What BEER are you drinking?

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
Abbie S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#17101 Post by Abbie S. »

I love the regular M-43, but this is a nice change of pace. The strawberry is light, not overpowering, a slight tartness. Great for a post-run beer.
IMG_1973.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IG abbieroads

salovon

ClarkstonMark
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17102 Post by ClarkstonMark »

Abbie S. wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 11:38 am I love the regular M-43, but this is a nice change of pace. The strawberry is light, not overpowering, a slight tartness. Great for a post-run beer.

IMG_1973.jpeg
I always buy a 4 pack of TSB M43, and always wish I had bought two. It is good stuff.
I have been drinking a lot of beers (46 cans and 14 bottles) I brought back from a short hiking trip to Vermont last week ....
Alchemist Heady Topper and Focal Banger
Hill Farmstead Abner, Susan, Mary, Sumner, Edward
Foam Think I'm In Love
von Trapp Pilsner
Mark Cronmiller
White Lake, MI

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17103 Post by Andrew Kotowski »

You skipped Lawson's Fine Liquids?!? #SOS
Instagram at @akgrill

ClarkstonMark
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17104 Post by ClarkstonMark »

Andrew Kotowski wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 6:29 pm You skipped Lawson's Fine Liquids?!? #SOS
actually I did bring home some Lawson's as well - Knockout Blonde for my blonde neighbor - she loved it
(but no SOS, as they distribute now to PA/NY, so I pick it up the couple times a year I visit home)
Mark Cronmiller
White Lake, MI

Joe Hauck

#17105 Post by Joe Hauck »

I just came here to say that Hazy IPA's have ruined the whole market. Shelves and new releases are probably 10 to 1 hazy over WCIPA. Don't even get me started on milkshakes!
One of the few good things about modern times " if you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us." Kurt Vonnegut

Brandon Econ

#17106 Post by Brandon Econ »

Had a couple amazing beers at Monk's in Philadelphia yesterday. Both by Brouwerij De Dolle. Arabier, a Belgian Strong and Oeral, a Pale Ale. First time trying anything from this brewery and was really surprised by the depth and complexity of both. The Ara was absolutely delicious and classic nose of coriander, orange peel, and clove. Great body and depth. The Pale Ale was so damn good and highly drinkable. Recommend seeking them both out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17107 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Joe Hauck wrote: May 24th, 2021, 12:21 pm I just came here to say that Hazy IPA's have ruined the whole market. Shelves and new releases are probably 10 to 1 hazy over WCIPA. Don't even get me started on milkshakes!
I'm with ya' on the milkshakes ---- too filling and sweet for my preferences.

As for my locals: I *am* seeing lots of West Coast releases, and certainly in a more even ratio than you're reporting, so maybe there's hope!
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17108 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Stopped by Beachwood BBQ yesterday. Of the couple IPAs I tried (both West Coasters), I preferred the "Laurel," which has more of an old school profile. Really good stuff, and walked away with a four-pack of the same.
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17109 Post by BRhoades »

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote: May 24th, 2021, 1:28 pm
Joe Hauck wrote: May 24th, 2021, 12:21 pm I just came here to say that Hazy IPA's have ruined the whole market. Shelves and new releases are probably 10 to 1 hazy over WCIPA. Don't even get me started on milkshakes!
I'm with ya' on the milkshakes ---- too filling and sweet for my preferences.

As for my locals: I *am* seeing lots of West Coast releases, and certainly in a more even ratio than you're reporting, so maybe there's hope!
I can confirm this, most of my favorite local breweries are brewing more west coast beers these days thankfully, even Monkish is dropping west coast IPAs in addition to their haze game. Look for great west coast IPAs from Green Cheek Beer Co,Harland Brewing, North Park Beer Co, Radiant Brewing and of course Beachwood.On another optimistic note, just wait for Shawn and Pat to open up Mcilhenny Brewing soon at their original Alpine Beer Co. space, that will expose another whole generation to what world class west coast IPAs taste like, and yes they are re-booting the beloved Alpine Nelson IPA ! And milkshake IPAs.... [swearing.gif] finally for Joe ,most of the above mentioned breweries ship regularly throughout California.

