What BEER are you drinking?

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
jbray23

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#15801 Post by jbray23 » December 10th, 2018, 9:09 pm

Scott Tallman wrote:
December 8th, 2018, 9:35 am
Travis @llen wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 8:18 pm
Thanks Scott! That was great! Loved that Floodland ToL!
The Floodland Transmigration of Light was my BOTN. I would not pay the secondary market prices for it, but a damn good beer and I wish I’d bought more.

All the beers were good, but my other fav beers of night were the Arizona Wilderness Peach Sour, the Floodland passionfruit beer, the aged Westy XII (quadruples still aren’t my thing, but having tried an aged example I have better appreciation for the hype; I’d still take Westy 8 all day long), the Focal Banger IPA, and the Structures Juice on Juice IPA.
One of these days I’ll be able to get out again, sorry I couldn’t make it...
Jason, back itb

ERPark

#15802 Post by ERPark » December 10th, 2018, 10:30 pm

BRhoades wrote:
December 5th, 2018, 6:20 pm

Monkish Brewing Co. Liquid Flows 8.5% DIPA 100% Nelson Sauvin hopped. A couple months ago I reviewed Broadcasting Live, the 100% Nelson hopped DIPA that was absolutely amazing, probably the best Nelson hopped beer I've ever had. Well Saturday Henry unleashed this beast on the world. It's simply a DDH version of BL. So take all the gorgeous traits associated with BL and double them and you have Liquid Flows. Absolutely mind blowing, move over Broadcasting Live your big sibling just arrived. Can's only but at 4 4packs PP there is a lot of it in the trading community. If your a Nelson freek like I am, do anything you can to grab a can of this.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
A little late to reply to this, but I lucked into this can release while in town for the vintage Krug dinner. Wifey and I had never been to Monkish, and we got there early for what we thought would be their normal noon opening time on Saturday. Nope, can release! We were only in line for a bit over an hour, which we heard from various people we met in the tap room who were further ahead of us that they had similar wait times. Buddies who've shipped me stuff were more than happy to Hoover up the 4-packs I offered to them.

Liquid Flows is very good. But we both preferred the Water Balloon Fight Club when compared side by side in the tap room (it was available on tap on the release day). The Citra hops in WBFC won out.....
GEN3

JeromeHan

#15803 Post by JeromeHan » December 11th, 2018, 8:31 am

Love how saisons with a little bit of age develop.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15804 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » December 11th, 2018, 9:53 pm

BRhoades wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 6:45 pm

Beachwood Brewing. 28 Haze Later. IPA. 6.8% ABV. Hopped with Galaxy Mosaic and Citra hops. Of the few NE styled IPAs Julian Shrago has brewed I have always preferred this over all others, I often wished they would can this but knowing Beachwood like I do it was a pipe-dream. Then on the day before Thanksgiving they unleashed this gorgeous IPA to the masses. I guess then theoretically this could be considered a " shelfy " and in the year of the shelfy this has to be considered as one of the best. It has the holy trilogy of hops to start with, it's ABV is right in my wheel house and it has one of the most explosively delicious noses on ANY NEIPA I've reviewed this year, and it is utterly delicious. Layers of complex flavors and aromatics are the showcase of this amazing IPA. Oranges, pineapple, berries and stone fruits abound and are all delivered on a beautifully balanced body that is full yet crisp and spritzy. This is a beer that you can sit down and crush multiples of while watching a great game with all types of food from pizza's to burgers and everything in between, an amazing food beer, we taste tested this in depth over the long Thanksgiving weekend with a smorgasbord of different types of foods. This just hit distro at better bottle shops that carry Beachwood cans and is also available at their three locations.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
Came across some of this right before last weekend, and bought a four pack. [swoon.gif] Daaaaaaamn!

Really, that's all.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

JeromeHan

#15805 Post by JeromeHan » December 15th, 2018, 4:35 pm

Something I look forward to every year. It does need some time to settle down but damn it's tasty.

Paul Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15806 Post by Paul Miller » December 16th, 2018, 10:51 am

More and more happy each day that Off Color opened the Mousetrap near me. Great experimental and natural fermentation beers.

IMG_3028.JPG

Got two large bottles of their Frambois aged on wine staves. Bottle of wild with apple cider. Two small bottles of their Kriek. And finally a bottle of their farmhouse ale.

