What BEER are you drinking?

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
Message
Author
User avatar
BRhoades
Posts: 2224
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 10:29 am

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16001 Post by BRhoades » April 15th, 2019, 7:21 pm

Image

Modern Times Beer. DDH MT5! DIPA. 8.4% ABV. Double Dry Hopped with Nelson and Motueka hops.

Originally brewed as the Modern Times 5th Anniversary DIPA last year. For this months on-line sale they re-released it as a DDH take on the OG. From the gorgeous milky yellow color to the huge Nelson driven nose this beer just rips out of the gate. Flavors are a potpourri of over ripe tropical goodness, sweet pineapples, mango, papaya, passion fruit and kiwi followed by sweet tangerine, nectarine and peach mid-palate. The body is pillowy soft from the oat additions yet finishes long, dry and bitter sweet. I am huge MT fan and have had my fair share of their NE styled IPA/DIPAs and IMHO this is the best they have done. It's at or above the top tier Monkish masterpieces. Can's are still available at some MT locations, seek this one out, you will not be disappointed.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17720
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16002 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 15th, 2019, 10:57 pm

BRhoades wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 6:58 pm
Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 3:27 pm
A couple excellent hazies from Modern Times:
DDH MT5
Stencil Crew
Brian, the new batch of DDH MT5! is off the charts amazing. I dare say it's the best DIPA they have ever brewed, this one is on the Monkish level or better, love the 2nd vintage of Stencil as well, but that DDHMT5! YOWZA!

Cheers,

Bud
Agreed.

I ordered pours of each, and was very impressed. Then brought 4 packs of each home. As soon as the tender handed me the 4 pack of Stencil Crew I recognized the art, but I don't remember liking it this much.

... and that DDH MT5 --- flirtysmile On. Point. I loved MT5, but this is even better! Now that I think about it, I routinely prefer the DDH versions of beers I like. Have you found the same? And that question goes out to everybody ---- do you tend to prefer DDH versions to regular versions?
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

Jhart
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 36
Joined: February 5th, 2013, 5:44 am

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16003 Post by Jhart » April 16th, 2019, 4:39 am

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 10:57 pm
... and that DDH MT5 --- flirtysmile On. Point. I loved MT5, but this is even better! Now that I think about it, I routinely prefer the DDH versions of beers I like. Have you found the same? And that question goes out to everybody ---- do you tend to prefer DDH versions to regular versions?
There are a few examples where I find that Double dry hopping a beer takes it out of balance (Sixpoint’s Hi-Res is one), but I usually enjoy DDH versions more than the regular. One of the best breweries I have access to here in Pensacola (Parish) even does a quad dry hopped version of their flagship pale ale.
John

User avatar
Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4090
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Location: Sammamish, WA

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16004 Post by Andrew Kotowski » April 16th, 2019, 4:23 pm

FWIW - FiftyFifty futures on sale for some of their barrel aged stuff. Half-off, given they're futures. Will probably pass, but the Vietnamese Coffee one has me on the fence...

https://fiftyfiftybrewing.com/shop/eclipse-futures.html

User avatar
BRhoades
Posts: 2224
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 10:29 am

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16005 Post by BRhoades » April 16th, 2019, 5:24 pm

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 10:57 pm
BRhoades wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 6:58 pm
Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 3:27 pm
A couple excellent hazies from Modern Times:
DDH MT5
Stencil Crew
Brian, the new batch of DDH MT5! is off the charts amazing. I dare say it's the best DIPA they have ever brewed, this one is on the Monkish level or better, love the 2nd vintage of Stencil as well, but that DDHMT5! YOWZA!

Cheers,

Bud
Agreed.

I ordered pours of each, and was very impressed. Then brought 4 packs of each home. As soon as the tender handed me the 4 pack of Stencil Crew I recognized the art, but I don't remember liking it this much.

... and that DDH MT5 --- flirtysmile On. Point. I loved MT5, but this is even better! Now that I think about it, I routinely prefer the DDH versions of beers I like. Have you found the same? And that question goes out to everybody ---- do you tend to prefer DDH versions to regular versions?
Brian, I find I enjoy most DDH beers more than a single hop addition beer. It also has a lot to do with how much a brewery actually " double dry hops " There are many that tell me that one brewery's DDH can be another brewery's single hopped effort when it comes to actual hop content. I know Henry@Monkish uses a shit ton of hops in all of his recipes and his DDH'd beers are insanely hopped, probably why I like them so much and why they taste so much more explosive than the single hopped version of the same beer, much like Modern Times DDH MT5!, fantastic as a single hopped beer but mind bending when DDH'd

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on April 16th, 2019, 5:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
It aint wine all the time

User avatar
BRhoades
Posts: 2224
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 10:29 am

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16006 Post by BRhoades » April 16th, 2019, 5:38 pm

Image

Monkish Brewing Co. Really Real. DIPA. 8.3% ABV. Hopped with Galaxy hops.