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on May 24th, 2021, 4:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
It aint wine all the time~Bud

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17110 Post by BRhoades »

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote: May 24th, 2021, 2:03 pm Stopped by Beachwood BBQ yesterday. Of the couple IPAs I tried (both West Coasters), I preferred the "Laurel," which has more of an old school profile. Really good stuff, and walked away with a four-pack of the same.
I need to get over for a four pack of Laurel, fun fact : that was the 1st IPA Julian ever brewed at Beachwood and its a classic !

Cheers,

Bud

Joe Hauck

#17111 Post by Joe Hauck »

Bud and Brian,

I hope that trend continues. Currently only one or two locals are brewing a west coast and it almost feels like they're they're doing it just to keep the old guys happy.
One of the few good things about modern times " if you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us." Kurt Vonnegut

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17112 Post by BRhoades »

Joe Hauck wrote: May 24th, 2021, 4:50 pm Bud and Brian,

I hope that trend continues. Currently only one or two locals are brewing a west coast and it almost feels like they're they're doing it just to keep the old guys happy.
Old Guys Rule ! Check out the breweries I mentioned for their shipping options, best way to assure your getting some great clear beer !

Cheers,

Bud

Brian Tuite
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17113 Post by Brian Tuite »

Berkeley Humane Society is doing a fund raiser called “Pints for Paws”

Donation gets you a mixed 12pack of local brewery wares and a couple tasting glasses among other SWAG. Zoom tasting hosted by the brewers on Saturday 6-5. My care package arrived today. Looks like fun.

6B2F4963-E032-4252-A6AB-01A1788A1453.jpeg
CA873F7D-561E-43CF-B0AF-B81DC9D373AF.jpeg
0CDAB34A-80A3-417A-B7D0-8628B8A8AFCE.jpeg
ED900181-75C2-4F96-87AD-87DFE16F62A4.jpeg
D36C9B14-4953-45F1-88AB-48D7595DA0EC.jpeg
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

Too old to give a fu¢k what you think of me.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17114 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

That's frustrating to hear, Joe. Sorry brother.

SJeffery

#17115 Post by SJeffery »

Brandon Econ wrote: May 24th, 2021, 12:46 pm Had a couple amazing beers at Monk's in Philadelphia yesterday. Both by Brouwerij De Dolle. Arabier, a Belgian Strong and Oeral, a Pale Ale. First time trying anything from this brewery and was really surprised by the depth and complexity of both. The Ara was absolutely delicious and classic nose of coriander, orange peel, and clove. Great body and depth. The Pale Ale was so damn good and highly drinkable. Recommend seeking them both out.
De Dolle is great. Hope Oeral continues to make it into the States with the whole Shelton Bros bankruptcy thing.

I'm guilty of the FOMO like most beer nerds nowadays and I'm sitting on more beer than I can get through. The lack of beer shares during COVID has played a role in struggling to consume more than I buy. Last night I cracked a 1~2 year old bottle of Sante Adairius Saison Bernice and a bottle of Modern Times Amphora aged Prometheus Effect. Both are well executed on level of acidity. Bernice is always an incredible beer that everyone ought to try. Prometheus Effect has some undeniably huge minerality, but overall makes for a less enjoyable beer to sip through 750ml of.
Scott J - Beer and spirit lover developing a palate for wine

TimF
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17116 Post by TimF »

2020 Three Floyd’s Hellaboozie. Well balanced and most excellent. Sometimes these variants can be a bit over the top but this one is just about perfect.
34CD7102-CE77-41AE-B5E3-87439D4D7609.jpeg
Tim F@itsch

Glenn L e v i n e
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17117 Post by Glenn L e v i n e »

One winner and one loser so far this week in Seaside.