JeromeHan

#15807 Post by JeromeHan » December 16th, 2018, 11:35 am

Paul Miller wrote:
December 16th, 2018, 10:51 am
More and more happy each day that Off Color opened the Mousetrap near me. Great experimental and natural fermentation beers.

IMG_3028.JPG

Got two large bottles of their Frambois aged on wine staves. Bottle of wild with apple cider. Two small bottles of their Kriek. And finally a bottle of their farmhouse ale.
I remember a few Off Color bottles I really liked. I think it was Hell-Broth? Delicious stuff.

BRhoades

#15808 Post by BRhoades » December 17th, 2018, 6:10 pm

Monkish Brewing Co.Relax Your Mind DIPA. 8.5% ABV. Galaxy Nelson and Simcoe hopped. This new batch is glorious. The southern hemi hops shine, juicy pineapple, mango and passion fruit side by side with sweet mandarine oranges and a touch of bitter citrus pith, there's a delicious orange sorbet flavor/feel that permeates throughout this beer. Mid palate shows a little dank green herbaceous note ( Simcoe ) along with that musty Nelson hop Sauv Blanc trait. Gorgeous soft full mouth that finishes long and juicy.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15809 Post by brigcampbell » December 18th, 2018, 9:59 am

hey guys, our own Rick Allen is hosting a beer tasting challenge for a charity. just post your notes over here and he'll donate to a great cause.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=156747

Paul Luckin

#15810 Post by Paul Luckin » December 20th, 2018, 10:50 am

1,400 breweries are now brewing Resilience IPA.

head out to your local spot, have a pint or two, and help some people who really need it.
\m/ >_< \m/

ITB

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15811 Post by Andrew Kotowski » December 25th, 2018, 8:24 am

Ho, ho, ho! What’s a reasonable price for BCBS? My local store has cases stacked, but I’m guessing it’s because they’re $11.99/bottle and average is $7.99 or something. Thoughts?

ClarkstonMark
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15812 Post by ClarkstonMark » December 25th, 2018, 10:47 am

11.99 is not bad. Most BCBS is sold at or around that price (unless talking Costco)
Mark Cronmiller
White Lake, MI

BRhoades

#15813 Post by BRhoades » December 26th, 2018, 4:21 pm

Monkish Brewing Co. Backpack Full Of Growlers. TIPA. 10% ABV. Hopped with Citra, Nelson and Motueka hops.

So this is the third iteration of this beer. First released in cans as Backpack Full Of Cans and then the Collaboration with Side Project called Million Dollar Backpack, the series continues. The hop bills have changed over the three releases and this one gets an additional massive charge of Citra along side the southern hemisphere hops. This release was a special growler release for Christmas which for a lot of us who can't do the can release during the days,this is a very special holiday gift indeed. This opens with super aromatics, lots of very sweet orange and over ripe pineapple. Flavors follow the nose. There is a wonderful orange sorbet flavor that carries throughout the beer that weaves in and out alongside super ripe pineapple, mango, papaya and hints of ripe stone fruits. The body is soft and creamy and their is zero booze factor for a 10% Triple, how Henry does this is beyond me. The beer finishes long and juicy with just enough west coast hoppy bitterness to keep it, dare I say, refreshing ! Simply put, one of, if not, the best TIPA Monkish brews.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

JeromeHan

#15814 Post by JeromeHan » December 27th, 2018, 7:34 am

It is only in very rare cases that I don't like an Allagash beer. This is not one of those instances. Reminds me of those raspberry syrup filled dark chocolate cordial things but without the sugar. Delicious.

Jim Stewart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15815 Post by Jim Stewart » January 2nd, 2019, 2:30 pm

Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen, mixed roughly 50/50 with Barritt’s Ginger Beer. Refreshing and tasty beverage on a warm day. Any beer can be used, but we particularly like it with a Hefe or a Belgian style Wit.
ginger beer.JPG

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15816 Post by Andrew Kotowski » January 4th, 2019, 6:12 pm

I suppose I should post this on the old beer thread, but I’ll post a pic here as a tease.
Attachments
DADA1ECB-3118-47BF-B0C9-ADA4400CB49F.jpeg

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15817 Post by Rick Allen » January 5th, 2019, 12:05 pm

We just bottled our Helles. I think that I may like it better than the Pils. We also bottled up our samples for the Oregon Beer Awards, which means I got another tasted of Lisa's Rauch Helles, which is delicious.

