What BEER are you drinking?

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
TimF
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16901 Post by TimF »

Father Kyle’s Cinnamon Roll Stout. I didn’t really like it. A bit thin for this flavor.
D916C966-7319-4104-BCFA-B2CE2CFE7546.jpeg
Tim F@itsch

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16902 Post by BRhoades »

TimF wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 1:47 pm
BRhoades wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 1:18 pm Image

Opened this up on NYE and it was beautiful.

Cheers,

Bud
How old is this? My wife picked up some in Ireland several years ago. Don’t think I ever opened any.
Tim, this was bottled in May 2020, it was in a perfect drinking window.

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time~Bud

Glenn L e v i n e
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#16903 Post by Glenn L e v i n e »

Great Notion Over Ripe is a delicious can crusher. Lord, I could have had more than one.
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

Paul Luckin

#16904 Post by Paul Luckin »

RRBC Double Dry-Hopped PtE.

They deliver in CA!
\m/ >_< \m/

ITB once again

TimF
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16905 Post by TimF »

BRhoades wrote: January 6th, 2021, 5:53 pm
BRhoades wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 1:18 pm Image

Opened this up on NYE and it was beautiful.

Cheers,

Bud

How old is this? My wife picked up some in Ireland several years ago. Don’t think I ever opened any.

Cheers,

Bud
Crap this is getting old. I should probably drink it!
A5914395-6B3D-48B0-ACFA-9EBBD80126E8.jpeg
Tim F@itsch

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16906 Post by BRhoades »

TimF wrote: January 7th, 2021, 8:34 am
BRhoades wrote: January 6th, 2021, 5:53 pm

Cheers,

Bud
Crap this is getting old. I should probably drink it!
A5914395-6B3D-48B0-ACFA-9EBBD80126E8.jpeg
Crack that puppy and let us know how it drank.

Cheers,

Bud

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16907 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Tim,

Don't feel the need to rush into that, unless you know Cantillon's framboise to age in a materially-different manner than does their kriek. I've had their kriek with 10+ years of age on it multiple times, and none of them tasted tired in any way, shape, or form.

That said, I'm sure your 2013 *is* delicious now!
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16908 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

BTW, Tim, RRBC's "Supplication" and "Consecration" are both constantly on shelves everywhere out here. Same near you, or no? I seem to recall you saying one of them is your favorite --- if you're interested, and are willing to pay cost + shipping, I can send some to you next time I go to the store and see some. They tend to run in the $15 - $18 neighborhood for a 375mL --- at least, pretty sure they're 375mL --- if not they're 500mLs.
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

TimF
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16909 Post by TimF »

I don’t think any Russian River Brewing is distributed in Illinois. I’m happy to cover the costs.
Tim F@itsch

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16910 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Which do you prefer (or both?!), and how much would you want?

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16911 Post by BRhoades »

Monkish Brewing. Hang My Boots. TIPA. 10.3% ABV. Hopped entirely with Nelson Sauvin hops, 2020 vintage. You know I love my Nelson hops and in Henry's hands I'm a sucker for anything he cans with it. Last years rendition of Boots blew me away so I jumped on the chance two snag a couple four packs of this years batch. It's what you'd expect with a Monkish Nelson beer, aromatics that offer ripe tropical and melon notes along with that funky dirty diesel fuel note I seem to get from high quality Nelson hops. The flavor is dominated by sweet white grapes, ripe melons and a melange of tropical notes. The absence of alcohol on a beer at 10.3% is amazing, it drinks like a 7.5% IPA on a semi soft creamy body, the finish is juicy and long.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16912 Post by BRhoades »

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote: January 8th, 2021, 11:17 am BTW, Tim, RRBC's "Supplication" and "Consecration" are both constantly on shelves everywhere out here. Same near you, or no? I seem to recall you saying one of them is your favorite --- if you're interested, and are willing to pay cost + shipping, I can send some to you next time I go to the store and see some. They tend to run in the $15 - $18 neighborhood for a 375mL --- at least, pretty sure they're 375mL --- if not they're 500mLs.
True Beer Advocacy ! Spread the love Brian !