2C27CB5D-F472-42F3-BE73-0DE264824482.jpeg
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

Terry H a r r i s
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17118 Post by Terry H a r r i s »

78A6C269-281E-4DDB-9FED-E0E92ECD00EF.jpeg
His wife told a 911 operator that she used a pruner "good for pruning roses" and that James's bleeding wasn't enough to create the "sign of the cross, or write sinner" . . . .

Oh, and I pay money to those ITB

Matthew Brown

#17119 Post by Matthew Brown »

SJeffery wrote: May 26th, 2021, 4:08 pm
Brandon Econ wrote: May 24th, 2021, 12:46 pm Had a couple amazing beers at Monk's in Philadelphia yesterday. Both by Brouwerij De Dolle. Arabier, a Belgian Strong and Oeral, a Pale Ale. First time trying anything from this brewery and was really surprised by the depth and complexity of both. The Ara was absolutely delicious and classic nose of coriander, orange peel, and clove. Great body and depth. The Pale Ale was so damn good and highly drinkable. Recommend seeking them both out.
De Dolle is great. Hope Oeral continues to make it into the States with the whole Shelton Bros bankruptcy thing.

I'm guilty of the FOMO like most beer nerds nowadays and I'm sitting on more beer than I can get through. The lack of beer shares during COVID has played a role in struggling to consume more than I buy. Last night I cracked a 1~2 year old bottle of Sante Adairius Saison Bernice and a bottle of Modern Times Amphora aged Prometheus Effect. Both are well executed on level of acidity. Bernice is always an incredible beer that everyone ought to try. Prometheus Effect has some undeniably huge minerality, but overall makes for a less enjoyable beer to sip through 750ml of.
De Dolle isn’t imported through Shelton Bros, but B. United
http://www.bunitedint.com/information/p ... ription/8/
Needs a make on a white pimpmobile

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17120 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

a couple hazies from Pariah:
"Colors" -- despite being a few days older than 3 mo old, still utterly delicious
"Lebron Haze" -- Galaxy hopped. Better than previous canning from a few months ago --- this was canned in early May and is delicious, particularly at a lightly cool temperature.

Glenn L e v i n e
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17121 Post by Glenn L e v i n e »

Got a night on the east side of LA tonight. Be near Claremont/Upand region. Where to drink beer?
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

ClarkstonMark
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17122 Post by ClarkstonMark »

Glenn L e v i n e wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 6:06 am Got a night on the east side of LA tonight. Be near Claremont/Upand region. Where to drink beer?
Anaheim area too far? Bottle Logic, Green Cheek, The Breury ... can't help with anything closer but I'm sure someone can.
Mark Cronmiller
White Lake, MI

Glenn L e v i n e
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17123 Post by Glenn L e v i n e »

Yeah, we won’t drift W once we settle in.
Last edited by Glenn L e v i n e on June 3rd, 2021, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17124 Post by BRhoades »

Glenn L e v i n e wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 6:06 am Got a night on the east side of LA tonight. Be near Claremont/Upand region. Where to drink beer?
Claremont Craft Ales, and Kings in Montclair. Kings does a lot of heavily fruited styles(Frose's) but has all the usual suspects on tap. Arrow Lodge in Covina is very good, pretty close to you.

Cheers,

Bud

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17125 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Not familiar with that part of town, Glenn, but I heartily co-sign Bud's Arrow Lodge recommendation. Damn near every beer I've had from them (all IPAs or hazy IPAs) has been downright excellent.

M.Kaplan
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17126 Post by M.Kaplan »

It’s been awhile, since we’ve been (our son went to college in Claremont) but Heroes and Legends has good pub food and a decent beer list.
—Mark

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17127 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Russian River Brewing - "Apical Dominance" IPA . Bought this despite its 3/17/21 bottling date because I've never had it before. Also probably bought it about a month ago, and then it got lost in the fridge. 6.25% alc. is refreshing. Nu-school West Coast (perhaps unfiltered, or lightly filtered). Made with one of the HBC experimental hops. Very "bouncy tropical" with a good dose of floral tones thrown-in for interest and good measure. Almost as if Mosaic or El Dorado got together with Amarillo, and this is what popped out. Really quite excellent. Hope to see this one again.