Jim Stewart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15818 Post by Jim Stewart » January 5th, 2019, 1:44 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 12:05 pm
We just bottled our Helles. I think that I may like it better than the Pils. We also bottled up our samples for the Oregon Beer Awards, which means I got another tasted of Lisa's Rauch Helles, which is delicious.
Congrats on the Helles and good luck at the "Oscars". I have (re)discovered the pleasures of a good lager after too many NE style IPAs the past few years. Had a great German Pils and American Lager at Point Ybel Brewing in Ft Myers recently, prompted by your recent charity tasting thread. (P.S. Generous folks out there in McMinnville supporting that cause!) Cheers -Jim

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15819 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » January 5th, 2019, 1:53 pm

Stopped by u4ic Brewing in Belle Plaine, MN over the holidays. Wide range of styles, but they seem to do Germans the best. Their Schwarzbier is downright excellent, and they had a great Pils and Lager on, too. A minty barrel-aged Porter was among my favorites, which surprised me. They had a couple hazy IPAs, one being terrible and another very good. Surprisingly, I spied a sack of smoked malt from Bamberg on the brewery floor!

Oh, and their own root beer was flippin' fantastic --- so much so that I bought a growler for ice cream floats for my daughter's 3rd. birthday party.

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15820 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » January 5th, 2019, 3:00 pm

Recently:
Surly - Bender Oatmeal Brown ale
Surly - Furious APA
Surly - Overrated IPA
Surly - Abrasive DIPA
Modist - (hazy IPA of some sort; it was good)
56 Brewing - 'ssippi Squeeze NEIPA (particularly bad. Tasted floury)
56 Brewing - White Elephant Uber Festive NEDIPA (just as good as the other was bad)
Bent Paddle - Lager
Lake Monster - Calhoun Claw Pilsener
Barley John's - Old 8 Stock Porter
Barley John's- Wild Brunette wild rice brown ale
2015 Cascade - Cranberry
2015 Crooked Stave - Surette Saison (excellent)
Crooked Stave/Maui Brewing collaboration Saison with lime and hibiscus (excellent)
Crooked Stave - wild Petite Rose (very good)
Bell's - Two Hearted IPA
Aecht Schlenkerla - Urbock rauchbier
Founders - KBS

BRhoades

#15821 Post by BRhoades » January 5th, 2019, 4:34 pm

Monkish Brewing Co & Evil Twin Brewing Co., Collaboration, How About Molotovish Round 2 ? I like Naming Beers With you but Adriana Says No.12% ABV. Hopped with Citra, Galaxy and Simcoe hops. Obviously the second iteration of this beast with hop heads Evil Twin Brewing out of Brooklyn NY. I liked batch one a lot for being a massive, albeit quite not in my wheelhouse kinda beer. For this update they basically doubled the amount of all three hops in the hop bill. The beer opens up with insane aromatics as one would imagine with the amount of hops used in this recipe. Huge overripe tropical fruits and sweet ripe orange along with stone fruits and that green dank herbal hop hit, just a great smelling beer. Flavors follow the nose with more pineapple, mango, papaya, sweet tangerine, ripe stone fruits and a massive bitter hop wallop, I am taking one for the team drinking this at one day young and another thing that is incredible with this batch is that there really is no booze heat or bite, or whatever you want to call it, you definitely will feel this beer's ABV but you will not taste it, just amazing balance for such a hop monster. Lush, aromatic, creamy soft but somehow completely approachable for its size. One of the best TIPAs for its size I've had the pleasure of drinking. Cans only.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on January 6th, 2019, 2:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.

BRhoades

#15822 Post by BRhoades » January 5th, 2019, 4:45 pm

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 1:53 pm
Stopped by u4ic Brewing in Belle Plaine, MN over the holidays. Wide range of styles, but they seem to do Germans the best. Their Schwarzbier is downright excellent, and they had a great Pils and Lager on, too. A minty barrel-aged Porter was among my favorites, which surprised me. They had a couple hazy IPAs, one being terrible and another very good. Surprisingly, I spied a sack of smoked malt from Bamberg on the brewery floor!

