally cross-over to the dreaded 4-2-5.

Scott Tallman

#16049 Post by Scott Tallman » May 7th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 12:18 pm
Mark, we need to meet up some time. I work in Lincoln Square, so has to be pretty damn close to where you're at, at least when you're not on a beach ;)

Maybe it'll be enough to get Scott to finally cross-over to the dreaded 4-2-5.
Only on a bike [wow.gif]
CT - WestbyGod

Jim Stewart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16050 Post by Jim Stewart » May 7th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Tree House very green, NE DIPA, 8.3%
My, my , my . . . what to say about this? Mel Torme was a singer back in the day. His nickname was "The Velvet Fog", because of the beautiful smoothness of his voice. This beer is a liquid velvet fog. The mouthfeel is amazing! The flavor is amazing! A difference for me in this beer is the notable malt presence, to go along with all the hop citrusy stuff that I tasted in my previous two Tree House beers. Easy to drink. Very enjoyable. BALANCED! SMOOTH! DELICIOUS!.
One of the best beers that I have ever tasted.
IMG_3531.JPG

Return to “Beer and Spirits”