Glenn L e v i n e
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17128 Post by Glenn L e v i n e »

E7A3D921-50CB-4054-87A5-F77B380EAD0D.jpeg
Not cheap but good!

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17129 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

re-stocked on Monkish. These hit the recycle bin already:
Foggy Window (pretty surprising, and cool, to see this released for the second time in only 2 (or 3?) months.
Conscience Be Free
Sticky Traffic

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17130 Post by BRhoades »

McILhenney Brewing Co. Muntz. IPA.7.2% ABV. Hopped with Nelson Sauvin, Nectaron with Rye. Pinch me, it's back, a little nip and tuck but it's back. While in SD today on biz I carved out some time to make that special drive up the hill to that tiny brewery that for many of us was THE place to buy some of the best ales in the world. After a failed sale to Green Flash and a myriad of other debacles, Pat and Shawn McIlHENNEY are now in sole possession of the OG brewery and tasting room again. Time has changed our palates and preferences but damn, once I cracked this open tonight it was 2013 again. It's all here, the wonderful aromatics from the Nelson Sauvin hops, that tell tale wisp of Rye in the grain bill, that wonderful scent of orange citrus and pineapple, and of course, that hazy yellowish orange color that existed years before hazy IPA's became the rage. These beers will evolve over the next few months as they fine tune the process but this is excellent right out the gate. For me, one of the most important aspect's of this brewery, besides the beer obviously, is the small family experience you feel when you go, it was like visiting old friends you haven't seen in a while that happen to make world class beer. Tap, growlers and crowlers at the brewery only. McILhenney Brewing Co. Muntz IPA.7.2% ABV. Hopped with Nelson Sauvin and Nectaron with Rye in the grain bill. Welcome back.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17131 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

BRhoades wrote: June 16th, 2021, 6:41 pm Image

McILhenney Brewing Co. Muntz. IPA.7.2% ABV. Hopped with Nelson Sauvin, Nectaron with Rye. Pinch me, it's back, a little nip and tuck but it's back. While in SD today on biz I carved out some time to make that special drive up the hill to that tiny brewery that for many of us was THE place to buy some of the best ales in the world. After a failed sale to Green Flash and a myriad of other debacles, Pat and Shawn McIlHENNEY are now in sole possession of the OG brewery and tasting room again. Time has changed our palates and preferences but damn, once I cracked this open tonight it was 2013 again. It's all here, the wonderful aromatics from the Nelson Sauvin hops, that tell tale wisp of Rye in the grain bill, that wonderful scent of orange citrus and pineapple, and of course, that hazy yellowish orange color that existed years before hazy IPA's became the rage. These beers will evolve over the next few months as they fine tune the process but this is excellent right out the gate. For me, one of the most important aspect's of this brewery, besides the beer obviously, is the small family experience you feel when you go, it was like visiting old friends you haven't seen in a while that happen to make world class beer. Tap, growlers and crowlers at the brewery only. McILhenney Brewing Co. Muntz IPA.7.2% ABV. Hopped with Nelson Sauvin and Nectaron with Rye in the grain bill. Welcome back.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
Ha!! Love it!

Funny thing: I stopped into TW today, and saw some "Alpine - Pure Hoppiness" 16 oz cans on the shelf. I had to pick them up and take a closer look --- even mumbled under my breath, "This isn't the real deal, is it?!" In short order, they went back on the shelf. I then randomly decided to look around for some McIlhenney beers, on the incredibly off-chance that they were now brewing and getting distro all the way up in L.A. at a big box retailer. Obviously, no dice there. .... so, when I saw your name as the most recent post in this thread, I thought to myself, "Gee, I wonder if this is Bud introducing us to the new McIlhenney beers?" ... must be something in the air today. [drinkers.gif]

on a related note: wasn't it Pat who straight-up refused to sell beer to you years ago, when you brought faulty bottles to their (his) attention? What ever came of that? It appears some corner must have been turned, yeah?