Oh, and their own root beer was flippin' fantastic --- so much so that I bought a growler for ice cream floats for my daughter's 3rd. birthday party.
I am a root beer fanatic Brian and have been really pleased to see some breweries brewing and offering their own root beers for fills. Kern River Brewing brews a delicious hand made root beer that makes amazing root beer floats.

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on January 5th, 2019, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15823 Post by Scott Tallman » January 5th, 2019, 4:46 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
Bring it on. I’ve been on an Andrew-like run lately with high abv Barrel age stouts. Need to return to the light side.

What’s the story on the Lemondrop Pils and Export Lager?
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

BRhoades

#15824 Post by BRhoades » January 5th, 2019, 4:48 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
Rick, will any of this make it's way down south for any of your tap accounts ?

Cheers,

Bud

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15825 Post by Andrew Kotowski » January 5th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Scott Tallman wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 4:46 pm
Rick Allen wrote:
Bring it on. I’ve been on an Andrew-like run lately with high abv Barrel age stouts. Need to return to the light side.
Have been slowing down, as well. Drinking quite a bit of MT’s City of the Sun and Georgetown Bodhi lately. Did try a Belching Beaver IPA that tasted like an over-sugared Orange Julius. Was ridiculous.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15826 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » January 6th, 2019, 12:09 am

Good to know about Kern River's root beer, Bud!

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15827 Post by Rick Allen » January 6th, 2019, 9:09 am

BRhoades wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 4:48 pm
Rick Allen wrote:

Cheers,

Bud
Bud, I'm sending a pallet of bottles and two pallets of kegs to CA next week - 44 kegs in all.

Scott, the Export Lager is a high ABV version of Helles - in this case 6.2% (which is a little higher than we really wanted - it should be around 5.75%). It's also called Festbier, and what is usually served at Oktoberfest in Munich.

The Lemondrop Pils is the second in a series of beers where we brew a more German-style Pils and use a new world hop that we think might be suited to lagers. The first in the series was the Galaxy Pils, that was finished with the Australian hop Galaxy. The Lemondrop Pils uses a Hopsteiner developed hop, Lemondrop. This hop is a cross between Cascade and an experimental hop grown by the USDA. I find it somewhat similar to Cascade except that it leans lemon rather than grapefruit. It's coming out of fermenter this week, and I'll have a better feel for it then.

BRhoades

#15828 Post by BRhoades » January 6th, 2019, 1:52 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 9:09 am
BRhoades wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 4:48 pm
Rick Allen wrote:

Cheers,

Bud
Bud, I'm sending a pallet of bottles and two pallets of kegs to CA next week - 44 kegs in all.

Scott, the Export Lager is a high ABV version of Helles - in this case 6.2% (which is a little higher than we really wanted - it should be around 5.75%). It's also called Festbier, and what is usually served at Oktoberfest in Munich.

The Lemondrop Pils is the second in a series of beers where we brew a more German-style Pils and use a new world hop that we think might be suited to lagers. The first in the series was the Galaxy Pils, that was finished with the Australian hop Galaxy. The Lemondrop Pils uses a Hopsteiner developed hop, Lemondrop. This hop is a cross between Cascade and an experimental hop grown by the USDA. I find it somewhat similar to Cascade except that it leans lemon rather than grapefruit. It's coming out of fermenter this week, and I'll have a better feel for it then.
I'll keep my eyes open for them Rick, hey pardon my ignorance with some of these styles but what is the difference if any, between a Tentbier and a Festbier ? I know your collab with MT was a Tentbier which I absolutely loved.

Cheers,

Bud

Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15829 Post by Scott Tallman » January 6th, 2019, 2:53 pm

Thanks, Rick. Saw the Export Lager on tap at Brouwer’s, so need to get down there to try.

Loved the Galaxy Pils so can’t wait for the Lemonsrop Pils. Hope a few kegs make their way to Seattle or some is left when I visit for OCC weekend.
CT - WestbyGod

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15830 Post by Rick Allen » January 6th, 2019, 9:20 pm

Bud, the Tentbier was a cross between an Export Lager and a Marzen (Amber Lager). Our Export Lager is more pale, with a smoother, less rough malt bill. I'm sending around 16 kegs of it to CA.

