What BEER are you drinking?

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
BRhoades

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16051 Post by BRhoades » May 8th, 2019, 6:20 pm

Modern Times Beer Co. Telesto IPA. 7% ABV. Hopped with Simcoe and Amarillo hops. This is the seasonal distro for May/June. Pours a beautiful hazy sunset orange color with a good full inch of compact dense bright white head. The nose is an absolute fruit bomb, ripe papaya, pineapple, orange zest and sweet clementines with a hint of piny resin. Flavors follow the nose with more bitter sweet citrus and ripe tropical fruit dominating, there is a very cool green herbaciouness mid palate. The mouth is soft and full and finishes long and dry. Nobody delivers this quality on this scale IMHO, not even close. Easy to find at better bottle shops that carry MT products, a world class QPR IPA.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16052 Post by Mark Y » May 11th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 12:18 pm
Mark, we need to meet up some time. I work in Lincoln Square, so has to be pretty damn close to where you're at, at least when you're not on a beach ;)

Maybe it'll be enough to get Scott to finally cross-over to the dreaded 4-2-5.
Andrew, the goal is to be on a beach at all times.. i fail 48-50 weeks out of the year! :(

Indeed we should! Keep telling Scott to host a bottle share (since we have 2 little ones so hosting at my place is a challenge with the Boss)..

I work in Downtown Seattle, but live in Bellevue. I'd LOVE to work in lincoln square.. oh the commute!

Scott Tallman wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 1:21 pm
Only on a bike [wow.gif]
Scott, when the Mrs Tallman leave the house again? ;)
Y.e.

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16053 Post by Mark Y » May 11th, 2019, 5:44 pm

Been on a bit of a Treehouse addiction lately.
4B5A8E6B-D366-4053-AF0E-89052DB41334.jpeg
48D1C576-55A3-4E66-8CD9-2B2C1272E0D0.jpeg
Y.e.

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16054 Post by Andrew Kotowski » May 11th, 2019, 8:37 pm

2015 BCBS - This was great. Chocolate, vanilla, caramel with a motor oil viscosity. Had it with a rib eye, which was just great for layering fat on fat (as opposed to acid).

Good stuff.
Attachments
3DE37790-0578-4E2F-8C8D-44D92B210F68.jpeg

Scott Tallman

#16055 Post by Scott Tallman » May 11th, 2019, 11:21 pm

Mark Y wrote:
May 11th, 2019, 5:42 pm
Andrew Kotowski wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 12:18 pm
Mark, we need to meet up some time. I work in Lincoln Square, so has to be pretty damn close to where you're at, at least when you're not on a beach ;)

Maybe it'll be enough to get Scott to finally cross-over to the dreaded 4-2-5.
Andrew, the goal is to be on a beach at all times.. i fail 48-50 weeks out of the year! :(

Indeed we should! Keep telling Scott to host a bottle share (since we have 2 little ones so hosting at my place is a challenge with the Boss)..

I work in Downtown Seattle, but live in Bellevue. I'd LOVE to work in lincoln square.. oh the commute!

Scott Tallman wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 1:21 pm
Only on a bike [wow.gif]
Scott, when the Mrs Tallman leave the house again? ;)
I’ll be alone quite a bit the second half of May. You bring the Treehouse, I’ll host!
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16056 Post by Mark Y » May 12th, 2019, 7:22 am

Scott Tallman wrote:
May 11th, 2019, 11:21 pm

I’ll be alone quite a bit the second half of May. You bring the Treehouse, I’ll host!
Deal! May 29/30th time frame? :)
Y.e.

JeromeHan

#16057 Post by JeromeHan » May 12th, 2019, 3:41 pm

Stopping by to live vicariously through you all as my wife has us stuck deep in Keto hell.

ClarkstonMark
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16058 Post by ClarkstonMark » May 12th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Last couple of Heater Allen’s. These beers make me feel like I’m back in Germany.
Attachments
F7AB9B0C-3CF4-422B-9E32-7CDB46836D5F.jpeg
C14EC0B9-67D1-4ECA-8C1C-7D295AA72C30.jpeg
Mark Cronmiller
White Lake, MI

Scott Tallman

#16059 Post by Scott Tallman » May 12th, 2019, 4:43 pm

Mark Y wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 7:22 am
Scott Tallman wrote:

No go on 29th, but 30th is doable if there’s interest and the weather is nice. She’ll be home, but the back deck/yard will work. Otherwise best times are 21st - 26th.
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16060 Post by Mark Y » May 12th, 2019, 8:42 pm