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17132 Post by BRhoades »

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote: June 16th, 2021, 11:03 pm
BRhoades wrote: June 16th, 2021, 6:41 pm Image

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
Ha!! Love it!

Funny thing: I stopped into TW today, and saw some "Alpine - Pure Hoppiness" 16 oz cans on the shelf. I had to pick them up and take a closer look --- even mumbled under my breath, "This isn't the real deal, is it?!" In short order, they went back on the shelf. I then randomly decided to look around for some McIlhenney beers, on the incredibly off-chance that they were now brewing and getting distro all the way up in L.A. at a big box retailer. Obviously, no dice there. .... so, when I saw your name as the most recent post in this thread, I thought to myself, "Gee, I wonder if this is Bud introducing us to the new McIlhenney beers?" ... must be something in the air today. [drinkers.gif]

on a related note: wasn't it Pat who straight-up refused to sell beer to you years ago, when you brought faulty bottles to their (his) attention? What ever came of that? It appears some corner must have been turned, yeah?
It was an employee on the brewery side who had a reputation as a hard ass gate keeper who Pat eventually fired. Pat and Shawn were never told of the situation and when they finally heard what happened they invited me down for a beer to discuss what had happened, Pat, Shawn and I have always had a solid relationship.

Cheers,

Bud

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17133 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Thank you very much for clearing that up, Bud. That's actually quite meaningful to me. [cheers.gif]

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17134 Post by BRhoades »

North Park Beer Co. So Much Excite ! DIPA, 8.5% ABV. DDH'd with Citra, Galaxy and Nelson Sauvin with Phantasm. I love this hop bill and from the beers Ive had with the addition of Phantasm this looked like a sure bet. Pours a beautiful milky yellowish color with a wispy crumbly head. The nose shows light citrus, a little peach and a hint of a good bottle of NZ Sauv Blanc. The palate shows big passion fruit, mango and guava. As it transitions across your palate there is ripe apricots and a nice bite of sweet tangerine. Even though this says it's 8.5% I cannot detect a hint of alcohol on the spritzy crisp refreshing body, this is scarily crushable. Available at the brewery and at better bottle shops in the So. Cal area.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17135 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Nice, Bud!!

As the world gradually moves back to normal, I've been noticing a reduction in some non-hyper-local craft brews at my usual beer store. Not nearly as much stock of North Park and Pariah. Even Arrow Lodge seems to have pulled-back significantly.

Or, maybe, I'm just on a run of bad luck (probably my last three stops).

SJeffery

#17136 Post by SJeffery »

Matthew Brown wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 5:52 pm
SJeffery wrote: May 26th, 2021, 4:08 pm

De Dolle isn’t imported through Shelton Bros, but B. United
http://www.bunitedint.com/information/p ... ription/8/
You are totally correct. It's ordered through the same distributor and I get the two mixed up regularly
Scott J - Beer and spirit lover developing a palate for wine

Matthew Brown

#17137 Post by Matthew Brown »

No problem. Plenty of ‘crossing the streams’ instances in the beer world from region to region. Thankfully B United is on fairly stable ground, even able to be innovative in their Tanker program, bringing over some hard to get Euro beers that wouldn’t come over otherwise.
Needs a make on a white pimpmobile

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17138 Post by Andrew Kotowski »

Muled from CA for Father’s Day. Really enjoyed this stuff - much better than regular Pliny.
Instagram at @akgrill

J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17139 Post by J a y H a c k »

Allegash Curieux on tap. Bought a growler at Yard House and brought it home. I can't drink a lot of beer, too many carbs, but this was excellent. My wife and I have a special affinity for this beer. We were the first people to taste it other than employees when we were at the original Allegash brewery in 2005 and it had just been bottled but not yet sold. They poured it from a spigot out of a wood Jim Beam barrel. We brought home a bottle an bottle conditioned it for a few years and it was outstanding.
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17140 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

I agree, Jay: Curieux ages nicely.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17141 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Brewery X - "Slap and Tickle" IPA: strongly dislike the name of this beer, but whatever --- ya don't drink the name, and the beer is a delicious West Coast IPA. It's in my rotation.