Scott, I'm sure that some will make its way to SEA. On the other hand, we'll definitely have it at the Tap Room when you're down for OCC.

Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15831 Post by Scott Tallman » January 7th, 2019, 7:37 pm

Heater Allen Export Lager (draft) - really smooth with less hoppiness than the Pils; could not discern higher abv than Pils; really enjoyed

Heater Allen Rauch Bock (bottle) - loving the smoked beers from HA and this was no exception; fairly forward smoke presence and a touch more robust than the Rauch Helles (of course), but perfect for the dark PNW days; as much as I liked this, think a slight reduction in the smoked malt would make it even better (for my palate)

Stoup Brewing/Sierra Nevada Resilience IPA (draft) - ordered because the proceeds are going towards relief for the Camp Fire; unfortunately the only good thing that I found in this beer as it reminded me of what I dislike about most west coast IPAs
CT - WestbyGod

JeromeHan

#15832 Post by JeromeHan » January 8th, 2019, 1:04 pm

FINALLY got my hands on a bottle of Cascade Noyeaux. So excited to finally try it. Hopefully I am not disappointed.

Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15833 Post by Scott Tallman » January 8th, 2019, 2:37 pm

JeromeHan wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 1:04 pm
FINALLY got my hands on a bottle of Cascade Noyeaux. So excited to finally try it. Hopefully I am not disappointed.
One of the best Cascade beers IMHO
CT - WestbyGod

David Henry

#15834 Post by David Henry » January 16th, 2019, 5:52 pm

Picked up a six pack of the new Bell's Hopslam release on the way home from work tonight (brewed on 1-9-19). Very enjoyable. From what I recall of last year's release, this version is slightly drier and a little less honeyed, but much more full flavored and intense. Still at 10% alcohol so one can provides a nice buzz.

Steven Miller

#15835 Post by Steven Miller » January 16th, 2019, 6:01 pm

I've had pretty decent luck finding beers that aren't common here in PDX using Tavour

Some recent Tavour purchases I like include:

Brewmaster Jack Prinsipia (Belgian Quad)
Brewery Vivant Wizard Burial Ground (Belgian Quad)
Elevation Beer Company Apis IV (Belgian Quad)
Taxman Brewing Port Barrel Tax Holiday (Belgian Strong Dark)

Love drinking these beers in the cold winter months.
tread lightly

BRhoades

#15836 Post by BRhoades » January 19th, 2019, 6:14 pm

Modern Times Beer Co. Double Dry Hopped Dinosaur World. DIPA. 8% ABV. Hopped with Citra, Mosaic and Amarillo with Citra Cyro and Mosaic Cyro hops.

Dinosaur World is arguably the most beloved and sought after Modern Times NE styled DIPA. They have released it twice and now for the 3rd iteration we get it DDH'd ! Dino pours a beautiful tangerine hazy orange with an inch of tight packed bubbles. Dino is explosively aromatic, the layers of fragrances that dance out of this thing are amazing, over-ripe crushed pineapple,sweet ripe citrus, leafy green herb's and dank kind bud explode up front, just an insanely great smelling DIPA. Flavors stay true to the nose, huge hit of ripe citrus initially followed by more over ripe tropical fruits. Mid-palate to finish shows bitter citrus pith, sweet berries, melon, papaya and ripe sweet mango. The entire package is carried on a medium soft mouth that finishes remarkably dry and long. This was in the January on-line sale, most MT locations still have it on tap.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15837 Post by Rick Allen » January 22nd, 2019, 6:54 pm

I spent the weekend helping to judge beer for the Oregon Beer Awards. I was generally impressed with the quality and lack of big flaws. Sunday my group tasted the Pilsner category (we don't enter because I like to judge it), and after three rounds we distilled 40+ entries down to three medalists. I don't find out the winners' names until mid-February, but I'll just say the all six of the finalists were excellent and the winner was superb.

Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15838 Post by Scott Tallman » January 22nd, 2019, 7:36 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
January 22nd, 2019, 6:54 pm
I spent the weekend helping to judge beer for the Oregon Beer Awards. I was generally impressed with the quality and lack of big flaws. Sunday my group tasted the Pilsner category (we don't enter because I like to judge it), and after three rounds we distilled 40+ entries down to three medalists. I don't find out the winners' names until mid-February, but I'll just say the all six of the finalists were excellent and the winner was superb.
Well that is anti-climactic!