Scott Tallman wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 4:43 pm
Mark Y wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 7:22 am
Scott Tallman wrote:

No go on 29th, but 30th is doable if there’s interest and the weather is nice. She’ll be home, but the back deck/yard will work. Otherwise best times are 21st - 26th.
On a biz trip and then out for Memorial Day.
5/30 sounds good if you are good?
Wanna wrangle some peeps together?
Y.e.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16061 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » May 13th, 2019, 12:34 am

BRhoades wrote:
May 8th, 2019, 6:20 pm

Modern Times Beer Co. Telesto IPA. 7% ABV. Hopped with Simcoe and Amarillo hops. This is the seasonal distro for May/June. Pours a beautiful hazy sunset orange color with a good full inch of compact dense bright white head. The nose is an absolute fruit bomb, ripe papaya, pineapple, orange zest and sweet clementines with a hint of piny resin. Flavors follow the nose with more bitter sweet citrus and ripe tropical fruit dominating, there is a very cool green herbaciouness mid palate. The mouth is soft and full and finishes long and dry. Nobody delivers this quality on this scale IMHO, not even close. Easy to find at better bottle shops that carry MT products, a world class QPR IPA.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
I thought this was good, and definitely worth the price. That said, I do not place this in the upper tier of MT hazies. With how well they've been doing with the style, I give this one a "C." For my preferences, I don't think the rye works in there. I do, however, like Rye IPAs when done in the west coast style ... I'd love to see El Segundo or Noble do one.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16062 Post by Craig G » May 13th, 2019, 6:50 am

Drie Fonteinen Hommage: Color, nose and price all remind one of Chambolle Musigny :-)
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

BRhoades

#16063 Post by BRhoades » May 13th, 2019, 5:25 pm

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 12:34 am
BRhoades wrote:
May 8th, 2019, 6:20 pm

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
I thought this was good, and definitely worth the price. That said, I do not place this in the upper tier of MT hazies. With how well they've been doing with the style, I give this one a "C." For my preferences, I don't think the rye works in there. I do, however, like Rye IPAs when done in the west coast style ... I'd love to see El Segundo or Noble do one.
If I recall correctly there have been a few Monkish IPAs that had rye that you guys didn't like to much as well ? Is the hazy style with Rye a detractor for you. I do know you loved the OG Alpine Nelson that was a Rye IPA, albeit it was a hybrid west coast slightly hazy beer, because if I recall we almost killed an entire growler of it at Beachwood Seal Beach a few moons ago. Really looking forward to picking up my May on-line MT stuff this week especially Unlike Birds, the collab with Other Half.

Cheers,

Bud

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16064 Post by Andrew Kotowski » May 14th, 2019, 6:42 pm

This didn’t taste anything at all like the other bottle - no soy, light coffee notes and chocolate syrup with a little bit of stout thrown in to fit the genre.

Let me know if you land on the 30th; will make it work and drag some crappy stouts :). Pretty sure I have some Parabola and BCBS with some age on them.
Attachments
22339CAE-F6DA-4820-994B-9AC0BA3EBC1C.jpeg

BRhoades

#16065 Post by BRhoades » May 18th, 2019, 3:31 pm

Modern Times Beer Co. and Other Half Brewing Co. Unlike Birds,This Is Real. DIPA. 8.2% ABV. Hopped with Nelson, Citra and Cashmere. Just another amazing effort from MT, this time with the help from the Other Half crew out of Brooklyn NY. It pours that creamy milky white yellowish color with a nice cap of tightly packed bubbles. Super fragrant nose with lots of ripe citrus, stone fruits and mango. Flavors follow the nose with ripe juicy pineapple, sweet tangerine and that dank vineous white grape note before transitioning mid palate to mango, papaya, nectarine and passion fruits. The body is soft and creamy and finishes long and bitter sweet. This was from the May on-line sale.

Highly recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

BRhoades

#16066 Post by BRhoades » May 19th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Modern Times Beer Co. Tiger Millionaire, TIPA.10.4% ABV. Hopped with Citra and Nelson hops. Another beer from the May on-line sale. Yet another example of why I think MT has become one of the best at the west coast haze game, incredible aromatics, insane complexity of flavors ranging from citrus to tropical's and just super clean and crushable for a beer that is 10% + ABV. It never bogs down and the bitter hoppiness mid-palate to finish reminds you it's beer.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

Return to “Beer and Spirits”