This returns 6 months after it's last release and as a lover of single varietal hopped beers I always look forward to this one. Pours a nice hazy yellowish orange with an inch of tight packed bubbles. Galaxy has amazing aromatic qualities from ripe pineapple to sweet citrus fruits and they're evident on the nose. Flavors follow the nose with more of that juicy sweet pineapple before transitioning mid palate to more bitter sweet citrus fruits like red grapefruit and tangerine. Really Real has a more west coast mouth feel that's crisp and dry and finishes like a traditional west coast IPA, long dry and bitter sweet. Really Real is available at the brewery for tap pours and growler fills. If you love west coast IPAs with a bit of NE IPA DNA this is a beer you should try.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17720
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16007 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 16th, 2019, 10:26 pm

Hmmm...that sounds really good, Bud! I think I had it previously, but don't recall what I thought of it.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

User avatar
Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2195
Joined: April 4th, 2012, 12:07 pm
Location: Seattle (Fremont), WA

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16008 Post by Scott Tallman » April 18th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Bud/Brian/Andrew - here’s your chance to be more than just consumers of MT beer, but (tiny minority) owners of the company!

https://wefunder.com/moderntimesbeer
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

User avatar
BRhoades
Posts: 2224
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 10:29 am

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16009 Post by BRhoades » April 19th, 2019, 11:01 am

Scott Tallman wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Bud/Brian/Andrew - here’s your chance to be more than just consumers of MT beer, but (tiny minority) owners of the company!

https://wefunder.com/moderntimesbeer
I got an email from them earlier this week. As an investment it's laughable, this is aimed at the MT fan that for $252 per share can say they are part owners of one of the best breweries in the country, kind of like my " ownership " of my beloved Green Bay Packers !

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on April 19th, 2019, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It aint wine all the time

User avatar
Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2195
Joined: April 4th, 2012, 12:07 pm
Location: Seattle (Fremont), WA

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16010 Post by Scott Tallman » April 19th, 2019, 12:58 pm

BRhoades wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 11:01 am
Scott Tallman wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Bud/Brian/Andrew - here’s your chance to be more than just consumers of MT beer, but (tiny minority) owners of the company!

https://wefunder.com/moderntimesbeer
I got an email from them earlier this week. As an investment it's laughable, this is aimed at the MT fan that for $252 per share can say they are part owners of one if the best breweries in the country, kind of like my " ownership " of my beloved Green Bay Packers !

Cheers,

Bud
Exactly, the whole point of crowdfunding! I’m interested to see whether they raise up to the investment cap and, if so, how quickly.

A hotly anticipated Seattle start-up Farmhouse brewery, Fair Isle (expected opening around August), relied on a combination of a traditional equity private placement to accredited investors and a crowdfunding revenue notes offering. They raised the money they sought, although I think the crowdfunding cap wasn’t hit until close to the closing date after being open for a few months.
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

User avatar
BRhoades
Posts: 2224
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 10:29 am

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16011 Post by BRhoades » April 19th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Scott Tallman wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 12:58 pm
BRhoades wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 11:01 am
Scott Tallman wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Bud/Brian/Andrew - here’s your chance to be more than just consumers of MT beer, but (tiny minority) owners of the company!

https://wefunder.com/moderntimesbeer
I got an email from them earlier this week. As an investment it's laughable, this is aimed at the MT fan that for $252 per share can say they are part owners of one if the best breweries in the country, kind of like my " ownership " of my beloved Green Bay Packers !

Cheers,

Bud
Exactly, the whole point of crowdfunding! I’m interested to see whether they raise up to the investment cap and, if so, how quickly.

A hotly anticipated Seattle start-up Farmhouse brewery, Fair Isle (expected opening around August), relied on a combination of a traditional equity private placement to accredited investors and a crowdfunding revenue notes offering. They raised the money they sought, although I think the crowdfunding cap wasn’t hit until close to the closing date after being open for a few months.
The cap is right around a million if I recall, this will be interesting to follow.