Enjoyed your Helles at Bailey’s Taproom last Friday.

Also visited Wayfinder while in town and, as usual, enjoyed almost everything we tried.

Another new discovery - Ruse Brewing - was a pleasant surprise for those looking for IPAs and stouts.

Andrew - was thinking they are right in your wheelhouse. In fact, they are a collaborator on this year’s 3-Way IPA along with our local brewery, Cloudburst.
CT - WestbyGod

JeromeHan

#15839 Post by JeromeHan » January 23rd, 2019, 9:25 am

Dipping really deep into Pilsners, and Kolsches these days to reset the palate. Too bad I can't get any of the Heater Allen Kolsch as pickings are kind of slim these days in my bottle shop as craft pilsners and kolsches don't seem to move much.

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15840 Post by Andrew Kotowski » January 23rd, 2019, 11:37 am

>> Andrew - was thinking they are right in your wheelhouse. In fact, they are a collaborator on this year’s 3-Way IPA along with our local brewery, Cloudburst.

Will keep an eye out. Having a Bodhizafa over lunch at Tavern Hall.

Threeeeeee Way!!!!!

Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15841 Post by Scott Tallman » January 23rd, 2019, 11:43 am

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 11:37 am
>> Andrew - was thinking they are right in your wheelhouse. In fact, they are a collaborator on this year’s 3-Way IPA along with our local brewery, Cloudburst.

Will keep an eye out. Having a Bodhizafa over lunch at Tavern Hall.

Threeeeeee Way!!!!!
Don’t believe they distribute here, but keep an eye out for their offerings when in OR or swing by PDX taproom, which is very nice.
CT - WestbyGod

c_choi_
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15842 Post by c_choi_ » January 23rd, 2019, 2:23 pm

JeromeHan wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 9:25 am
Dipping really deep into Pilsners, and Kolsches these days to reset the palate. Too bad I can't get any of the Heater Allen Kolsch as pickings are kind of slim these days in my bottle shop as craft pilsners and kolsches don't seem to move much.
If you've time, visit Suarez Family Brewing up in Hudson; their pilsners are fantastic.
Chr|s Ch0|

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15843 Post by Rick Allen » January 23rd, 2019, 4:11 pm

Suarez does a very good job, and is probably the closest that you'll find to what we're doing out here. BTW, we only brew Kolsch for about seven months of the year (April to October), and we're brewing our first batch next week.

JeromeHan

#15844 Post by JeromeHan » January 24th, 2019, 1:43 pm

c_choi_ wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 2:23 pm
JeromeHan wrote:
If you've time, visit Suarez Family Brewing up in Hudson; their pilsners are fantastic.
I've been meaning to plan a trip to Suarez. Might have to speed up those plans.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15845 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » January 25th, 2019, 12:13 pm

Pizza Port - "Beach Umbrella" IPA --- nu West Coast style. Effin Excellent! [drinkers.gif]

c_choi_
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15846 Post by c_choi_ » January 25th, 2019, 12:27 pm

JeromeHan wrote:
January 24th, 2019, 1:43 pm
c_choi_ wrote:
January 23rd, 2019, 2:23 pm
JeromeHan wrote:
I've been meaning to plan a trip to Suarez. Might have to speed up those plans.
Let me know if you've extras; I'd be willing to trade Rick's beers (and others) for more Suarez. [cheers.gif]
Chr|s Ch0|

JeromeHan

#15847 Post by JeromeHan » January 25th, 2019, 12:46 pm

c_choi_ wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 12:27 pm
Let me know if you've extras; I'd be willing to trade Rick's beers (and others) for more Suarez. [cheers.gif]
Will do.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15848 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » January 25th, 2019, 2:25 pm

Pizza Port - "OB Haze" NEIPA

BRhoades

#15849 Post by BRhoades » January 25th, 2019, 6:39 pm

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 2:25 pm
Pizza Port - "OB Haze" NEIPA
Hey Brian, how was that OB Haze ?

Cheers,

Bud

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15850 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » January 25th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Excellent, Bud. Good enough that I had another when we went there for dinner. :)

Return to “Beer and Spirits”