Cheers,

Bud

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16913 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

[drinkers.gif] grouphug

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16914 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Arrow Lodge / riip - "West Coast" DIPA
Pours clear --- it really is a legit West Coast. A touch low on carbonation, but no shortage of anything else. Effusive aromas of ripe pineapple and canned pears. OG Nu School on the palate --- in that typically "bouncy" sort of way --- this is something I frequently associate with El Dorado and Mosaic hops. Moderately bitter, and absolutely delicious! Incredibly moreish --- this is dangerously easy to drink. As far as I'm concerned, this is a 10/10 for a West Coast DIPA. Really stellar stuff, and yet another incredible beer from Arrow Lodge, a new-to-me brewery that has been fairly eyebrow raising, which is not to dismiss riip, of course, who is pretty awesome in their own right.
9.3%. 11/11/20 canning. Hopped with Simcoe, Idaho 7 Cryo, and Nelson.

Paul Miller
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#16915 Post by Paul Miller »

619F20F6-200F-4E7B-8705-235C3E798E99.jpeg

Mel Hill

#16916 Post by Mel Hill »

EE1257EB-DF15-459B-A4DD-AE5C68A04E66.jpeg
Post walk beer. They make this every year or so, pretty good at hiding the 9.0%! Now I need a nap!

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16917 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

That looks beautiful, Mel!

TimF
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16918 Post by TimF »

Delicious! Bottled 9/3/2013
630308B4-E481-4847-A372-504A307BA125.jpeg
Tim F@itsch

TimF
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16919 Post by TimF »

TimF wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:20 pm Delicious! Bottled 9/3/2013
This beer is really, really good. Like one of the best I’ve ever had in my life.
Tim F@itsch

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16920 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Sounds like it didn't come across as tired/tiring. Cool stuff, Tim. Thanks for the post!

Mike Stoneking
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16921 Post by Mike Stoneking »

BRhoades wrote: January 8th, 2021, 4:25 pm Image

Monkish Brewing. Hang My Boots. TIPA. 10.3% ABV. Hopped entirely with Nelson Sauvin hops, 2020 vintage. You know I love my Nelson hops and in Henry's hands I'm a sucker for anything he cans with it. Last years rendition of Boots blew me away so I jumped on the chance two snag a couple four packs of this years batch. It's what you'd expect with a Monkish Nelson beer, aromatics that offer ripe tropical and melon notes along with that funky dirty diesel fuel note I seem to get from high quality Nelson hops. The flavor is dominated by sweet white grapes, ripe melons and a melange of tropical notes. The absence of alcohol on a beer at 10.3% is amazing, it drinks like a 7.5% IPA on a semi soft creamy body, the finish is juicy and long.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
Yeah Bud, this one is drinking great right now. Still have a few to go through. Going to Monkish tomorrow to grab my 2 stout bottles I somehow grabbed. Going by Green Cheek to see what's on the menu. I need to get active here as there is SO much great being shipped around the state. Cheers to you and yours!
ITB..............Someone has to drink all this damn wine.
Viva Berserkers!!

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16922 Post by BRhoades »

Mike Stoneking wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 5:54 pm

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
Yeah Bud, this one is drinking great right now. Still have a few to go through. Going to Monkish tomorrow to grab my 2 stout bottles I somehow grabbed. Going by Green Cheek to see what's on the menu. I need to get active here as there is SO much great being shipped around the state. Cheers to you and yours!
Hoping Green Cheek drops Swim Test tomorrow ! Great to hear from you buddy ! Cheers to you and Dana !

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on January 22nd, 2021, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16923 Post by BRhoades »

TimF wrote: January 20th, 2021, 8:07 pm
TimF wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:20 pm Delicious! Bottled 9/3/2013
This beer is really, really good. Like one of the best I’ve ever had in my life.
Yea, its that special.

Cheers,

Bud

BRhoades
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16924 Post by BRhoades »

Mike Stoneking wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 5:54 pm

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
I had Little Twin Stars back at the 7th Anniversary party for Monkish, I cannot believe you lucked out and snagged two ! Good for you !

Cheers,

Bud

Return to “Beer and Spirits”