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time

User avatar
Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3752
Joined: June 7th, 2009, 10:13 am
Location: McMinnville, OR

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16012 Post by Rick Allen » April 19th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Scott Tallman wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Bud/Brian/Andrew - here’s your chance to be more than just consumers of MT beer, but (tiny minority) owners of the company!

https://wefunder.com/moderntimesbeer
As an investment I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole. They lost a lot of money in both 2017 and 2018, and I found this kind of funny:
Our cash in hand is $743,164, as of April 2019. Over the three months prior, revenues averaged $2,546,180/month, cost of goods sold has averaged $1,808,083/month, and operational expenses have averaged $738,083/month.
Revenues - $2,546,180/mo, Operational expenses (without interest) - $2,546,166/mo, EBITDAE - $14/mo That will cover a lot of interest! I wonder if their bankers are getting nervous...

I hate irrational competitors, and MT fits in that category.

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17720
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16013 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 19th, 2019, 2:05 pm

Seems pricey.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17720
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16014 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 19th, 2019, 2:06 pm

had one of El Segundo Brewing's - "Drop Shadow" NEIPA. Damn. This is legit-good, and I would expect nothing less from them. AFAIK, this is the first full-on hazy they've done, and they've knocked it out of the park. For the style, moderately priced at $15 for a 4-pack of pints. I will buy again.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

User avatar
Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2195
Joined: April 4th, 2012, 12:07 pm
Location: Seattle (Fremont), WA

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16015 Post by Scott Tallman » April 19th, 2019, 3:53 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 1:54 pm
Scott Tallman wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Bud/Brian/Andrew - here’s your chance to be more than just consumers of MT beer, but (tiny minority) owners of the company!

https://wefunder.com/moderntimesbeer
As an investment I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole. They lost a lot of money in both 2017 and 2018, and I found this kind of funny:
Our cash in hand is $743,164, as of April 2019. Over the three months prior, revenues averaged $2,546,180/month, cost of goods sold has averaged $1,808,083/month, and operational expenses have averaged $738,083/month.
Revenues - $2,546,180/mo, Operational expenses (without interest) - $2,546,166/mo, EBITDAE - $14/mo That will cover a lot of interest! I wonder if their bankers are getting nervous...

I hate irrational competitors, and MT fits in that category.
To be clear, I was/am not recommending anyone invest. Merely found it amusing/interesting.

In fact, listen to the finance/brewer above, and stick to MT cans and pints if you enjoy their beer.
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

User avatar
Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2195
Joined: April 4th, 2012, 12:07 pm
Location: Seattle (Fremont), WA

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16016 Post by Scott Tallman » April 19th, 2019, 4:00 pm

Just had The Hollow Pilsner from Kent Falls Brewing (Kent, CT). Never heard of this brewery before - apparently they are a working farm brewery that grows their own hops. Definitely better than most of the Pilsners being rushed to market to jump on the Pilsner bandwagon, especially those made in WA, but still a notch below my favorites.

And Rick, I drank this at Bottleworks, which only had maybe 4 bottles of your beer on the shelves (all Dunkel). Please send us more soon, specifically cans of Pils and Das Bier. It’s spring, which means it’s Lager (and Saison) season. I’ve still got plenty of Saison, but I’m all out of lagers. [cheers.gif]
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

User avatar
Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3752
Joined: June 7th, 2009, 10:13 am
Location: McMinnville, OR

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16017 Post by Rick Allen » April 19th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Unfortunately Patrick isn't planning on heading north until early May - we're canning Lenzbock and more Pils on 4/30, and he doesn't want to head up until we have more beer. I may have another, sooner alternative. If it comes about, I'll PM you.

User avatar
BRhoades
Posts: 2224
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 10:29 am

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16018 Post by BRhoades » April 19th, 2019, 4:16 pm

Scott Tallman wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 3:53 pm
Rick Allen wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 1:54 pm
Scott Tallman wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Bud/Brian/Andrew - here’s your chance to be more than just consumers of MT beer, but (tiny minority) owners of the company!

https://wefunder.com/moderntimesbeer
As an investment I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole. They lost a lot of money in both 2017 and 2018, and I found this kind of funny:
Our cash in hand is $743,164, as of April 2019. Over the three months prior, revenues averaged $2,546,180/month, cost of goods sold has averaged $1,808,083/month, and operational expenses have averaged $738,083/month.
Revenues - $2,546,180/mo, Operational expenses (without interest) - $2,546,166/mo, EBITDAE - $14/mo That will cover a lot of interest! I wonder if their bankers are getting nervous...