Brewery X - "Nelson X" IPA: West Coast IPA. Single hop series. Very good, if not excellent, but not as good as Slap and Tickle.

I've had some good hazies from Brewery X, but they seem to be more consistently excellent with their West Coasts. Looking forward to visiting the brewery in Anaheim sometime.

DaveStandridge
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17142 Post by DaveStandridge »

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 3:03 pm Brewery X - "Slap and Tickle" IPA: strongly dislike the name of this beer, but whatever --- ya don't drink the name, and the beer is a delicious West Coast IPA. It's in my rotation.

Brewery X - "Nelson X" IPA: West Coast IPA. Single hop series. Very good, if not excellent, but not as good as Slap and Tickle.

I've had some good hazies from Brewery X, but they seem to be more consistently excellent with their West Coasts. Looking forward to visiting the brewery in Anaheim sometime.
Hi Brian, I'm in LA area for a bit from Central Oregon but might only be able to visit Monkish. Sounds like Brewery X distributes locally? Any other suggestions to pick up while I'm here? I'm staying at a friend's place in Pacific Palisades.

Thanks!
Dave

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17143 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Hi Dave,

Monkish is great. Smog City is right around the corner, probably not even a quarter mile away --- worth a stop, given that you're pretty much already there when you're at Monkish.

In better retail outlets, look for the following: Casa Agria; Arrow Lodge, Pariah; North Park; Beachwood; El Segundo Brewing Co.; Pizza Port. All those recs. are IPA-based, although they all do multiple styles.

Hopefully some of the other resident SoCal beer geeks chime-in, too.

DaveStandridge
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17144 Post by DaveStandridge »

Much appreciated, Brian! Can't wait to get my hands on some.

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17145 Post by Andrew Kotowski »

I genuinely do not understand the fanatic following for this stuff.
Instagram at @akgrill

Glenn L e v i n e
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17146 Post by Glenn L e v i n e »

I miss Todos Santos brewing.

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17147 Post by BRhoades »

Green Cheek Beer Co. Wherever You Go. DDH DIPA 7% ABV Hopped with Citra and Motueka hops. Another stellar beer from Evan and the GC crew. Creamy and juicy, loads of ripe sweet citrus, mixed berries with some nice fleshy ripe pineapple and papaya. Gorgeous milky yellow hazy color. These guys continue drop bomb after bomb.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17148 Post by BRhoades »

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 3:03 pm Brewery X - "Slap and Tickle" IPA: strongly dislike the name of this beer, but whatever --- ya don't drink the name, and the beer is a delicious West Coast IPA. It's in my rotation.

Had a can of Nelson X last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Bud

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#17149 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Summit - “Saga” IPA
Surly - “Screen Time” DDH PA
Modist - “False Pattern” NEIPA
Bearded Iris - “Double Homestyle” NEIIPA
Bearded Iris - “Very Varied” NEIPA

I was very excited to try the Bearded Iris beers, as I have heard a lot about them, but I’ve never tried them. Honestly, they were good, but overall I was semi-disappointed.

DaveStandridge
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17150 Post by DaveStandridge »

2EFCB2EC-DDAC-4EED-9CB9-5C1FF667341A.jpeg
Stopped by 8 Bit Brewing on my way through Murrieta and picked up a 4 pack of this sour double ipa and a hazy pale. This sour is awesome. It's a fairly intense sour that's well balanced by the body of hops and finishes with a mouthful of resin. This is right up my alley!

Return to “Beer and Spirits”