I hate irrational competitors, and MT fits in that category.
To be clear, I was/am not recommending anyone invest. Merely found it amusing/interesting.

In fact, listen to the finance/brewer above, and stick to MT cans and pints if you enjoy their beer.
As of today after three days they are at 50% to cap, really people ? They are obviously extremely over extended and need free capital to finish both Anaheim and Santa Barbara sites. Love their beers but not the business models.

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on April 19th, 2019, 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It aint wine all the time

User avatar
Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2195
Joined: April 4th, 2012, 12:07 pm
Location: Seattle (Fremont), WA

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16019 Post by Scott Tallman » April 19th, 2019, 4:17 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 4:12 pm
Unfortunately Patrick isn't planning on heading north until early May - we're canning Lenzbock and more Pils on 4/30, and he doesn't want to head up until we have more beer. I may have another, sooner alternative. If it comes about, I'll PM you.
Excellent. If I have to wait until May, I’ll be forced to drive across Seattle to other places that may still have your beer in stock. Probably faster for me to just drive to your brewery with the shitshow that is Seattle traffic. [wow.gif]
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

User avatar
BRhoades
Posts: 2224
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 10:29 am

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16020 Post by BRhoades » April 19th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 2:06 pm
had one of El Segundo Brewing's - "Drop Shadow" NEIPA. Damn. This is legit-good, and I would expect nothing less from them. AFAIK, this is the first full-on hazy they've done, and they've knocked it out of the park. For the style, moderately priced at $15 for a 4-pack of pints. I will buy again.
Ive been hearing very good things about this one Brian, thanks for the post.

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time

User avatar
Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2195
Joined: April 4th, 2012, 12:07 pm
Location: Seattle (Fremont), WA

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16021 Post by Scott Tallman » April 19th, 2019, 4:20 pm

People are always willing to make terrible investments (see Lyft IPO or Pets.com). At least the SEC’s crowdfunding rules cap how much individuals can invest to such small amounts that a complete loss should not be financially ruinous.
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17720
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16022 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 19th, 2019, 4:58 pm

BRhoades wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 4:20 pm
Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 2:06 pm
had one of El Segundo Brewing's - "Drop Shadow" NEIPA. Damn. This is legit-good, and I would expect nothing less from them. AFAIK, this is the first full-on hazy they've done, and they've knocked it out of the park. For the style, moderately priced at $15 for a 4-pack of pints. I will buy again.
Ive been hearing very good things about this one Brian, thanks for the post.

Cheers,

Bud
Bud,
No way will you be disappointed. Buy buy buy!
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

User avatar
BRhoades
Posts: 2224
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 10:29 am

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16023 Post by BRhoades » April 19th, 2019, 5:00 pm

Scott Tallman wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 4:20 pm
People are always willing to make terrible investments (see Lyft IPO or Pets.com). At least the SEC’s crowdfunding rules cap how much individuals can invest to such small amounts that a complete loss should not be financially ruinous.
Yea but look how many new money brew boiz are driving around San Diego as new owners of Modern Times tonight ! Oh the perks that will get em [wow.gif]

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on April 19th, 2019, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It aint wine all the time

User avatar
BRhoades
Posts: 2224
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 10:29 am

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16024 Post by BRhoades » April 19th, 2019, 5:02 pm

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 4:58 pm
BRhoades wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 4:20 pm
Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 2:06 pm
had one of El Segundo Brewing's - "Drop Shadow" NEIPA. Damn. This is legit-good, and I would expect nothing less from them. AFAIK, this is the first full-on hazy they've done, and they've knocked it out of the park. For the style, moderately priced at $15 for a 4-pack of pints. I will buy again.
Ive been hearing very good things about this one Brian, thanks for the post.

Cheers,

Bud
Bud,
No way will you be disappointed. Buy buy buy!
Said in his best Colin Cowherd voice !

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17720
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16025 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » April 19th, 2019, 6:27 pm

[wink.gif] How did you know?!?

Also: picked up a 4pack of Beachwood's Simcoast IPA today. You had it yet?
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

User avatar
Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4090
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Location: Sammamish, WA

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16026 Post by Andrew Kotowski » April 19th, 2019, 8:35 pm

Fort George Crysknife IPA - great beer. On the off chance you see this and like hazy/OJ IPAs, I’d jump on it.

Deschutes Abyss - as always, fantastic on tap. Will be in Bend in a couple of weeks and we’ll be dropping in to grab this from the source.

Fremont Head Full of Dynamite 10 - good, but not all that exciting - the story of most Fremont beers

User avatar
BRhoades
Posts: 2224
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 10:29 am

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16027 Post by BRhoades » April 20th, 2019, 11:55 am

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 6:27 pm
[wink.gif] How did you know?!?

Also: picked up a 4pack of Beachwood's Simcoast IPA today. You had it yet?
Love it !

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time

User avatar
Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4090
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Location: Sammamish, WA

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16028 Post by Andrew Kotowski » April 20th, 2019, 12:29 pm

Re: MT stock - curious if you get a four pack of 16 oz cans per share? At after-market pricing, $252/four pack of one of their collab beers is almost break-even *smirk*

User avatar
BRhoades
Posts: 2224
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 10:29 am

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16029 Post by BRhoades » April 20th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 12:29 pm
Re: MT stock - curious if you get a four pack of 16 oz cans per share? At after-market pricing, $252/four pack of one of their collab beers is almost break-even *smirk*
75% Reserved after 3 days. I'm speechless.

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time

User avatar
BRhoades
Posts: 2224
Joined: February 8th, 2011, 10:29 am

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16030 Post by BRhoades » April 20th, 2019, 4:13 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 12:29 pm
Re: MT stock - curious if you get a four pack of 16 oz cans per share? At after-market pricing, $252/four pack of one of their collab beers is almost break-even *smirk*

I've seen some of their highly sought after pastry stouts come close to a share price.

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time

User avatar
Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2195
Joined: April 4th, 2012, 12:07 pm
Location: Seattle (Fremont), WA

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16031 Post by Scott Tallman » April 20th, 2019, 8:15 pm

Chuckanut Single Hop Lager (Vic Secret) - Not sure if Chuckanut followed Heater Allen’s lead in creating a single Hop Pils with a non-traditional pils Hop (apparently their prior effort was with Citra), but this was a solid effort. Not better than their regular Pils or HA’s single Hop Pils. I do see these beers as the gateway drug for luring Hop heads to drink Pils. Hook them with a hoppy Pils (esp one with a Hop they know from IPAs), then once their palate is destroyed from years of Hop bombs, sours, and triple barrel aged candy stouts, you’ll have a captive customer. [snort.gif]

Oxbow Cohesion - dry hopped with Citra. A very good modern, hoppy Saison with a dry finish, but I kept thinking how I prefer my Saisons (1) to be led by the yeast profile (Blaugies, Dupont), not the hops, and (2) (mostly) with old school hops, not recent Hop (eg, Citra, Mosaic, etc), even when I love those hops in other beer styles.

Thiriez Extra - like a cross of a dry, hoppy Saison and English bitter. Refreshing, spicy, hoppy, and low ABV. Could drink a lot of this on a warm day.
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

User avatar
Scott Tallman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2195
Joined: April 4th, 2012, 12:07 pm
Location: Seattle (Fremont), WA

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16032 Post by Scott Tallman » April 20th, 2019, 8:22 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 8:35 pm
Fort George Crysknife IPA - great beer. On the off chance you see this and like hazy/OJ IPAs, I’d jump on it.

Deschutes Abyss - as always, fantastic on tap. Will be in Bend in a couple of weeks and we’ll be dropping in to grab this from the source.

Fremont Head Full of Dynamite 10 - good, but not all that exciting - the story of most Fremont beers
I’m waiting for 3-Way, but if I see the Crysknife, I’ll give it a try.

Have you tried Fremont’s Sky Kraken Hazy Pale? Not great, but one of the few Fremont beers I’d happily drink.

Not an Abyss fan, but had a bottle a fellow Berserker left at my house (2016 aged in Scotch IIRC). My neighbor opened it the other night. One sip and I bowed out. He proceeded to drink entire bottle. And wobbled and stumbled his way across the street to his house.
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

User avatar
Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3752
Joined: June 7th, 2009, 10:13 am
Location: McMinnville, OR

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16033 Post by Rick Allen » April 21st, 2019, 10:16 am

We had the owner of Moonlight Brewing stop by and hang out for a few hours yesterday. Moonlight makes some other stuff, but their big beers are Reality Czech Pilsner and Death and Taxes - a black lager. It's always good to compare ideas with someone trying to do the same thing that we are.

User avatar
Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4090
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Location: Sammamish, WA

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16034 Post by Andrew Kotowski » April 21st, 2019, 11:25 am

Scotch-aged Abyss was a bit much, imho!

Post Reply

Return to “Beer and Spirits”